Author Topic: Sets from the Shoe for sale.  (Read 10700 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Sets from the Shoe for sale.
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
I have original sets 2nd through 13th, included in this lot are:

2nd-a tan and white back set, 3rd has the regular Spit/Spill, 4th has Mess/Windhex, 6th has both puzzles, 8th has both puzzles, 10th has both puzzles, and the others have their own puzzle. Also in here are the new series binders, I will consider offers on any individual set(s), But I'm interested in $2,000 for it all, Send me a pm if interested.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Sets from the Shoe for sale.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »
Giving up trying to complete the run?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »

Yeah I am, I'm still 4 sets short of the run and I'm in a situation where I need cash for other things.

Online MoldRush

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
If it's Mark we're talking about, I would have to ask if by "completing the run" you mean for the 3rd or 4th time over?  Mark has been in the hobby a long time, I would have thought he had 1-16 plus the Mag 7's completed long ago, no?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
If it's Mark we're talking about, I would have to ask if by "completing the run" you mean for the 3rd or 4th time over?  Mark has been in the hobby a long time, I would have thought he had 1-16 plus the Mag 7's completed long ago, no?

Yes it is I, Brother Shoe. I had a run of 1-16 quite a while back, had to part with it, and after a period of time decided to try and assemble another one. But due to things such as bills and other matters at this time, I need to sell the sets I do have.

Online MoldRush

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 04:08:58 PM »
Oh, I see.  Hope you were fortunate enough to have the market for the 16th peak at the time you needed to sell.  That was holding up around $3,000 for several years as I remember.  Still disproportionately high now, but more like $2,000 if I'm guesstimating correctly.  I know you couldn't remember when we spoke about it, but I watched you and another collector crack endless 16th packs from Paul Hamelberg at the summer 1997 Parsippany NJ show, and I think he still had more at the Philly show that same fall.  He lowered his price from $5 to $4 a pack because many of his packs lacked a puzzle piece.  He called them miswraps.  The kicker was, many of those packs missing the puzzle piece had a 3rd sticker.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
  The kicker was, many of those packs missing the puzzle piece had a 3rd sticker.

Didn't all 16th packs come with 3 stickers and a checklist?  They doubled the price of the 16th series from 5c to 10c so they threw in an extra sticker to compensate.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online MoldRush

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
If that's your understanding I'm sure it's correct.  I was just getting into the hobby then and a lot of the basic information described in the various handbooks wasn't second nature to me yet.  I just remember feeling like a kid at Willy Wonka's in that first show.  I went there wanting to work on the 13th and 15th series because they were two favorites and I had very few of the stickers from either set.  If I knew then what would happen to 16th prices in the near future, I would have loaded up on those 16th packs, no matter what the contents.

Online MoldRush

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 07:01:13 PM »
To your point if the normal packs were 3 stickers plus 1 checklist, then I guess the seller was right in calling them miswraps, in that some packs had only the 3 stickers, some 2 plus 1, and some just 2 stickers I think.  But at $4 each, even the lightest packs were a good investment.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 08:57:28 AM »
Oh, I see.  Hope you were fortunate enough to have the market for the 16th peak at the time you needed to sell.  That was holding up around $3,000 for several years as I remember.  Still disproportionately high now, but more like $2,000 if I'm guesstimating correctly.  I know you couldn't remember when we spoke about it, but I watched you and another collector crack endless 16th packs from Paul Hamelberg at the summer 1997 Parsippany NJ show, and I think he still had more at the Philly show that same fall.  He lowered his price from $5 to $4 a pack because many of his packs lacked a puzzle piece.  He called them miswraps.  The kicker was, many of those packs missing the puzzle piece had a 3rd sticker.

Yes I did quite well when I parted with the run the 1st time, One collector paid 1,500 for my 16th, another paid 1,000 for my 1st and 11th-15th, and yet another paid 1.000 for my 2nd-10th.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »

Yes I did quite well when I parted with the run the 1st time, One collector paid 1,500 for my 16th, another paid 1,000 for my 1st and 11th-15th, and yet another paid 1.000 for my 2nd-10th.

I don't know when that was, but assuming the sets are not mint, I can't imagine series 2-10 selling for that much today.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:28 AM »
Yes it is I, Brother Shoe. I had a run of 1-16 quite a while back, had to part with it, and after a period of time decided to try and assemble another one. But due to things such as bills and other matters at this time, I need to sell the sets I do have.

This story sounds familiar! Yep, I remember in the mid '80's, we were both trying to complete a run of the original sets! After about 5 rounds of finishing the 1-16 run, I finally realized, there's really never an end to collecting! You buy 'em, sell 'em and then turn around and buy 'em again...

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »
So Shoe with you selling your collection, does that mean you will not be at philly next month?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »
So Shoe with you selling your collection, does that mean you will not be at philly next month?

Of course he will be there! Can you keep a duck from the pond?

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 06:26:03 AM »
I guess that anology fits perfectly.   That did make me smile

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 01:26:31 PM »
I have original sets 2nd through 13th, included in this lot are:

2nd-a tan and white back set, 3rd has the regular Spit/Spill, 4th has Mess/Windhex, 6th has both puzzles, 8th has both puzzles, 10th has both puzzles, and the others have their own puzzle. Also in here are the new series binders, I will consider offers on any individual set(s), But I'm interested in $2,000 for it all, Send me a pm if interested.

Just wanted to let everybody know that ser. 11, 12, and 13 have found a good home and most likely ser. 2-10 will be sold at the upcoming non-sport show in Allentown.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »
Good for you Brother Shoe

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
most likely ser. 2-10 will be sold at the upcoming non-sport show in Allentown.
Does this mean you have buyer(s) lined up already...or you're bringing the sets to drum up interest to sell there?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
Good for you Brother Shoe
Way to go, I-da-ho!

sorry, couldn't resist

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:20 PM »
Does this mean you have buyer(s) lined up already...or you're bringing the sets to drum up interest to sell there?

I have already been in touch with a dealer via phone that is interested in the 2-10.

anything