Author Topic: Looking for Capn Crud and other Chrome Superfractors  (Read 5653 times)

Offline TheCrud

Looking for Capn Crud and other Chrome Superfractors
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:45:55 PM »
Looking for Capn Crud, Quacker Oats, Neverready, Fink, Crust, and a few other Superfractors. If you can spread the word I would appreciate it! Had the chance to buy my favorite Capn Crud but let it slip away. 

Thanks for spreading the word.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Looking for Capn Crud and other Chrome Superfractors
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:10:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

We've had discussions here about how few of the Wacky superfractors have surfaced, and how they don't even seem to show up on ebay anymore.  However, Quacker Oats was pulled from a value pack by a forum member about two weeks ago.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 07:55:57 AM »
I am surprised at the appeal of these chase cards. I'm glad there are people who enjoy collecting them. I do not de-value anyone's desires to collect certain items especially considering I only collect the reissues...so who am I to talk right? LOL

I have just never been able to find great interest in a colored border variation or any of the other variants such as these superfractors.  If I am able to find one I'm definitely going to offer it up to one of the other collectors who appreciates them. That's what its all about, getting the appropriate collectible to the appropriate collector who will cherish and appreciate it.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
That's what its all about, getting the appropriate collectible to the appropriate collector who will cherish and appreciate it.
Like all '79 test wrappers to you, right?   8)

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
Like all '79 test wrappers to you, right?   8)

Not all....just one :)
And the original art to Ice Krunkles.........I don't ask much :)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »
I am surprised at the appeal of these chase cards. I'm glad there are people who enjoy collecting them. I do not de-value anyone's desires to collect certain items especially considering I only collect the reissues...so who am I to talk right? LOL

I have just never been able to find great interest in a colored border variation or any of the other variants such as these superfractors.  If I am able to find one I'm definitely going to offer it up to one of the other collectors who appreciates them. That's what its all about, getting the appropriate collectible to the appropriate collector who will cherish and appreciate it.

Jeff, well said, there's certainly enough room in Wacky collecting to accommodate all interests.  It's all Wacky and that's what brings us together!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Well said Dr.Joe G

Offline TheCrud

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »
Thanks for your replies! I'm a Chromie collector and having Wacky Packages in chrome is so awesome. I like having these in my collection, never get tired admiring them!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 12:37:52 AM »
Do you have any of the Wacky superfractors yet?  I have the 1A Sauce superfractor, displayed in a page with an original series sticker, a regular chrome card, signed chrome card, x-fractor, and the regular, blue, gold, atomic refractors.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 03:58:44 AM »
Holy Subset Batman!

I wouldn't mind seeing a pick of that sheet.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:48 AM »
Holy Subset Batman!

I wouldn't mind seeing a pick of that sheet.

I tried scanning the page, but the refractors really don't scan well.  Maybe I can get something else to work better.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:18 AM »
Try using your phone / camera in a lower light situation, but not enough to force the flash on.... just a thought