Author Topic: WP Forum PSA Thread  (Read 123505 times)

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: WP Forum PSA Thread
« Reply #700 on: August 23, 2022, 10:22:58 PM »
   I mean, look what happened in coins, too.  They all get graded by the main organization of trust... which eventually can't be trusted anymore, so the coins aren't worth as much unless they now have a green CAC sticker on them too.   

First I ever heard of a "CAC" sticker.   Wow, greed in America just keeps topping itself!   "The old way of grading is useless!   Now you must have this NEW, improved grading!", said the company that invented both types of grading, but under different names of course. 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #701 on: August 24, 2022, 03:52:53 PM »
First I ever heard of a "CAC" sticker.   Wow, greed in America just keeps topping itself!   "The old way of grading is useless!   Now you must have this NEW, improved grading!", said the company that invented both types of grading, but under different names of course.
Exactly, new and improved Ajax, new and improved Covid shot, gotta get existing customers to come back for more when new customers won't bite so time to make the old versions obsolete in some manner.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #702 on: August 24, 2022, 11:55:25 PM »
Exactly, new and improved Ajax, new and improved Covid shot, gotta get existing customers to come back for more when new customers won't bite so time to make the old versions obsolete in some manner.
Zactly :^)

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #703 on: August 29, 2022, 03:33:39 PM »
Has there been any Wacky parodies of the pharma companies yet?  Or have they decided not to even go there for fear of being cancelled?

Online mikecho

« Reply #704 on: August 29, 2022, 04:58:30 PM »
Has there been any Wacky parodies of the pharma companies yet?  Or have they decided not to even go there for fear of being cancelled?
Actually, early in the ANS run, Advil, Aleve, Robutussin and Metamucil were parodied (as Anvil, Alive, Robotussin and Metalmucil, respectively). After that, as far as I know, nothing until the 2020 All New Weekly Series (Sudafed=Buddafed) and the 2022 All New Monthly Series (Benadril=Benadrool, Robutussin (again)=Rabbitussin and Excedrin=Excedrain). That's all I can remember for now, medicine-wise.

Does anyone else remember anything else from the modern run I may have missed?

UPATE: I found three more from the 2022 All New Monthly Series (Advil (again)=Vladvil, Dimetapp=Dimezapp and Maalox=Moolox
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 11:25:51 AM by mikecho »

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2022, 12:23:55 PM »
Related to PSA….i see a seller has almost the entire 8th series for sale on e-bay. Most are slabbed at PSA grade 8. Can someone enlighten me as to why certain titles, like Yicks and Kleenex, are listed at $40-45, while other titles like Kentucky Fried Fingers are listed at $80 in the exact same grade? I dont think they are rare or short print titles…does seller think certain titles are more desirable or maybe rarer in high grade?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2022, 01:10:06 PM »
Related to PSA….i see a seller has almost the entire 8th series for sale on e-bay. Most are slabbed at PSA grade 8. Can someone enlighten me as to why certain titles, like Yicks and Kleenex, are listed at $40-45, while other titles like Kentucky Fried Fingers are listed at $80 in the exact same grade? I dont think they are rare or short print titles…does seller think certain titles are more desirable or maybe rarer in high grade?

Such differences reflect the individual card populations in high grade and/or the popularity of the title.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #707 on: August 30, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »
Ill agree with the mob…Kentucky Fried Fingers is one cool card…

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
If I remember right, Kentucky was also one of the slightly-shorter print titles, too.  I think all the series had a few that were printed at a 4/5 ratio or something... right?  Kentucky, Paid, Cheep, Hexlax, and Smoochers I remember being much harder than the rest.  But I can't remember the list now.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2022, 05:34:33 PM »
Actually, early in the ANS run, Advil, Aleve, Robutussin and Metamucil were parodied (as Anvil, Alive, Robotussin and Metalmucil, respectively). After that, as far as I know, nothing until the 2020 All New Weekly Series (Sudafed=Buddafed) and the 2022 All New Monthly Series (Benadril=Benadrool, Robutussin (again)=Rabbitussin and Excedrin=Excedrain). That's all I can remember for now, medicine-wise.

Does anyone else remember anything else from the modern run I may have missed?

Well, I meant the more politically-charged companies involved in current events.  But I'm guessing not.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #710 on: August 31, 2022, 12:55:42 PM »
Yes, i have now read somewhere that Kentucky Fried Fingers (and a few other titles) appeared on the sheets only 80 percent as often as most titles. (4 of them per sheet compared to 5 per sheet of other titles.) seems odd that 20 percent less common equals twice the price. Seems Paul Maul is right, maybe its more popular and/or harder to find in high grade. Its also possible that minimally less common equates to maximum price gouging opportunity…
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:24:51 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #711 on: August 31, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »
Kentucky Fried Fingers costs more in high grade almost certainly because it is difficult to find centered.

Online mikecho

« Reply #712 on: August 31, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »
Well, I meant the more politically-charged companies involved in current events.  But I'm guessing not.
Which companies are you referring to specifically?

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #713 on: September 01, 2022, 10:10:49 PM »
Which companies are you referring to specifically?

dude, you been under a rock?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #714 on: April 02, 2023, 05:35:54 AM »

Another psa gem...brown stains in the front borders...no problem!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #715 on: April 02, 2023, 10:52:47 PM »

Another psa gem...brown stains in the front borders...no problem!
BLECCH is right!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #716 on: April 03, 2023, 05:47:47 AM »
to be fair, this is a older PSA card.  The stains could have happened in the case due to impurities.  (we will never know). This would not pass though PSA now in that condition.  Also the biggest glaring mistake I can see with this picture is someone is trying to get 20 dollars for the card. I think he is 15 dollars too high. (that would include the shipping).  8)

Offline quas

« Reply #718 on: May 18, 2023, 10:18:28 AM »
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #719 on: May 18, 2023, 10:36:20 AM »
How is this a PSA 9?????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385616418143

Yeah, it’s a joke. Ridiculous that it has the same grade as this…

anything