Author Topic: WP Forum PSA Thread  (Read 123418 times)

Offline jleonard1967

Re: WP Forum PSA Thread
« Reply #665 on: July 25, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »
I am

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #666 on: July 25, 2022, 11:41:44 AM »
     I will be sending in some, but nothing like I had. sending in one or two hundred and getting low grades one time and resending them in and receiving appropriate grades it's like paying twice as much when the right grade should be every time, not hit and miss. I am close to calling it quits with PSA and grading period.

Matt.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2022, 09:54:55 AM »
What sets are you sending in, Joe?

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2022, 02:46:56 PM »
What sets are you sending in, Joe?
I sent in more Shedd's (I do Love my Shedd's) I sent in 1st series, 2nd series, 4th series 5th series, 1966 batman and 1966 superman also some Star Wars.  I also sent in a few tri-folds
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:57:48 PM by jleonard1967 »

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #669 on: August 04, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »
I sent in more Shedd's (I do Love my Shedd's) I sent in 1st series, 2nd series, 4th series 5th series, 1966 batman and 1966 superman also some Star Wars.  I also sent in a few trips folds

Hey Joe, do you now if PSA is aware that these stickers are tri-folds and not bent stickers?  Tat would suck to send the in and get a 2 or 3 because they have two large 'creases.'  They are pretty clueless but hopefully not that much
Still looking for Series 17

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #670 on: August 04, 2022, 01:58:42 PM »
Here's a funny thing:

I received two separate emails from two different individuals at PSA as replies to my emails to them. Here they are, quoted. See if you can spot what's wrong here.

---------------------------------------------
"Hello Mark, thank you for your patience,

Unfortunately we are not able to unblock your PSA account due to the issue that was experienced with our set registry team, out team does take those situations very seriously.
Your PSA account will remain blocked.

Thank you,"
"Hello Mark, thank you for reaching out to PSA!

Unfortunately we are not able to unblock your PSA account due to the issue that was experienced with our set registry team, out team does take those situations very seriously.

Thank you,"

Nice copy and pasted message, PSA! Not only is it copied and pasted, but there is a typo that never got fixed!

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #671 on: August 04, 2022, 02:29:25 PM »
     I sent in a request for them to change a sticker in my Monster Initial sets and they ignored my point and simply said twice that that item was already listed, but it was not. I'm done with PSA

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #672 on: August 04, 2022, 02:54:06 PM »
Hey Joe, do you now if PSA is aware that these stickers are tri-folds and not bent stickers?  Tat would suck to send the in and get a 2 or 3 because they have two large 'creases.'  They are pretty clueless but hopefully not that much
when I send them in, they are identified as tri-folds.  They come back as try-folds, it is just tri-folds do not get high grades because of that. (I have found)

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #673 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:11 PM »
Here's a funny thing:

I received two separate emails from two different individuals at PSA as replies to my emails to them. Here they are, quoted. See if you can spot what's wrong here.

"Hello Mark, thank you for your patience,

Thank you,"
"Hello Mark, thank you for reaching out to PSA!

Thank you,"

Nice copy and pasted message, PSA! Not only is it copied and pasted, but there is a typo that never got fixed!
Mark,
What you say to them to piss them off so much?  You might as well open an other account under a fake name.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #674 on: August 04, 2022, 04:00:27 PM »
Mark,
What you say to them to piss them off so much?  You might as well open an other account under a fake name.

I called them incompetent retards about five years ago. I think I can probably start new accounts all I want but once they see my name the account is done for.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #675 on: August 04, 2022, 05:36:04 PM »
     Lol, some people are hurt by the truth I guess.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #676 on: August 04, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »
I called them incompetent retards about five years ago. I think I can probably start new accounts all I want but once they see my name the account is done for.
Doesn't that double negative equate to complementing them?  NOT, pun intended.....  ;)
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #677 on: August 05, 2022, 01:27:56 AM »
Doesn't that double negative equate to complementing them?  NOT, pun intended.....  ;)

I致e never thought about it like that!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #678 on: August 06, 2022, 06:19:48 AM »
I致e never thought about it like that!
Tell the knuckleheads they're too dumb to know you complimented them.
 Then at least the ban will be warranted  ;)
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2022, 03:15:24 PM »
I think  you should email them back and give them a PSA2 "Poor" grade on their common, borderless, respond-back email with a "out" variation printing error.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #680 on: August 08, 2022, 07:54:53 PM »
Well, no, it shows that PSA can make mistakes.

All these people confessing that PSA is worthless.   Not one responded to this defense of PSA.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #681 on: August 08, 2022, 09:40:39 PM »
All these people confessing that PSA is worthless.   Not one responded to this defense of PSA.

Not sure what your point is.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #682 on: August 12, 2022, 10:36:05 PM »
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2022, 06:17:33 AM »
:-\

Thanks for clarifying! Do let me know if you have anything substantive to add.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #684 on: August 15, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »
Isn't PSA grading basically similar to the manufactured value of NFTs in a way?  I'm not against crypto as a technology, but NFT artwork has always made me scratch my head ever since CryptoKitties, as everyone KNOWS that it's a reproduceable digital file (not a one-of-a-kind oil painting), but purely by the nature of the blockchain promising that you will be the sole owner of that digital file that everyone else can take a screenshot of... it has insane value.  Seems like the same with PSA.  I've seen stickers that would probably grade PSA9 or 10 in stacks of Wackys go for a buck or two, and yet once it's officially slabbed, people pay hundreds for 5th series swill just to try for a 1-16 run of PSA 9/10 or something.  But the artwork is exactly the same as a thousand other EX+/NM stickers sitting in collections being appreciated for the nostalgia and comedy no differently.  I understand someone paying a lot for a 1950's MileHigh comic book in perfect mint condition as so few copies of early comic books ever survived in unread condition.  But is a PSA10 Fatina really hundreds of dollars better than a loose NM one?  I just never bought into the idea of "grade everything!"  Honus Wagner, sure.  Ratz & Cracked, sure.  Bandache, maybe.  But spending a fortune grading commons?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #685 on: August 15, 2022, 12:02:23 PM »
Some of us like the security of high grade cards being shrouded in plastic. It also (should) give a better inclination as to the grade of the card when you buy it. I don't think it is too difficult to comprehend.

And watch it with that 5th Series slander!!!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #686 on: August 15, 2022, 05:46:47 PM »
What genius decided to submit this baby? 🤔

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #687 on: August 15, 2022, 08:10:40 PM »

Maybe they were hoping for confirmation that it is RARE!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #688 on: August 15, 2022, 08:49:44 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Why does it say reissue?  That reference is a colle tor coined term only.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #689 on: August 16, 2022, 02:03:40 AM »
Probably cost $25 to grade a card that's not worth 25「.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #690 on: August 18, 2022, 03:23:10 PM »
Mark,

So Joe, they will not even let me delete my account. This is the response I got to my request for my account to be deleted.

"Hello and thank you for reaching out to PSA!

It does look like your PSA account is already blocked and will remain blocked.

Thank you,
Carmen
PSA Customer Service"

Wowzer Bowser. You would think that they would oblige in this case, but they must be keeping my account up in spite of me.

Offline drono

« Reply #691 on: August 18, 2022, 07:29:02 PM »
Wowzer Bowser. You would think that they would oblige in this case, but they must be keeping my account up in spite of me.

It's very similar to requests we get in the hospitality industry to remove someone's name from our mailing list.  If we remove it, we would have no way to know not to add it back when we get it as a contact in the future.  We have to mark it as blocked so we don't send them more email in the future.  I imagine the concept is the same with PSA.  After all, I heard someone say they are incompetent morons.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #692 on: August 19, 2022, 01:31:58 AM »
I知 not so sure it is truthfully the same. I was pretty crystal clear when I said I want my account deleted. If I was in the EU, I知 pretty sure they壇 have no choice whether or not they remove my information. Privacy laws help the consumer from having their information being held hostage. I知 not sure if there is anything parallel to that in the US, but I plan on doing research.

Ironically, I heard someone call them incompetent retards. Small world?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #693 on: August 19, 2022, 07:11:02 AM »
I知 not so sure it is truthfully the same. I was pretty crystal clear when I said I want my account deleted. If I was in the EU, I知 pretty sure they壇 have no choice whether or not they remove my information. Privacy laws help the consumer from having their information being held hostage. I知 not sure if there is anything parallel to that in the US, but I plan on doing research.

Ironically, I heard someone call them incompetent retards. Small world?
I am pretty sure there are such laws in the US, threaten them anyway and see if they are smart enough to check, don't put the burden on yourself.  Mess with these idiots.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #694 on: August 19, 2022, 08:31:18 AM »
I知 frankly amazed they care enough to ban him, they have much more pressing issues to be concerned with.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #695 on: August 19, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
I知 frankly amazed they care enough to ban him, they have much more pressing issues to be concerned with.
Their lack of focus doesnt surprise me plus their responses suggest they believe they are king and bigger than anything, psa needs a serious slap in the head and i believe it will come

Offline drono

« Reply #696 on: August 19, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »
Their lack of focus doesnt surprise me plus their responses suggest they believe they are king and bigger than anything, psa needs a serious slap in the head and i believe it will come

The fact that they survived the whole scandal of certain high-paying dealers and the so called "cleaners" getting better grades seems to show that nothing harms them.  It's yesterday's news.

Whenever I hear collectors say they can crack open the slab and re-submit the card to get a better grade, when they're not happy with the one PSA gave them, completely invalidates their grading process.  I've been in testing and measurements for 35 years, so I firmly believe if you can't quantitatively measure something consistently, then you're just guessing.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2022, 08:34:21 PM »
The fact that they survived the whole scandal of certain high-paying dealers and the so called "cleaners" getting better grades seems to show that nothing harms them.  It's yesterday's news.

Whenever I hear collectors say they can crack open the slab and re-submit the card to get a better grade, when they're not happy with the one PSA gave them, completely invalidates their grading process.  I've been in testing and measurements for 35 years, so I firmly believe if you can't quantitatively measure something consistently, then you're just guessing.
What til someone uses electronic scanning so grades are consistant, all previously non electronic graded cards will be shunned...that day is coming
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:30:21 AM by bandaches »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #698 on: August 22, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »

Yah, tell them you're from California (or are moving there or something) and you want them to remove your info under the CCPA.  That's the closest thing we have to the GDPA.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #699 on: August 22, 2022, 05:08:29 PM »
Some of us like the security of high grade cards being shrouded in plastic. It also (should) give a better inclination as to the grade of the card when you buy it. I don't think it is too difficult to comprehend.

And watch it with that 5th Series slander!!!

I totally get the appeal of having slabbed collectables that are graded once, encapsulated & protected from being rendered any less, and always being easy to price based on not having to rely on differing opinions of ythe buyer & seller.  Totally get it.  And if I could have my 1-16 all slabbed at once, and the whole collection uniform, I can see how that would be cool.  But the problem is that they charge WAY too much, take WAY too long, and are WAY too inconsistent for those first two things to be justified.  I mean, look what happened in coins, too.  They all get graded by the main organization of trust... which eventually can't be trusted anymore, so the coins aren't worth as much unless they now have a green CAC sticker on them too.  Is your food "organic" or "certified organic"?  It's just another way to charge more money to circumvent 'eye of the beholder' capitalism... which is more variable, sure.  But also cheaper and more fun (IMO).

And no offense meant for Series 5.  It was chosen at random.  The true swill is in 11, 15, and 16.  (heh)

anything