Author Topic: Lost 1992 Series Wackys that have been released and those that haven't been-yet  (Read 11154 times)

Online mikecho

Here are the lost 1992 series Wackys that have been released, their real names and what series they've been released in (the order for all lists is alphabetical):

ANS1:
*BM Choperation Kill Game (Milton Bradley Operation Skill Game) 
*Cheapo-Man Lice Cakes (Chico-San Rice Cakes)
*Chimp Stick Lip Glob - Baboon Flavored (Chap Stick Lip Balm - Cherry Flavored)
*Demento Lame Boy (Nintendo Game Boy Video Game Cartridge)
*Fright Castle Ghoul Burgers (originally Wide Casket Greaseburgers and, after that, Fright Castle Greaseburgers; the second one was released, but was changed by Topps in order to appease White Castle) (White Castle Hamburgers) 
*Gormel Scary Kitchen Scorned Beef Hash (Hormel Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash)
*Gravestones Unchewable Vitamins (Flintstones Chewable Vitamins)
*Idiot's Clodlike (Isaly's Klondike Ice Cream Bar)
*McPain Smellio's Pizza (McCain Ellio's Frozen Pizza)   
*Mr. Coffin Casket Liners (Mr. Coffee Coffee Filters)
*Penalty Flag Coach Motel (Black Flag Roach Motel)
*Sludgsicle Sludge Bars (Fudgsicle Fudge Bars)       
*Stuff It Mean Cuisine Crazed Chicken (Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken Frozen Dinner)             
*Welt's Grape Jelly (in a Tomb and Buried jar) (Welch's Grape Jelly (in a Tom and Jerry jar))       

Flashback 2:   
*Beaver (Weaver Drumsticks and Thighs Frozen Dinner)     
*Cranked Out! Magazine (Cracked)
*Curina Unlucky Dog (Purina Lucky Dog Dry Dog Food) 
*Fungicolor (Fujicolor Film) 
*Gooya (Goya Black Eye Peas)
*ImmuNintendo Tetanus (Nintendo Tetris Video Game Cartridge)
*Jarmold Brain'nola Pig's Brain (Arnold Bran'ola 12-Grain Bread)   
*The Scare Bears: Reign of Terror (The Care Bears: Rainy Day Activities VHS Tape)
*Spazbro My Spittle Pony - Hocker (Hasbro My Little Pony Toy Figure - Heart Throb)     

Wacky Packages coffee table book (first and fourth of five printings):   
*Sea Honkies (Sea Monkeys)   
*Skullshine Granny Hairs (Sunshine Grahamy Bears Graham Crackers)

Wacky Packages New New New coffee table book (first (and only) printing):   
*Fuzzy Globs Ice Cream (Frusen Gladje Ice Cream)   
*Gold in our Bank Ghoul Talk (Golden Books Girl Talk Board Game)   
*No Mendo Powerless Glove (Nintendo Power Glove)   
*Snookered Bottle O' Scotch Flavored Topping (Smucker's Butterscotch Flavored Topping)

ANS10
*Medskool Growgerm (Playskool Glowworm Doll)   
*Reejeck Mumps (Reebok Pumps Sneakers) 
*Shebad (Sheba Cat Food)

ANS11:   
*Gristlers (Twizzlers Licorice Twists - Red)   
*Splat the Bunny (Pat the Bunny)   
*Toeplait Toe Jam Style Yogurt (Yoplait Custard Style Yogurt)

2014 S1:   
*Barfey Classics Richie Retch Big Chunks  (Harvey Classics Richie Rich Big Bucks)

Wacky Packages Go to the Movies (2018 series):   
*Harassame Street Magazine (Sesame Street Magazine)   
*No Hair on Elm Street (A Nightmare on Elm Street VHS Tape)

Now, here are the ones from the same series that haven't been released - yet - and their real names (these are just the ones that I know about, btw):

*Bald Dizzy's Bimbo (Walt Disney's Dumbo VHS Tape)
*Barfie (Mattel Barbie Doll)
*Bilkin' Madley Twisted (Milton Bradley Twister Game)   
*BOB Magazine (BOP)   
*Boosh Ball (Koosh Ball)   
*Boy's Lice Magazine (Boy's Life)     
*CarpiSun (CapriSun Juice Drink)     
*CHIN Magazine (SPIN Magazine)   
*Conun the Librarian (Conan the Barbarian VHS Tape)   
*De'Ja Vu Master Sickey Mouse Viewer (Tyco View Master 3-D Mickey Look Viewer Gift Set)
*Dizzy's BuckTales in Residuals Aplenty! (Disney's DuckTales - Seafaring Sailors VHS Tape)     
*Famine Circle Magazine (Family Circle)     
*Fartles & Lames (Bartles & Jaymes Premium Wine Cooler)   
*Frank Snotra's Luger da Revolta Booger Style Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Sugo da Tavola Milano Style Marinara Sauce)   
*FrozFoot (FrozFruit Frozen Fruit Bar)
*Gorefun Rookie Crisp - Charred Chips (Ralston Cookie Crisp Cereal - Chocolate Chip) 
*Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)
*Hell Enterprises Chia Punk Handmade Decorative Punker! (Joseph Enterprises Chia Pet Handmade Decorative Planter) 
*Jo-Jo My Walking Pop (Hasbro Go-Go My Walking Pup Toy)
*Lead Free Exximo Pie (Sugar Freedom Eskimo Pie Ice Cream Bars)     
*Little Drippie Snot Cakes (Little Debbie Snack Cakes)   
*Louse & Garbage (LG) Magazine (House & Garden (HG))
*Malt Tipsy's The Little Barmaid (Walt Disney's The Little Mermaid VHS Tape)
*MLG (Major League Gas) Farting Lineup Super Stars of Breaking Wind Collectible (Kenner MLB (Major League Baseball) Starting Lineup Sports Super Star Collectibles)
*Nintendoil Slippery Murry-O Bros. 3 (Nintendo Super Mario Bros. 3 Video Game Cartridge)     
*Numbskull Mr. Potato Famine (Playskool Mr. Potato Head Toy)   
*Orangenie (Orangina Orange Drink)   
*Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)   
*Polly-O-No! String-Up Cheese (Polly-O! String Cheese)   
*SAD Magazine (MAD Magazine)   
*Scar Magazine (Star)   
*Schlemiel Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Game)     
*Snafu (Snapple Juice Drink - Grape)   
*Soldier of Misfortune Magazine (Soldier of Fortune)   
*Spleen Beat Magazine (Teen Beat)   
*Sweat Valley High #666: Playing for Creeps (Sweet Valley High #49: Playing for Keeps)
*Tippsy Lush Pop (Topps Push Pop; most likely this was the Topps product for the series and it probably would've been the puzzle for it as well) 
*Tushie Roll (Tootsie Roll Midgees)   
*TV Died Magazine (TV Guide)

Any thoughts on this list?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 05:06:48 PM by mikecho »

Offline MoldRush

Wow, how did you compile this list, especially the unpublished ones?  Once upon a time the Lost Wackys site was the definitive repository for all this information, but it hasn't been updated in years, and your list looks more extensive.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Fred Wheaton's page is a significant source of extensive information on the '92s

http://www.hipsteria.com/wacky/wacky_92.asp

Online mikecho

Wow, how did you compile this list, especially the unpublished ones?  Once upon a time the Lost Wackys site was the definitive repository for all this information, but it hasn't been updated in years, and your list looks more extensive.
Actually, lostwackys.com was where I got most of the info on the series from - that and the Master Spreadsheet, the second of which shows how many were released, while on the first one, I simply ignored the ones that I knew about from the second one and took what was left. Fred Wheaton's page on hipsteria.com called Wacky Packages: The Lost 1992 Series was also a main source of information, as well. The only exception was CHIN Magazine, which was shown as a rough (one of a few) on an article about Drew Friedman that I found on the web. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it since then and I have no idea where it is or what happened to it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:01:09 AM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

I found a link to the article - look up "Drew Friedman" at Artists and Illustrators on this forum. After I found it, I also found these potential and possible lost 1992 series Wackys, in addition to CHIN Magazine:   

*Frank Snotra's Luger da Revolta Booger Style Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Sugo da Tavola Milano Style Marinara Sauce)   

*Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)   

*Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)   

*Schlemiel Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Game).

Oh, what the hey, I'll just put them up there anyway.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:09:23 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

I just remembered that Barfie has been kinda-sorta released - in ANS3. It was Bonus Sticker B2, but Topps changed the design to a modern product and it became Barfie MyScream (Barbie MyScene). The original lost 1992 Series version still hasn't been released, however.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:57:38 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

I found a link to the article-look up "Drew Friedman" at Artists and Illustrators on this forum. After I found it, I also found these potential and possible lost 1992 series Wackys:   Frank Snotra's Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Marinara Sauce)   Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)   Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)   Shmeal Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots). Oh, what the hey, I'll just put them up there anyway.
The web address for the article on Drew Friedman's 1990s Wackys, if anyone wants to look at it, is http://drewfriedman.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-1991-wacky-packs-drawings.html.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:11:46 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

Just added Harassame Street Magazine to the list of published ones! It may be only one out of 40 total, but it's better than nothing. Actually, anything's better than nothing these days tor sure.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:57:37 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

Wow! I just found out about one that even I didn't know existed - No Hair on Elm Street (A Nightmare on Elm Street). You learn something new every day, I guess. Well, I've added it in, so that leaves 39 to go.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:58:52 PM by mikecho »

Offline vahsurfer

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:04:57 AM by RawGoo »

Online mikecho

It's already been officially released in the Wacky Packages Go to the Movies series (see my first post above).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:05:19 AM by RawGoo »

Online mikecho

Can anyone help me finish the real name of the Frank Snotra's Wacky? It's written on the rough art as "Lunger di Ravolta Booger Style Marinara Sauce" (see Drew Friedman's article above at my 1-21 post to view the article and the art). I think it's (something) di Ravioli (something) Style. Does anyone know anything about the product being parodied here to help me fill in the blanks? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:16:44 PM by mikecho »

Offline CaseyRob

Sugo da Tavola

Online mikecho

Sugo da Tavola

Thanks! Only one question: is there a real name for the Booger Style Marinara Sauce part of the Wacky to go with this?   

UPDATE: Never mind, I think that I found it. The only one that I could find on an actual bottle is Milano Style Marinara Sauce, so I'll go with that one for now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 06:06:06 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

Hey vahsurfer, what did you say on your post on 3-20-18? It seems to be missing.

Offline vahsurfer

Must have had beer in me..... I do not remember - CRS!

Online mikecho

Must have had beer in me..... I do not remember - CRS!
Okay, just thought I'd ask.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
it's just one of those postimage links that need the 'org' changed to 'cc' to get it to work again

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
it's just one of those postimage links that need the 'org' changed to 'cc' to get it to work again

I fixed the post.

Online mikecho

Online mikecho

I've just got a great idea for an OLDS 1990s series: use 35 of the 39 unpublished stickers that are listed on here (the four Disney products, however, might give Topps trouble (from what I've heard about Disney)), finish up any of them that need to be finished up and voila, instant 1992 series released at last after all these years! (it was originally supposed to be 55 (again, from what I've heard) but there's not enough here to do that this time)

Oh, Dave, are you out there and are you reading this? This is gold!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:52:04 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

I just found out that Go-Go My Walking Pup had a spin-off toy that was around at about the same time it came out: Yo-Yo My Walking Kitty! The first toy was a Maltese and the second one was a Persian.

I wonder what the Wacky of Yo-Yo would've been called if it had been made? Any ideas, anyone?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:47:57 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

Got a question: what's the Wacky names for the companies on Barfie (i.e., the one for Mattel) and Jo-Jo My Walking Pop (i.e., the one for Hasbro)? I've looked at the pictures available for both of them and can't read either of them. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:00:49 PM by mikecho »

Offline WheeljackDude

One of the unpublished 1992 titles, FrozFoot, was actually a spoof of FrozFruit.

Online mikecho

One of the unpublished 1992 titles, FrozFoot, was actually a spoof of FrozFruit.
(Image removed from quote.)
Thanks, fixed. That's a big help! Btw, what exactly was Frozfruit - ice cream, or maybe sherbert?

Btw, it was the "Lost Wackys" section on lostwackys.com that said it was FrozToes, which was an ice cream bar. Someone should tell Rusty this so he can fix it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:01:49 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

Btw, it was the "Lost Wackys" section on lostwackys.com that said it was FrozToes. Someone should tell Duane this.
Duane. Won't. Care. He never maintained lostwackys.com, that's Rusty...for the umpteenth time.

Online mikecho

Duane. Won't. Care. He never maintained lostwackys.com, that's Rusty...for the umpteenth time.
My bad; fixed. I don't know why I've had him on my mind lately.

Btw, how's Rusty doing? Last I heard, he was ailing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:41:54 PM by mikecho »

Offline WheeljackDude

Thanks! That's a big help! Btw, what exactly was Frozfruit - ice cream, or maybe sherbert?

Btw, it was the "Lost Wackys" section on lostwackys.com that said it was FrozToes. Someone should tell Rusty this so he can fix it.

FrozFruit is a frozen fruit bar made with real fruit.

Online mikecho

Thanks again; fixed again.

Offline quas

The banana ones are delicious.  When I was running 5K's while living on Long Island many years ago, these used to be a giveaway to runners after some races (that was largely stopped, apparently due to cost considerations). After one race on a very hot day in July, I somehow managed to down 7 Frozfruit bars, of different flavors.  Don't quite know how I managed to do that....
Marc

Offline MoldRush

Just my two cents, but I think folks have been agonizing for way too long about the few remaining ‘lost wackys’ bread crumbs that may still be out there.  It’s probably safe to say that every title produced to high standards has been found, reprinted and available, and most of the rest are just a little...off, IMO.  Even some of the lesser ones have also been reprinted, mainly in Flashbacks.  Some never got to the final painting stage, for whatever reason.  Deal with it!  These endless quests, I just don’t understand the relentless thought and energy that goes into it.  And there’s zero nostalgia factor!  Sometimes these things never see the light of day for valid reasons.  It’s like when a singer / songwriter passes away, someone always comes along looking to cash in on ‘lost’/unreleased recordings.  I understand that was the case with Prince.  The artist may have simply believed the material was crap and refused to embarrass him or herself.  The fan may feel otherwise but it’s not the fan’s call.  Why the artist doesn’t destroy the master recordings I don’t know, but this problem would seem avoidable if that was done.

I guess people just love a good mystery, myself included, but for me this ain’t one of them.

Offline Plastered Peanut

The artist may have simply believed the material was crap and refused to embarrass him or herself.  The fan may feel otherwise but it’s not the fan’s call.   

Barfie...Boosh Ball...Sickey Mouse...Fartles & Lames...Frank Snotra's Luger Booger Style...Snot Cakes...Major League Gas Farting Lineup...

It's a good thing these never saw the light of day.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online mikecho

Can someone please fix the article title on Reply #3? i deleted the "yet" by mistake and now it won't move forward to let me put it back.

Thanks!

Offline drono

Can someone please fix the article title on Reply #3? i deleted the "yet" by mistake and now it won't move forward to let me put it back.

Thanks!

Does anyone who doesn't have OCD really read the title on every message to even notice?  Does anybody really care?  If so I can't imagine why (no, no), we've all got time enough to cry do something else.

Offline bigtomi

Does anybody really care?  If so I can't imagine why (no, no), we've all got time enough to cry do something else.
lol. Does anybody really know what time it is in Parsippany?

anything