Author Topic: Wacky Packages Boxes Cards Set Now Complete  (Read 4497 times)

Offline DrDeal

Wacky Packages Boxes Cards Set Now Complete
« on: September 04, 2021, 01:57:38 PM »
Looking to see what type of interest there is in this non-official release.  I collected these cards for a few years. They released 18 9 card sets and each set has a 9 card puzzle. For the 1st thru 5th release and the 17th and 18th release the puzzles are special boxes like chrome, patches, diecuts etc. Starting with the 6th series they had the puzzle be the corresponding box to that release. Beside the 9 card release and puzzles; I have obtained unstuck stickers for the wrappers of all the sets. I had been saving the wrappers themselves ; but the unstuck wrappers stickers on cards are very cool. I was also able to obtain a few silver a gold versions of the pack stickers , uncut sheets, unstuck stickers to seal the packs, a few uncut strips and two different color binders. The series covers about every box that is out there and is alot of fun to peruse. Did a I pay money for images that are out there already? Yes; But as a Wacky card collector ; this was a very cool set to collect.
Does anyone else like this release?

Regards,  Andrew

Offline mikecho

Re: Wacky Packages Boxes Cards Set Now Complete
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
Looking to see what type of interest there is in this non-official release.  I collected these cards for a few years. They released 18 9 card sets and each set has a 9 card puzzle. For the 1st thru 5th release and the 17th and 18th release the puzzles are special boxes like chrome, patches, diecuts etc. Starting with the 6th series they had the puzzle be the corresponding box to that release. Beside the 9 card release and puzzles; I have obtained unstuck stickers for the wrappers of all the sets. I had been saving the wrappers themselves ; but the unstuck wrappers stickers on cards are very cool. I was also able to obtain a few silver a gold versions of the pack stickers , uncut sheets, unstuck stickers to seal the packs, a few uncut strips and two different color binders. The series covers about every box that is out there and is alot of fun to peruse. Did a I pay money for images that are out there already? Yes; But as a Wacky card collector ; this was a very cool set to collect.

Regards,  Andrew

Yes, I'm going to start collecting this series. In fact, I just sent the payment for Series 1 last week. Due to the flooding, however, I'll have to wait a while for it.

In fact, Greg told me there's going to be an 18th series, because there's still a few boxes missing, mostly gravity feed boxes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:55:36 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 02:57:04 PM »
I have all 17 series also, just the 9 cards and puzzle for each. I also have the bonus cards and kept the wrappers too. I agree that it is a cool bunch of sets!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 03:00:47 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 03:03:44 PM »
In fact, Greg told me there's going to be an 18th series, because there's still a few boxes missing, mostly gravity feed boxes.
Yeah, I'm slowly working through my collection and providing about 16 pics to Greg of all those missing Gravity feeds and a number of boxes. That may be enough to create two more Series of these things?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 02:29:14 AM »
Yeah, I'm slowly working through my collection and providing about 16 pics to Greg of all those missing Gravity feeds and a number of boxes. That may be enough to create two more Series of these things?

Thanks for the update. Cool to know there will be a few more sets made. I will look for those.

Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 07:33:47 AM »
Thanks for the update. Cool to know there will be a few more sets made. I will look for those.

Andrew
I have no idea if any more sets will be made. Just indicating that there are still a lot of boxes that are not yet covered by the current sets.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
I have no idea if any more sets will be made. Just indicating that there are still a lot of boxes that are not yet covered by the current sets.

Mike mentioned in the first reply that an 18th release is planned.

Andrew

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »
Mike mentioned in the first reply that an 18th release is planned.
And you mentioned in your original post that you have 18 releases, so the whole thread seems to have some cloudy information in it…

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 10:26:01 AM »
From the fourth pic shown, the boxes seem mixed across sets, as opposed to in chronological order.  Is this correct?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
And you mentioned in your original post that you have 18 releases, so the whole thread seems to have some cloudy information in it…
I think I can explain this.

"18 releases" means the 17 series and the Bonus Pack. The 18th Series is coming out after the Bonus Pack.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:50:20 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 04:42:33 PM »
From the fourth pic shown, the boxes seem mixed across sets, as opposed to in chronological order.  Is this correct?
That is correct. Each box series contains boxes across different series/years/etc. For example: http://www.wackypacks.com/boxes/stickers/1st/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 04:46:48 PM by bigtomi »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 07:09:18 PM »
Never saw this set.  Does anyone know if all the photos were taken by the creator, or did they just rip them from the Wacky Packages gallery?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 08:15:50 PM »
Never saw this set.  Does anyone know if all the photos were taken by the creator, or did they just rip them from the Wacky Packages gallery?
Here's Greg's website: www.wackypacks.com/wackypacks.php

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »
Here's Greg's website: www.wackypacks.com/wackypacks.php

Can't remember if the ones on Greg's site were from the Gallery or new ones from his collection.  I should be able to recognize the Gallery ones as I did much of the photography for the Gallery, but it was a long time ago.  Unfortunately the lighting at Jeff's place wasn't great, and we were in a mad rush to finish them as we were missing out on the festivities upstairs.  So, they weren't the quality as I'd have liked to do.  But it would be interesting to know if my shots made it into the sticker set anyway.  I'd always wanted to get one of my roughs to see the light of day in a finished Wacky, but only got as far as a few elements of "Tantrum" making it through to the final.  So, if the box set were pulled from the Gallery, I suppose that's something.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 09:12:41 AM »
I talked to Greg once and he told me the upcoming 18th Series was the last one of this run, although I could be wrong, now that there's a new box for the All New Monthly Series 2022. It's not ready yet, so maybe Greg has time to add this box in.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:38:46 PM by mikecho »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »
Can't remember if the ones on Greg's site were from the Gallery or new ones from his collection.  I should be able to recognize the Gallery ones as I did much of the photography for the Gallery, but it was a long time ago.  Unfortunately the lighting at Jeff's place wasn't great, and we were in a mad rush to finish them as we were missing out on the festivities upstairs.  So, they weren't the quality as I'd have liked to do.  But it would be interesting to know if my shots made it into the sticker set anyway.  I'd always wanted to get one of my roughs to see the light of day in a finished Wacky, but only got as far as a few elements of "Tantrum" making it through to the final.  So, if the box set were pulled from the Gallery, I suppose that's something.

They are not from the Gallery.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 01:02:07 AM »
Is this Paul A.?  I just noticed that the Wacky Packages Gallery is on Kindle now.  That's cool.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 04:49:32 PM »
Well, after all this time, I now have the entire Wacky Packages Boxes run...the 1st to 18th Series, the Bonus Pack, the pack label stickers for all 19 of the series and two puzzles for the Bonus Pack, the first one when it was going to be nine stickers and the second one when it was finalized at 11 stickers. And I couldn't have done it without Greg's help. For that I owe him a debt I can never repay.

I chose this run because it looked interesting and because I think it's the least offensive (at least on this forum) of all the fan-made sets that are offered on his forum (you guys and gals know what I'm talking about, namely Lost Wackys 3rd Series, 4th Series and 2020 Series, and Wacky Pack Variations, all four of which always seem to start arguments, from what I've noticed here).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:27:10 AM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2022, 05:32:12 PM »
Well, after all this time, I now have the entire Wacky Packages Boxes run...the 1st to 18th Series, the Bonus Pack, and two puzzles for said Bonus Pack, the first one when it was going to be nine stickers and the second one when it was finalized at 11 stickers. And I couldn't have done it without Greg's help.

I chose this run because it looked interesting and because I think it's the least offensive (at least on this forum) of all the fan-made sets that are offered on his forum (you guys and gals know what I'm talking about, namely Lost Wackys 3rd Series, 4th Series and 2020 Series, and Wacky Pack Variations, all four of which always seem to start arguments, from what I've noticed here).

I am with you. I have this complete run in a yellow and an orange binder made for them. Cool set to own.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 08:31:56 PM »
Looking to see what type of interest there is in this non-official release.  I collected these cards for a few years. They released 18 9 card sets and each set has a 9 card puzzle. For the 1st thru 5th release and the 17th and 18th release the puzzles are special boxes like chrome, patches, die-cuts etc. Starting with the 6th series they had the puzzle be the corresponding box to that release. Beside the 9 card release and puzzles; I have obtained unstuck stickers for the wrappers of all the sets. I had been saving the wrappers themselves; but the unstuck wrappers stickers on cards are very cool. I was also able to obtain a few silver and gold versions of the pack stickers, uncut sheets, unstuck stickers to seal the packs, a few uncut strips and two different color binders. The series covers about every box that is out there and is alot of fun to peruse. Did I pay money for images that are out there already? Yes. But as a Wacky card collector; this was a very cool set to collect.

Regards,  Andrew

Actually, Andrew, only the 1st Series to the 16th Series had nine stickers each. The 17th Series had 12 stickers, the Bonus Pack had 11 (it was originally going to have nine, but then two more were added to it (presumably at the last minute, but I'm not too sure about that)), and the 18th Series also had 11.

Did you know, however, that the original nine-sticker checklist/puzzle for the Bonus Pack still exists? That'd be a nice extra to get for your collection. I got mine from Greg, maybe he can help you get one, too.

I didn't even know there were two 3-ring binders for this run (mainly because a page for it on Greg's website hasn't been created yet). Do you have pictures of them you can show me, and are there any more beyond two? I figure there would have to be in order to accommodate all 19 series.

Maybe I can talk to Greg and ask if he can let me have these as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:24:50 PM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 12:17:23 PM »
I do have all the cards you referenced. Thanks for correcting me.  I also have the 9 card puzzle for the bonus set. I have two binders. They both are for Series 1 - 4.
One has an orange spine and the other has a yellow spine.

Regards,  Andrew

Offline mikecho

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 06:33:20 PM »
I do have all the cards you referenced. Thanks for correcting me.  I also have the 9 card puzzle for the bonus set. I have two binders. They both are for Series 1 - 4.
One has an orange spine and the other has a yellow spine.

Regards,  Andrew
Here's something that I've got in my collection, Andrew, and I was wondering if you had it.

In the 16th Series, one of the stickers that I've got in it is titled "ANS3 Retail Tall Box with Gum 2015/6". Do you have the same typo, too?

UPDATE: I talked to Greg about the typo previously and I just heard back from him. He was as amazed to find out about it as I was. He told me the series hasn't been reprinted (I'm presuming that means not just this one, but the entire run as well), but probably will be at some point. He also thanked me for bringing it to his attention and told me of a second typo that he knew about (which, I think, was probably brought to his attention earlier than this). It's in the 4th Series; on the Irish Series box sticker in the copyright, it says "...Bonus Sticker 4". Better check and see if you've got that one, too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 06:52:54 PM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2022, 03:26:14 AM »
Here's something that I've got in my collection, Andrew, and I was wondering if you had it.

In the 16th Series, one of the stickers that I've got in it is titled "ANS3 Retail Tall Box with Gum 2015/6". Do you have the same typo, too?

UPDATE: I talked to Greg about the typo previously and I just heard back from him. He was as amazed to find out about it as I was. He told me the series hasn't been reprinted (I'm presuming that means not just this one, but the entire run as well), but probably will be at some point. He also thanked me for bringing it to his attention and told me of a second typo that he knew about (which, I think, was probably brought to his attention earlier than this). It's in the 4th Series; on the Irish Series box sticker in the copyright, it says "...Bonus Sticker 4". Better check and see if you've got that one, too.

I checked and have both of the errors.  Cool intel. Thanks.

Andrew

Offline mikecho

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2022, 12:30:11 PM »
I checked and have both of the errors.  Cool intel. Thanks.

Andrew
Oh, you're more than welcome, believe me.

anything