Author Topic: More POSTCARD SKETCH CARD Variations!!!  (Read 40527 times)

Offline Kook

Re: More POSTCARD SKETCH CARD Variations!!!
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:48 AM »
and here are the reds.....................
That's another nice Maulboro and a super super combo!! The H8 looks happy in its new home. Has it been confirmed that there are Capn/Runt & H8/Lice combos in 6b? Have ANY Capn/Runt combos been found at all yet?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »
That's another nice Maulboro and a super super combo!! The H8 looks happy in its new home. Has it been confirmed that there are Capn/Runt & H8/Lice combos in 6b? Have ANY Capn/Runt combos been found at all yet?

Yes, but in very limited quantities.  No Philly Runt in 6B though, so that helps a little!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
I only did 2 H8/lice combos in the 2nd bunch, and one is a reversal- a big lice head & tiny vegetables on his scalp.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:02 PM »
Every time I see Neil's 2nd round sketches I am blown away. Great stuff!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »

Here are my series 5's.................

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »

and series 4, the series that started all of the madness!...............

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »
Here is my Sketch collection. Thanks to Rob for trading me the color Kirscht. The Camera combo looks good in his collection. I never expected to own a color sketch.

DrDeal

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
I only did 2 H8/lice combos in the 2nd bunch, and one is a reversal- a big lice head & tiny vegetables on his scalp.
And I got it in one of my five packs! It's my favorite sketch card of the bunch and I love it....you are a really great artist and thank you

Best, Fatso (not Dom Deluise G_d rest his soul)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:01 PM »
thanks very much, you are welcome!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »
Matthew,

Your color sketch is a highlight in my small sketch collection. The detail is incredible. Thanks and I hope your work is present in upcoming Postcard releases and sketches.

DrDeal

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »
Matthew,

Your color sketch is a highlight in my small sketch collection. The detail is incredible. Thanks and I hope your work is present in upcoming Postcard releases and sketches.

DrDeal

You said it! Matthew is freaking awesome!!!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
Here's my sketch. Crockyjerk.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2010, 05:43:41 AM »

I think that was my favorite sketch for this series.  I love how he did all of the different characters.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »

You should hook up with John Frick as he is a huge Hungry Jerk collector.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »
You should hook up with John Frick as he is a huge Hungry Jerk collector.

Speaking of John I need to give the Frickster an email and find out where he's been!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
I think that was my favorite sketch for this series.  I love how he did all of the different characters.

I got the one with the 'Run-a-Away' Vitamin Monster!!! Its awesome!! Love those as well....try to post a scan later...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2010, 10:35:33 PM »
and here are the reds.....................

You have done very well with your PC 6 sketch's.
One sketch looks similar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-6-ORIGINAL-ART-SKETCH-CARD-JOE-/140437750733?

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
Here are my pulls. I'm extremely happy with these.

"Gamera always wins!"

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »
Here are my pulls. I'm extremely happy with these.

Very nice!  Like that Maulboro!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »
Yes, very nice! I really like that Maulboro, if you ever want to trade or sell it let me know! this makes me want to open my two sealed packs!

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »
Yes, very nice! I really like that Maulboro, if you ever want to trade or sell it let me know! this makes me want to open my two sealed packs!
You shouldn't need me to make you want to open your sealed packs -- just do it!
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »
Why would you keep them sealed when you envy other cards? You might get what you are looking for. With so many cool sketches out there you may get one of the best combo sketches.
Maybe it's me but I think collectors have to change their prospective of the sketch cards and just open them. Sure you can hope for a big score with unopened stuff but from what I have seen your have to either be happy or unload what you don't want right away because of the frenzy. No one knows what value these will hold in the future. I may have paid a bit too much for the PC6's sketches overall but I have also sold some along with the inserts and such to make up for the difference. It really is fun when you can turn stuff quickly to buy the stuff you want.
I see ANS7 being really crazy for a little while. It should be a fun and probably a very frustrating ride!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
Why would you keep them sealed when you envy other cards? You might get what you are looking for. With so many cool sketches out there you may get one of the best combo sketches.
Maybe it's me but I think collectors have to change their prospective of the sketch cards and just open them. Sure you can hope for a big score with unopened stuff but from what I have seen your have to either be happy or unload what you don't want right away because of the frenzy. No one knows what value these will hold in the future. I may have paid a bit too much for the PC6's sketches overall but I have also sold some along with the inserts and such to make up for the difference. It really is fun when you can turn stuff quickly to buy the stuff you want.
I see ANS7 being really crazy for a little while. It should be a fun and probably a very frustrating ride!
Unopened packs make for intriguing trade material. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »

Yes, you are correct however if you have something more desirable to other collectors wouldn't you want that to be your trading piece? I really think that once we start ANS7 the whole PC6 thing will be done. We haven't seen many sketches on ebay thus making me feel that most of the sketches are done. It's only my rationale so don't take this as gospel. You can see the trend of sellers and buyers for yourself. I really don't know what PC6 will hold as far as value but I have traded some PC4 stuff to know they do hold some value to the collectors that didn't get in on the first few series.
There are always collectors that come and go but you never know what the new collectors are after and that is why it's a total crap shoot. Look at the most recent auction with the full PC6 set available. It sold for around $156 knowing what the sketch was. If this would have been a Neil combo sketch it would have fetched about $300+ right now. I don't know that to be fact but I can only assume until an actual combo sketch shows up on ebay.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2010, 12:47:50 AM »

"I" (agree).

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:53 AM »
I figure this is a good thread to post these pics. Smokin' Joe was over for a visit yesterday and he let some of his art sleep over. Clearly you can see two of the paintings from the postcard series. But check out those sketch cards. Some of them are mysterious, aren't they? Sort of unfamiliar as of yet. I can't say more than that right now but he's letting me keep any two. I'm torn trying to make the choice. Which two would you pick?

Look closely at the Captain Moron art. Just amazing. Did you know that under all that paint is a sketch? That's right. The actual card and sticker gags are made from sketches that have paint added to them later. This helps to bring more depth and reality to the sketch. In fact I could take a wet sponge and wash away all the paint to find the sketch. The painting might be worth $800 but I could wipe off the paint and sell just the sketch to Leslie for $1600. I do hope all this sketch chat dies down at some point so we can pay a little more attention to the real stuff. There's so little discussion about the actual cards and stickers I'm beginning to think sketch collectors see them as just more wrapping to tear through to get to the sketch.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:01 AM »
I can't say more than that right now but he's letting me keep any two. I'm torn trying to make the choice. Which two would you pick?
I like mystery sketch #1 (based on "R-- G----" I presume) and the Runt sketch best.

Look closely at the Captain Moron art. Just amazing. Did you know that under all that paint is a sketch? 
You're on a "roll", cracking me (up).

Offline bandaches

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2010, 07:40:00 AM »
I figure this is a good thread to post these pics. Smokin' Joe was over for a visit yesterday and he let some of his art sleep over. Clearly you can see two of the paintings from the postcard series. But check out those sketch cards. Some of them are mysterious, aren't they? Sort of unfamiliar as of yet. I can't say more than that right now but he's letting me keep any two. I'm torn trying to make the choice. Which two would you pick?

Look closely at the Captain Moron art. Just amazing. Did you know that under all that paint is a sketch? That's right. The actual card and sticker gags are made from sketches that have paint added to them later. This helps to bring more depth and reality to the sketch. In fact I could take a wet sponge and wash away all the paint to find the sketch. The painting might be worth $800 but I could wipe off the paint and sell just the sketch to Leslie for $1600. I do hope all this sketch chat dies down at some point so we can pay a little more attention to the real stuff. There's so little discussion about the actual cards and stickers I'm beginning to think sketch collectors see them as just more wrapping to tear through to get to the sketch.
We have allowed the hyper impulsive collecting take over this hobby.  Sketch focus is only a further manifestation of this previous issue.  I remember ANS1, I opened a few packs at a time over many weeks to make my set and most people thought I was nuts.  People were killing cases at a time, making hoards of sets and chase sets and already wondering when ANS2 would be out before we even had an ANS1 title ranking list out.  More collectors would notice sketch variations before they would notice neat detail in the post card set themselves.  Unfortunately, I don't see this trend changing any time soon.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
Yes, you are correct however if you have something more desirable to other collectors wouldn't you want that to be your trading piece? I really think that once we start ANS7 the whole PC6 thing will be done. We haven't seen many sketches on ebay thus making me feel that most of the sketches are done. It's only my rationale so don't take this as gospel. You can see the trend of sellers and buyers for yourself. I really don't know what PC6 will hold as far as value but I have traded some PC4 stuff to know they do hold some value to the collectors that didn't get in on the first few series.
There are always collectors that come and go but you never know what the new collectors are after and that is why it's a total crap shoot. Look at the most recent auction with the full PC6 set available. It sold for around $156 knowing what the sketch was. If this would have been a Neil combo sketch it would have fetched about $300+ right now. I don't know that to be fact but I can only assume until an actual combo sketch shows up on ebay.
There are very few(are there any) statistical facts to support your theory here.  You are assuming everyone else shares your very hyper and impuslive buying and selling habits.  We have recently seen a LE1 and LE4 sketch sell for record prices so it seems there is very little credance to your claim that LE sketches beconme quickly forgotten.  Certainly during the initial release, the overly hyper buyers spend too much to get their fix now and there is a settling of prices to some degree, ie $125 Alpha Bytes now settle to $60-$75 but as more and more collectors decide to try to get all sketches, it seems likely prices may slowly rise as there can only be around 25 "completists" not counting colors and combos based on their only being let's say 25 Hoppy meals or 25 Stench berry sketches.  That supply is fixed or falling(as some sketches just disappear into collector hands who fade away) yet demand has the potential to rise.

I have come across at least 5 people who now want at least one sketch per series since they have decided that getting a "set" is near impossible although they would go after more if they became available.  This seems to be the possibly faster growing group of sketch collectors and will put high demand even on sketches that were deemed plentiful in the past.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
"....Then they started putting out so much product, raising the price on packs and putting chase cards that caused people to stop trying to make sets.  Kids ran away.  Hobbyists got aggravated because they couldn’t afford everything, and speculators backed off because of oversaturation...."

A quote from an article on what killed the baseball card industry in the '90s.  I hope Topps learns from history and is not doomed to repeat it.  Unfortunately, most of the time greed wins out in the end.  Don't get me wrong, I love sketch cards, but I think it becomes dangerous to the hobby when the tail wags the dog.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2010, 09:31:54 AM »
There are very few(are there any) statistical facts to support your theory here.  You are assuming everyone else shares your very hyper and impuslive buying and selling habits. 

I am just making a personal observation. Nothing more, nothing less....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
I am just making a personal observation. Nothing more, nothing less....
Observation or opinion?  If this is an observation that past Post Card sets and sketches will be quickly forgotten, what did you observe that supports this?  Of course everything we all post here is merely our opinions, some take it further to try to support their opinions with data and some just toss their opinion in the pile to be taken as just that, an opinion.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
"....Then they started putting out so much product, raising the price on packs and putting chase cards that caused people to stop trying to make sets.  Kids ran away.  Hobbyists got aggravated because they couldn’t afford everything, and speculators backed off because of oversaturation...."

"So much product" is a bit vague and ambiguous. There was alot of product between all of the various companies selling baseball cards unlike today where Topps doesn't have any real competition in the satire market. Lets also not dismiss the MLB strike and stoppages which happened during the 90's.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »

I say open them up to!  Packs were meant to be open.  What's the fun of looking at an unopened pack wondering if something good is inside, and that's even more true with the postcards because every sketch cards is unique. 

Having said that I do respect the pack collectors and that would be the one exception.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
There are very few(are there any) statistical facts to support your theory here.  You are assuming everyone else shares your very hyper and impuslive buying and selling habits.  We have recently seen a LE1 and LE4 sketch sell for record prices so it seems there is very little credance to your claim that LE sketches beconme quickly forgotten.  Certainly during the initial release, the overly hyper buyers spend too much to get their fix now and there is a settling of prices to some degree, ie $125 Alpha Bytes now settle to $60-$75 but as more and more collectors decide to try to get all sketches, it seems likely prices may slowly rise as there can only be around 25 "completists" not counting colors and combos based on their only being let's say 25 Hoppy meals or 25 Stench berry sketches.  That supply is fixed or falling(as some sketches just disappear into collector hands who fade away) yet demand has the potential to rise.

I have come across at least 5 people who now want at least one sketch per series since they have decided that getting a "set" is near impossible although they would go after more if they became available.  This seems to be the possibly faster growing group of sketch collectors and will put high demand even on sketches that were deemed plentiful in the past.

There does seem to be a pattern of having a "hot" month or 2 where prices are at their highest, and then a cooling off period when it dies down or a new series comes out, and prices drop down.  The dilemma I'm always faced with is if I wait until the prices have dropped would those rare combos or whatever still be available?  It a risk you take if you wait it out.