Author Topic: Heritage Die Cut box up for auction  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Heritage Die Cut box up for auction
« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:56:23 AM »
https://sportsengine-30345f6a7201.intercom-attachments-1.com/i/o/1032257199/df90d605fd57bf2256f85f56/Screenshot+2024-04-25+at+8_42_38%E2%80%AFAM.png

this is in the same auction.  Box clearly has some damage.  Why on earth is this common box over $300 already?  Why does Steve Hart wrapping a box have any value?  I find wrapped boxes to be a nuisance as who on earth wants a full box that you can't admire the packs?
guessing you're referring to the Reprint 1 box on HA and not the softball schedule.

yeah, crushed corner, contents hidden.  I think some people just like placing bids and being 'highest'
Is $1200 really the estimate on this? I haven't looked at prices in years, but that seems very inflated

Offline drono

« Reply #36 on: Today at 08:35:37 AM »
Why does Steve Hart wrapping a box have any value?  I find wrapped boxes to be a nuisance as who on earth wants a full box that you can't admire the packs?

I have to fully agree with you there - just to savor the smell of the bubble gum in the unwrapped packs is a bonus.  However, if you're worried about resale value and authenticity, then unwrapping would destroy both of those.

Is $1200 really the estimate on this? I haven't looked at prices in years, but that seems very inflated

It doesn't seem that it was that long ago that you could buy 36 unopened packs from 1979 for about $100 and a box for $25 or so.  Doesn't the estimated value get figured into the price for wrapping?  If that's the case, then of course it benefits the wrapper to claim it's worth more.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Today at 09:11:23 AM »
Your link goes to a sports schedule, at least for me.  What is the box?

anything