Author Topic: I got mentioned on Greg Grant's Wacky Packages Web Page!  (Read 18418 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: I got mentioned on Greg Grant's Wacky Packages Web Page!
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »
You'll never believe what happened to me today.

Recently, Greg had a lottery contest on his website and I was one of the two winners! My prize was a hardcover book called Jay Lynch's Wacky Packages Sketches Anthology: 2005-2009. It's a first printing and one of only 50 copies made. And no, it's not available in stores.

Jay was a great Wacky artist and will be missed.
I've seen one of those for sale recently.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
Recently, Greg had a lottery contest on his website and I was one of the two winners! My prize was a hardcover book called Jay Lynch's Wacky Packages Sketches Anthology: 2005-2009. It's a first printing and one of only 50 copies made. And no, it's not available in stores.
I didn't even enter the contest and Greg sent me one of these a few weeks ago (I opened it Christmas day, as instructed). It's pretty cool.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 08:59:45 AM »
I didn't even enter the contest and Greg sent me one of these a few weeks ago (I opened it Christmas day, as instructed). It's pretty cool.
I didn't either and isn't it, though?

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:56 PM »

I got one too!  Very nice....

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
It was a nicely done book of all a lot of the sketches that Jay did for people.  It was a great read (or should I say look through)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:30 AM »
Did we lose some members? I noticed Greg re-opened his forum, and it's been quieter here lately.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 06:18:35 AM »
Did we lose some members? I noticed Greg re-opened his forum, and it's been quieter here lately.

I doubt it. Everyone I am familiar with who has posted there is still a member here.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 02:04:51 PM »
I doubt it. Everyone I am familiar with who has posted there is still a member here.
Anyone who doesn't believe greg want his forum to be THE FORUM and will do everything in his power to make it that way hasn't been in the hobby very long.  I heard he has been feverishly emailing people to join his forum.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
Anyone who doesn't believe greg want his forum to be THE FORUM and will do everything in his power to make it that way hasn't been in the hobby very long.  I heard he has been feverishly emailing people to join his forum.

Unlike in the past it just doesn’t seem like a big issue to me anymore. There are wacky Facebook groups, forums....participating in multiple venues is fine. The primary selling point of Greg’s forum is he posts a good bit of content that is interesting to me and appears nowhere else. So I will participate in all venues.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 02:39:20 PM »
Unlike in the past it just doesn’t seem like a big issue to me anymore. There are wacky Facebook groups, forums....participating in multiple venues is fine. The primary selling point of Greg’s forum is he posts a good bit of content that is interesting to me and appears nowhere else. So I will participate in all venues.

I loved Greg's forum and was an active participant.  But, somehow I became unwelcome, and so I was thrilled to join this (Brad's) forum.  I don't really care for Facebook, and there are just too many FB groups to even keep track of.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
Nothing against Greg personally, but I feel "at home" on this forum now. I wasn't aware, or a part, of the drama, back when his forum had it's glory days.
I hope nothing changes here with his attempt to rebuild his forum.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »
Nothing against Greg personally, but I feel "at home" on this forum now. I wasn't aware, or a part, of the drama, back when his forum had it's glory days.

I feel at home on this forum also, but I am interested in a lot of the stuff he has posted on his forum, and he’s not going to post it here, so I’ll participate in both. I can’t see why anything should change here.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:08 PM »

It was the very first computer "group" I found and joined, and I spent a lot of time on it, even though I only had dial-up for 60 minute connections at a time   >( >(

Made a lot of friends.  Brother Shoe was the first to help me, with some ANS1 tattoos, I think.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
I loved Greg's forum and was an active participant.  But, somehow I became unwelcome, and so I was thrilled to join this (Brad's) forum.  I don't really care for Facebook, and there are just too many FB groups to even keep track of.
There are several facebook groups which is idle chatter which is often redundant but it is light and fun aside from that one lunatic who was scamming everyone.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
I feel at home on this forum also, but I am interested in a lot of the stuff he has posted on his forum, and he’s not going to post it here, so I’ll participate in both. I can’t see why anything should change here.
agreed, there is no reason for anyone to have to pick and choose.  I won't participate in his forum as I also was one of the folks he kicked out during his pretentious attempt at rule and order in which he disallowed any criticism of him but welcomed and posted criticism of others.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2021, 04:47:28 PM »
It was the very first computer "group" I found and joined, and I spent a lot of time on it, even though I only had dial-up for 60 minute connections at a time   >( >(

Made a lot of friends.  Brother Shoe was the first to help me, with some ANS1 tattoos, I think.
I didn't realize you were never part of John Mann's forum.  ironically greg's forum was created due to John Mann threatening to kick greg out for his behavior to which greg then did exactly the same to others with his forum resulting in this forum.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2021, 05:11:25 PM »
I didn't realize you were never part of John Mann's forum.  ironically greg's forum was created due to John Mann threatening to kick greg out for his behavior to which greg then did exactly the same to others with his forum resulting in this forum.

I didn't have a computer until long after most of you guys.  I went to card shows, and subscribed to The Wrapper, and eventually Non Sport Update.  I joined ebay around 1999 I think, and that was how I finally found Greg's forum, when I was buying Wackys to complete my childhood collection. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 05:13:51 PM by RawGoo »

Offline freetoes

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »
You were one of my first customers on eBay in 1999. I think you bought a 1991 pack. I found your address and e-mail on a yellow tab when I was cleaning out some things before moving to TN in late 2016.

I discovered John Mann's site and others not long after I got connected. Since I never saw much of the 1st Series as a kid, today Gadzooka brings back nostalgia for the late '90's, lol.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2021, 07:31:36 PM »
I didn't have a computer until long after most of you guys.  I went to card shows, and subscribed to The Wrapper, and eventually Non Sport Update.  I joined ebay around 1999 I think, and that was how I finally found Greg's forum, when I was buying Wackys to complete my childhood collection.
My beginnings in the hobby were very similar to yours Pat - in spring 1997 I sent away for a sample issue of The Wrapper through an ad somewhere, bought The Beat Goes On through an ad in NSU, started making some Wacky purchases via The Wrapper, and by the summer I attended my first major show in Parsippany NJ, which opened up a whole world of Wackys and other vintage series that never turned up at any of the small card shows I’d attended locally for the few years prior.  Spent hours on the phone with Shoe (Wrapper ads) and hung with him at a couple shows, though he remembers none of it lol.  Got my first home PC in 1998, registered on eBay in early 1999 (yep, dial-up for quite some time).  I was however oblivious of the existence of any kind of message boards until a couple years into ANS.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
The wrapper still in business?  The website seems to be up to place a subscription.  I found it horribly difficult to stay a subscriber not matter how much I tried.  I was never reminded when my subscription would end.  I have a huge stack of wrappers, I guess I should chuck them on ebay to see if someone collects them.

Offline quas

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 08:23:51 PM »
The wrapper still in business?  The website seems to be up to place a subscription.  I found it horribly difficult to stay a subscriber not matter how much I tried.  I was never reminded when my subscription would end.  I have a huge stack of wrappers, I guess I should chuck them on ebay to see if someone collects them.

The Wrapper is still very much alive and well.
Marc

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2021, 09:31:14 AM »
So what happened to Greg's forum reboot?  It looks like no one has posted anything for nearly a week now and Greg himself hasn't been active on the forum since May 5.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
So what happened to Greg's forum reboot?  It looks like no one has posted anything for nearly a week now and Greg himself hasn't been active on the forum since May 5.

I asked him a couple of weeks ago, he said he is busy with work. Or possibly the novelty wore off.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2021, 07:01:04 PM »
I asked him a couple of weeks ago, he said he is busy with work. Or possibly the novelty wore off.
It’s been pretty quiet all around for a while.  Generally new releases are the most reliable thing to stimulate chatter, but since it’s taking months for orders to arrive, the weekly/monthly sets haven’t been talked about much either, just the frustration of waiting for deliveries.  And when a member finally receives a set, he or she is reluctant to say much, not wanting to be a spoiler to those members still waiting for their orders.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2021, 06:28:02 PM »
If anyone's decision to buy, sell or trade wackys with me has been influenced negatively by greg grant, please send me a message.  Thank you
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:55:23 PM by bandaches »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 02:27:57 PM »
I heard some idiot told greg that I am gunning for him making it sound like out of the blue, I am soliciting feedback on how greg's libel of me impacts others when the fact is that I started gathering this feedback AFTER greg randomly decided to libel me on the main page of his website. 

Thank you to all who pointed that out to me as I don't visit his page much and thank you for those who continue to provide feedback to me on the fact he continues to attack me and others on his forum with no provocation(me, brad, nelson, nelson's wife, Dave Gross, Mark Newgarten to name a few....

It seems greg still can't resist telling his one sided "woe is me" stories......no wonder he created his own forum, he got kicked off two others and now he feels nobody can curtail his behavior.  Sad because he has a lot to offer but he just cant go thru life without attacking people.  Maybe some day he will complete that greg primer thread and explain why he is so driven by Jihads with so many people, he suggested something happened to him as a kid in that thread but never elaborated. 

Now that I think about it, I witnessed him verbally assault at least two collectors at two different shows and I stopped going to shows over a decade ago so who knows how many more have suffered his verbal abuse.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2022, 05:08:24 AM »
hi all

I heard that yet again greg went on a rant about me on his page.  He went on a rant about diecuts he purchased.  It seems a seller of diecuts who was asking me for advice on value had sold to greg at some point.  This seller sent me not so great scans of Ratz and Cracked and I was suspicious of the quality of the perfs.  I told her I have all these titles and would be happy to help her on value but I need better scans.  I told her she clearly has thousands of $ of stuff.  We exchanged a few emails but I never got better scans so I moved on.   Later when doing my regular purge of my inbox, found her emails and sent an email saying hey, never heard back from you and that was that.  Later on someone told me greg came into high value diecuts that he was flipping and he was posting them on his forum as a "look what I got" no different than the gold windhex mini that he is bragging about now that his friend got for pennies(pay attention to that minis thread, greg told his friend to buy them all up, nope he didn't tell the seller hey, you are sitting on a gold mine of packs with great rarities....).   So back to the diecut seller, after I heard greg was flipping high value diecuts, I asked her if she happened to sell to someone named greg(mentioned no last name) as he was bragging about diecuts he got that he was flipping(obviously he didn't pay full value as there would be no room to flip so he got them cheaply).   greg said I "messed up his deal" which is a special statemen...does that mean he had to pay closer to fair value after all?  How could I mess up his deal if I contacted her after the deal was done? It appears he got into a hassle with the seller as she sent him the lower grade stuff.  Yeah, somehow it is my fault he got into yet another tusssle with someone.  Of course this explains why she didn't follow up with me on value when I told her she had thousands, I am certain greg slandered me in some manner with her so that someone trying to tell her the truth about value would be cast aside.  Yup, another woe is me story from greg where he does no wrong but me and the seller are the criminals!  I feel bad for the folks with so little mental fortitude that they can't see thru these greg rants.  I also heard that Mikecho tried to help him out but slinging all sorts of inane comments about me and greg maliciously slapped him to the side like an annoying little kid.  More fodder for my collage!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 08:43:39 AM by bandaches »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2022, 09:08:22 AM »
Below is the EXACT dialogue I had with greg's seller before he purchased the cards. At no point did I attempt to buy them and clearly told her they were worth thousands 

Sometime in early August, I heard greg posted about similar cards and wrote the seller asking if she sold cheaply to someone named greg who was bragging about his recent purchased of similar cards.  It is a hobby, we brag about our acquisitions, it is not a crime but it hurts greggie poohs feelings to say it out loud...of course he got them cheaply which is why he claims after the fact I mess up his deal and of course nobody buys something with the intent of flipping at full value.  Again, no crime for greg making a living off wackys but greggie pooh feelings again hurt when hearing it out loud.  Of course she didn't follow up with me on value because I am certain greg slandered me in some manner to her saying I wouldn't assess fairly, I am working on getting such supporting evidence from the seller to back up my suspicion.

Band Aches <bandaches@yahoo.com>
To:
Amy Newport

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 7:43 AM

Hi

Someone named greg is bragging about a Ratz and Cracked Animals that he scored cheaply.  Did he happen to buy them from you?  Again, if you need any advice on value, I can help you out as I have most of these cards already.

Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 12:05 PM

Hi,

Havent heard back from you.  Offered to discuss over the phone so I can help you assess what you have.  Wasnt that the reason you contacted me or were you looking to sell?

To:
Amy Newport

Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 11:26 AM

did you want to discuss on the phone?  I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx

To:amynewport1234@gmail.com
,Amy Newport

Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 6:44 AM

Definitely sounds like thousands of dollars worth of cards but I can't help you without more specifics more scans.

On Monday, June 14, 2021, 11:25:39 PM EDT, Amy Newport <amynewport1234@gmail.com> wrote:

I have be every single one on the series except one of the jolly mean giant . I have duplicates of the rats and  cracked  animals

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 10:24 PM Amy Newport <amynewport1234@gmail.com> wrote:

Stlouis

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 6:00 AM Band Aches <bandaches@yahoo.com> wrote:
Tough to tell from the angle but some of these 1967 first series cards like the one your picture here could be worth over $1,000.

Prior to Jun 14, she sent me scans of Ratz and asked for assessment, I cant copy and paste that part easily here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 01:08:45 PM by bandaches »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
I don’t know anything about the details of the interactions between you or Greg and the seller, but I happen to have discussed the actual deal with him at the time, and you are wrong that he got them cheaply. The offer he made was very reasonable given the likely grades the cards would receive from PSA, the grading fees and the risk he was taking that they might grade lower than that estimate. He certainly paid more than the cards would have sold for ungraded on eBay IMHO.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2022, 02:40:29 PM »
Where is the rant on his page? I don’t see it.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
I think he took it down awhile ago.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2022, 06:33:52 PM »
I don’t know anything about the details of the interactions between you or Greg and the seller, but I happen to have discussed the actual deal with him at the time, and you are wrong that he got them cheaply. The offer he made was very reasonable given the likely grades the cards would receive from PSA, the grading fees and the risk he was taking that they might grade lower than that estimate. He certainly paid more than the cards would have sold for ungraded on eBay IMHO.
I will never understand your tenacity in trying to protect greg thru all his "woe is me" episodes but semantics on "reasonable" versus cheap versus room to make money, whatever....he didn't pay a price he didn't think he could make a profit ie the price he paid was CHEAPER than the price he planned to sell.  If want to stake your reputation that this warrants greg's off the rails psycho post about wanting to sue me for $25k, that is up to you.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
I think he took it down awhile ago.
I have screen prints of most of the thread, I will post here shortly but I am trying to figure out how to clean up the screen shots as to not give away how/who I am getting them.  We all know greg will go psycho on whomever is not a mindless support of him.  Meanwhile in one of his pyscho posts, he convinced himself I spent time trying to find his seller.....I have never seen him so off the rails before.  She was writing me all along asking me to assess the value.  I could have competed with him to buy the lot but I didn't and I had no idea he was offered the same lot until his boastful post about scoring diecuts.  His paranoia has really gotten out of control.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:40:08 PM by bandaches »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2022, 06:58:49 PM »
I’m not protecting Greg, just protecting the truth. Isn’t it possible you are reading his posts through the prism of your own bias? I just re-read his original post about the die cuts and it isn’t boastful at all. It was simply posting in excitement about a cool find.

As for how much he paid, the only reason it matters is you telling his seller that he bragged about getting them “cheaply,” which implies to her that Greg was ripping her off when he was not.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2022, 07:20:01 PM »
I’m not protecting Greg, just protecting the truth. Isn’t it possible you are reading his posts through the prism of your own bias? I just re-read his original post about the die cuts and it isn’t boastful at all. It was simply posting in excitement about a cool find.

As for how much he paid, the only reason it matters is you telling his seller that he bragged about getting them “cheaply,” which implies to her that Greg was ripping her off when he was not.
LOL, and you don't have a bias?  Hilarious!  If she didn't get maximum value, she sold them cheaply, your mincing words is comical.  Posting about a recent find of rare items is "look what I got", no law against it and no law against calling it what it is.  I noticed you haven't bothered at all to call out his psychotic statement that I must have spent a lot of time trying to find this seller.  Since you are all about accuracy, still no comment from you?  This event was almost a year ago and he brings it up now??  Your credibility as an "independent eye" on this is zero.  He is a paranoid nutcase, end of story.

anything