Author Topic: I got mentioned on Greg Grant's Wacky Packages Web Page!  (Read 5772 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: I got mentioned on Greg Grant's Wacky Packages Web Page!
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »
You'll never believe what happened to me today.

Recently, Greg had a lottery contest on his website and I was one of the two winners! My prize was a hardcover book called Jay Lynch's Wacky Packages Sketches Anthology: 2005-2009. It's a first printing and one of only 50 copies made. And no, it's not available in stores.

Jay was a great Wacky artist and will be missed.
I've seen one of those for sale recently.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
Recently, Greg had a lottery contest on his website and I was one of the two winners! My prize was a hardcover book called Jay Lynch's Wacky Packages Sketches Anthology: 2005-2009. It's a first printing and one of only 50 copies made. And no, it's not available in stores.
I didn't even enter the contest and Greg sent me one of these a few weeks ago (I opened it Christmas day, as instructed). It's pretty cool.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 08:59:45 AM »
I didn't even enter the contest and Greg sent me one of these a few weeks ago (I opened it Christmas day, as instructed). It's pretty cool.
I didn't either and isn't it, though?

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:56 PM »

I got one too!  Very nice....

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:15 PM »
It was a nicely done book of all a lot of the sketches that Jay did for people.  It was a great read (or should I say look through)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:30 AM »
Did we lose some members? I noticed Greg re-opened his forum, and it's been quieter here lately.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 06:18:35 AM »
Did we lose some members? I noticed Greg re-opened his forum, and it's been quieter here lately.

I doubt it. Everyone I am familiar with who has posted there is still a member here.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 02:04:51 PM »
I doubt it. Everyone I am familiar with who has posted there is still a member here.
Anyone who doesn't believe greg want his forum to be THE FORUM and will do everything in his power to make it that way hasn't been in the hobby very long.  I heard he has been feverishly emailing people to join his forum.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »
Anyone who doesn't believe greg want his forum to be THE FORUM and will do everything in his power to make it that way hasn't been in the hobby very long.  I heard he has been feverishly emailing people to join his forum.

Unlike in the past it just doesnít seem like a big issue to me anymore. There are wacky Facebook groups, forums....participating in multiple venues is fine. The primary selling point of Gregís forum is he posts a good bit of content that is interesting to me and appears nowhere else. So I will participate in all venues.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 02:39:20 PM »
Unlike in the past it just doesnít seem like a big issue to me anymore. There are wacky Facebook groups, forums....participating in multiple venues is fine. The primary selling point of Gregís forum is he posts a good bit of content that is interesting to me and appears nowhere else. So I will participate in all venues.

I loved Greg's forum and was an active participant.  But, somehow I became unwelcome, and so I was thrilled to join this (Brad's) forum.  I don't really care for Facebook, and there are just too many FB groups to even keep track of.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
Nothing against Greg personally, but I feel "at home" on this forum now. I wasn't aware, or a part, of the drama, back when his forum had it's glory days.
I hope nothing changes here with his attempt to rebuild his forum.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »
Nothing against Greg personally, but I feel "at home" on this forum now. I wasn't aware, or a part, of the drama, back when his forum had it's glory days.

I feel at home on this forum also, but I am interested in a lot of the stuff he has posted on his forum, and heís not going to post it here, so Iíll participate in both. I canít see why anything should change here.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:08 PM »

It was the very first computer "group" I found and joined, and I spent a lot of time on it, even though I only had dial-up for 60 minute connections at a time   >( >(

Made a lot of friends.  Brother Shoe was the first to help me, with some ANS1 tattoos, I think.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
I loved Greg's forum and was an active participant.  But, somehow I became unwelcome, and so I was thrilled to join this (Brad's) forum.  I don't really care for Facebook, and there are just too many FB groups to even keep track of.
There are several facebook groups which is idle chatter which is often redundant but it is light and fun aside from that one lunatic who was scamming everyone.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
I feel at home on this forum also, but I am interested in a lot of the stuff he has posted on his forum, and heís not going to post it here, so Iíll participate in both. I canít see why anything should change here.
agreed, there is no reason for anyone to have to pick and choose.  I won't participate in his forum as I also was one of the folks he kicked out during his pretentious attempt at rule and order in which he disallowed any criticism of him but welcomed and posted criticism of others.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2021, 04:47:28 PM »
It was the very first computer "group" I found and joined, and I spent a lot of time on it, even though I only had dial-up for 60 minute connections at a time   >( >(

Made a lot of friends.  Brother Shoe was the first to help me, with some ANS1 tattoos, I think.
I didn't realize you were never part of John Mann's forum.  ironically greg's forum was created due to John Mann threatening to kick greg out for his behavior to which greg then did exactly the same to others with his forum resulting in this forum.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2021, 05:11:25 PM »
I didn't realize you were never part of John Mann's forum.  ironically greg's forum was created due to John Mann threatening to kick greg out for his behavior to which greg then did exactly the same to others with his forum resulting in this forum.

I didn't have a computer until long after most of you guys.  I went to card shows, and subscribed to The Wrapper, and eventually Non Sport Update.  I joined ebay around 1999 I think, and that was how I finally found Greg's forum, when I was buying Wackys to complete my childhood collection. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 05:13:51 PM by RawGoo »

Offline freetoes

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »
You were one of my first customers on eBay in 1999. I think you bought a 1991 pack. I found your address and e-mail on a yellow tab when I was cleaning out some things before moving to TN in late 2016.

I discovered John Mann's site and others not long after I got connected. Since I never saw much of the 1st Series as a kid, today Gadzooka brings back nostalgia for the late '90's, lol.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2021, 07:31:36 PM »
I didn't have a computer until long after most of you guys.  I went to card shows, and subscribed to The Wrapper, and eventually Non Sport Update.  I joined ebay around 1999 I think, and that was how I finally found Greg's forum, when I was buying Wackys to complete my childhood collection.
My beginnings in the hobby were very similar to yours Pat - in spring 1997 I sent away for a sample issue of The Wrapper through an ad somewhere, bought The Beat Goes On through an ad in NSU, started making some Wacky purchases via The Wrapper, and by the summer I attended my first major show in Parsippany NJ, which opened up a whole world of Wackys and other vintage series that never turned up at any of the small card shows Iíd attended locally for the few years prior.  Spent hours on the phone with Shoe (Wrapper ads) and hung with him at a couple shows, though he remembers none of it lol.  Got my first home PC in 1998, registered on eBay in early 1999 (yep, dial-up for quite some time).  I was however oblivious of the existence of any kind of message boards until a couple years into ANS.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 08:21:04 PM »
The wrapper still in business?  The website seems to be up to place a subscription.  I found it horribly difficult to stay a subscriber not matter how much I tried.  I was never reminded when my subscription would end.  I have a huge stack of wrappers, I guess I should chuck them on ebay to see if someone collects them.

Offline quas

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2021, 08:23:51 PM »
The wrapper still in business?  The website seems to be up to place a subscription.  I found it horribly difficult to stay a subscriber not matter how much I tried.  I was never reminded when my subscription would end.  I have a huge stack of wrappers, I guess I should chuck them on ebay to see if someone collects them.

The Wrapper is still very much alive and well.
Marc

anything