Author Topic: WP Forum PSA Thread  (Read 123463 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: WP Forum PSA Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 03, 2022, 04:38:45 AM »
Kinda goes to show that a PSA grade is about.....worthless.

Well, no, it shows that PSA can make mistakes.

Offline quas

« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2022, 05:20:12 AM »
PSA 9 Boredom's and PSA 9 Campy sold for close to $3,700 each on Mile High Card Co. Sold for around $1,000 more than what I would have expected.

Based on the identical selling prices, seems like the same individual bought both of them.  $7,400 for two cards.   :o
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2022, 05:40:00 AM »
Based on the identical selling prices, seems like the same individual bought both of them.  $7,400 for two cards.   :o

Where do you see those?

Offline quas

« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2022, 05:53:01 AM »
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #635 on: April 03, 2022, 06:41:03 AM »
Thanks!

It was very likely Eric Roberts.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #636 on: April 03, 2022, 09:10:50 AM »
This has to be the worst PSA error I have ever seen.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363782317242?hash=item54b31da4ba:g:X8IAAOSw1ZdhfJ05
Maybe Ron Hextall is an alias of his?  lol

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #637 on: April 03, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Is Mile High Card Co affiliated with PSA? I tried registering so that I could participate in those diecut auctions when they started. But, I didn't quite understand part of the registration process - so I emailed them for clarification and it said my email was blocked. Not that I would have won anyway, but it is what it is.

If they also blocked me for calling a different company incompetent retards years ago then that is hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 02:56:03 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #638 on: April 25, 2022, 10:33:03 AM »
Matt has a Cracked PSA 3 on ebay now.  It has been a while since this one reared its head!! 

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #639 on: April 25, 2022, 03:50:39 PM »
I think he bought that from Greg and had it slabbed. Greg had one listed for around $1200 and the centering looked identical, as well as border creases in similar locations. I couldn’t see it selling for more than $750 logically - but it already surpassed that so we’ll see.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #640 on: May 03, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »
What is the current turn around time from PSA?

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2022, 07:36:32 AM »
I sent in an order of 7 cards They are in pre grading right now.  Mailed out 04/18/2022

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #642 on: May 04, 2022, 08:29:04 AM »
What is the current turn around time from PSA?

Richard
#StayWacky

Should be pointed out that there is no affordable PSA grading option right now. The choices are pay $100 per card, or wait in line to try to get the privilege of paying $50 per card.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #643 on: May 04, 2022, 10:12:59 AM »
Should be pointed out that there is no affordable PSA grading option right now. The choices are pay $100 per card, or wait in line to try to get the privilege of paying $50 per card.
It will of course take a lot of time but other graders will become more mainstream and start to command good prices since PSA decided to open the door for this period of time.  OCR and scanned grades is the future and will trump all previous grades removing some of the subjectivity and nonsense going on now with grading. This will allow for faster and more accurate turnarounds.  The market demands this and will get it.  This will evolve like all things in life do especially with a process so flawed like the current PSA process. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #644 on: May 04, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »
The only wildcard with taking PSA’s market share is the registry. Others have tried to compete with that but have not been successful.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #645 on: May 04, 2022, 10:32:06 AM »
The only wildcard with taking PSA’s market share is the registry. Others have tried to compete with that but have not been successful.
That is not rocket science so no idea why others can't set up a registry.  What % of the market cares about registry?  I would only get cards graded to sell them and will never register them.  I have a super nice die cut set with all # variations(sans #21 Jolly) and Ratz and Cracked(graded PSA 6 and is by far the worst in the lot) that I want to get graded purely to sell.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2022, 10:49:37 AM »
The point is not whether someone could create a registry infrastructure. It’s that they have a hard time getting people to care about it.

I don’t know what percentage of the market cares about the registry, but I personally believe that the grading of high condition commons is driven almost completely by the registry, and has made PSA a boat load of money over the years. That is what is currently suffering from high grading prices. It just isn’t financially viable to pay $50/card to grade 1972 commons. The entire business model of 4 Sharp Corners has been ravaged by these circumstances.

And I realize lots of people only want to grade stuff to sell. But there has to be someone to buy it, and a lot of these buyers are either into the registry, or have typical collector OCD and want all their cards to be graded by the same service.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #647 on: May 04, 2022, 02:07:39 PM »
That is not rocket science so no idea why others can't set up a registry.  What % of the market cares about registry?  I would only get cards graded to sell them and will never register them.  I have a super nice die cut set with all # variations(sans #21 Jolly) and Ratz and Cracked(graded PSA 6 and is by far the worst in the lot) that I want to get graded purely to sell.

Cracked Animals 6? Consider that a blessing.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2022, 05:07:14 PM »
Cracked Animals 6? Consider that a blessing.
Why a blessing?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2022, 05:14:18 PM »
Why a blessing?

It’s a tough card? Not only extremely tough to find but centering issues don’t make it conducive for high grade either. Along with the plethora of other diecut issues such as border creasing, popped perforations, soft corners, etc.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #650 on: May 05, 2022, 07:44:28 AM »
Why a blessing?
He is right, centering on that card is really hard to get.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #651 on: June 19, 2022, 10:01:19 AM »
Here is a beast I picked up a week or two or three ago.

Ironically, I think I am shadow banned (or something of the like) from PSA now. I am unable to even log into my account. So, I can't add it to my registry... Oh no!

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #652 on: June 19, 2022, 12:19:46 PM »
     Wow, that is nice. I gave up on all registry sets with PSA recently, I believe I know more about certain sets than they do and they don't seem to really care.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #653 on: June 19, 2022, 01:23:27 PM »
     Wow, that is nice. I gave up on all registry sets with PSA recently, I believe I know more about certain sets than they do and they don't seem to really care.

I 100% agree. I brought up many discrepancies with PSA over time and they felt no need to change many of the issues under the guise of fairness - of all things. Like delineating between a Big Baddy puzzle piece and the sticker is unfair. Get a grip!

What registry account were you under?

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2022, 05:23:38 PM »

I can’t wrap my head around paying the slabbing fees to get a high grade on common sticker titles, but if there was ever a perfect candidate for slabbing this would have to be one.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #655 on: June 21, 2022, 04:53:27 PM »
I can’t wrap my head around paying the slabbing fees to get a high grade on common sticker titles, but if there was ever a perfect candidate for slabbing this would have to be one.

Ironically, the grading fee used to be around $5 or so per common. Not so much anymore of course. I think these premium titles are the only ones worth sending in at this point from an economic standpoint. At least if you lose your ass, you still have a rare title.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2022, 05:12:13 AM »

Ironically, I think I am shadow banned (or something of the like) from PSA now. I am unable to even log into my account. So, I can't add it to my registry... Oh no!
wow that is a beautiful card, Bum and Choke are very nostalgic to me as I remember them as a kid,  never heard of Mess Clairol  and windhex until collecting again as an adult.  never even had any checklists with those two titles on them as a kid so clearly the later run never made it to my part of NJ

Offline bandaches

« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2022, 05:14:43 AM »
Ironically, the grading fee used to be around $5 or so per common. Not so much anymore of course. I think these premium titles are the only ones worth sending in at this point from an economic standpoint. At least if you lose your ass, you still have a rare title.
Well you know my stance on slabbing, complete waste of time, you already know this is a high grade title by looking at it and if it meets your collection needs, you saved $100.  There is a luck of the draw element of this as that centering could have resulted in PSA8 so I guess that roll of the dice to get PSA9 and end debate on it becomes worth the money?

Online JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #658 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »
$50 or $100 to slab common cards is insane! What was the pre-covid price and turnaround time?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #659 on: June 23, 2022, 11:08:14 AM »
$50 or $100 to slab common cards is insane! What was the pre-covid price and turnaround time?

There were $6 per card specials up until about 2017. Through 2019 I believe the cheapest price was around $10. Turnaround times were never more than three months at this point, usually less.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #660 on: June 23, 2022, 11:13:49 AM »
There were $6 per card specials up until about 2017. Through 2019 I believe the cheapest price was around $10. Turnaround times were never more than three months at this point, usually less.

I remember you submitting cards for me to get to the minimum number required.  Bandache 9 and #15 Skimpy 8 included.  That was a good day!!

Offline quas

« Reply #661 on: June 23, 2022, 11:59:30 AM »

Unbelievable the amount of the price increase.  I had been saving cards to send to PSA, now it's almost all for naught.
Marc

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #662 on: June 23, 2022, 03:02:14 PM »
     Hey Marc,   yes the price increase was extreme. I too had been saving up for another bundle of at least 100 and before covid it was $9.00 per item, now forget it. I still have plenty of top graded that now would be idiotic to spend on grading. Holding onto product is not exactly good for business.

Matt.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #663 on: June 23, 2022, 03:26:15 PM »
I remember you submitting cards for me to get to the minimum number required.  Bandache 9 and #15 Skimpy 8 included.  That was a good day!!

The great thing about submitting wackys is PSA is clueless about what they are worth. If we had submitted a baseball card that ended up being worth $1500-2000 on the $6 special we would have been up charged to the fee for a higher service level. At least that’s what they do these days.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2022, 11:24:05 AM »
Anyone taking advantage of the July PSA special for $18/card grading?