Author Topic: Seasons Greetings from the Camera family  (Read 12040 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Seasons Greetings from the Camera family
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »
That's fantastic, Neil!!  I love Wackys of toys, and they seem especially appropriate for Christmas!

Online mikecho

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
I think there's at least 1 more ;)

Happy Holidays from the entire Camera family! Here's to a bright and prosperous New Year (and more Wacky Packages)!
I have to abmit, Neal, you really outdid yourself this time!

A toy camera! Who'd have thunk it?

One question, though: is that toy still in the stores and on the market? I haven't seen any Fisher-Price toys since I was a kid.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
I have to abmit, Neal, you really outdid yourself this time!

A toy camera! Who'd have thunk it?

One question, though: is that toy still in the stores and on the market? I haven't seen any Fisher-Price toys since I was a kid.

Hallmark made a Keepsake Ornament of it for 2020.  I think an actual toy would be a flop for today's kids, since they expect cellphones to be cameras.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
Hallmark made a Keepsake Ornament of it for 2020.  I think an actual toy would be a flop for today's kids, since they expect cellphones to be cameras.
I was very surprised to find that FP brought it back this year as a 'Classics'. Looks like a lot of their 60's toys are available again.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Classic-Changeable-Picture-Camera/dp/B00528D81I/ref=asc_df_B00528D81I/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309860046211&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16182574726560058446&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027837&hvtargid=pla-451669173558&psc=1

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »
Hallmark made a Keepsake Ornament of it for 2020.

Yeah, the picture I posted was from the Hallmark website! LOL
Brian Mc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2020, 05:40:00 AM »
It's that time again!

In keeping with the spirit of the holidays, I'd like to give "Frosty Pr-ice" a new home. All I ask is a small favor:

Between now and January 1, I encourage forum members to give to their favorite charity. Any charity will do. Personally, I prefer the animal shelters, but that's just me. As you know, there are a lot of GREAT causes to give to!

Now, for some "rules":  I work on the honor system, so I don't any need proof. Just send me a PM and let me know that you donated to a cause (any cause, any amount) and you'll be eligible.  All I really need to know is that you want to be included in the drawing (and a mailing address, if you happen to be selected). For those who've already made a recent donation to a cause, you're eligible, too. Just post your name and you'll be included in the drawing, too.

To keep things fair, I'll let my daughter pick the name out of a hat. She's met a few of you already, but she thinks every wacky fans name happens to be Mark, so there's a 100% chance this will be completely random! One name will be picked on Jan 2, 2020 afternoon (she's in college, so mornings are definitely out) and that person will receive the "Frosty Pr-ice" art. I'll mail as soon as possible so hopefully, you get your art before the spring thaw ;) . In all seriousness, I'll provide tracking #, but expect some delays.

Finally, thank you to everyone for making 2020 a little brighter and I hope the rest of your holiday season is merry and bright! Let's get on with 2021 already!

Neil & family

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2020, 07:35:54 AM »
It's that time again!

In keeping with the spirit of the holidays, I'd like to give "Frosty Pr-ice" a new home. All I ask is a small favor:

Between now and January 1, I encourage forum members to give to their favorite charity. Any charity will do. Personally, I prefer the animal shelters, but that's just me. As you know, there are a lot of GREAT causes to give to!

Now, for some "rules":  I work on the honor system, so I don't any need proof. Just send me a PM and let me know that you donated to a cause (any cause, any amount) and you'll be eligible.  All I really need to know is that you want to be included in the drawing (and a mailing address, if you happen to be selected). For those who've already made a recent donation to a cause, you're eligible, too. Just post your name and you'll be included in the drawing, too.

To keep things fair, I'll let my daughter pick the name out of a hat. She's met a few of you already, but she thinks every wacky fans name happens to be Mark, so there's a 100% chance this will be completely random! One name will be picked on Jan 2, 2020 afternoon (she's in college, so mornings are definitely out) and that person will receive the "Frosty Pr-ice" art. I'll mail as soon as possible so hopefully, you get your art before the spring thaw ;) . In all seriousness, I'll provide tracking #, but expect some delays.

Finally, thank you to everyone for making 2020 a little brighter and I hope the rest of your holiday season is merry and bright! Let's get on with 2021 already!

Neil & family

Way to make a fun tradition even better, Neil!  Thanks for spreading the love both in Wacky and charitable ways!

I'll send you a PM :)

Tom

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »
Hi Tom,

If I can help make the season a little cheerier, then it's all worth it!

Happy New Year!
Neil

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2020, 07:51:59 AM »
Hi Tom,

If I can help make the season a little cheerier, then it's all worth it!

Happy New Year!
Neil

In that case, consider it a success!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »
Nice! Sneaky way to do a camera!

I think there's at least 1 more ;)

Happy Holidays from the entire Camera family! Here's to a bright and prosperous New Year (and more Wacky Packages)!

Offline drono

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2020, 06:01:06 AM »
As always, thanks for the Christmas cheer Neil!

I suppose you'll move on to high tech cameras next?  Maybe a go pro or the new spy cameras.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2020, 10:33:17 AM »
As always, thanks for the Christmas cheer Neil!

I suppose you'll move on to high tech cameras next?  Maybe a go pro or the new spy cameras.

I had a little plastic camera I bought from Chinatown for 99c when I was a kid - it was called a Pokey camera if I recall.
I never got the hang of winding film so it never worked for me...
A

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2020, 02:22:22 PM »
I had a little plastic camera I bought from Chinatown for 99c when I was a kid - it was called a Pokey camera if I recall.
I never got the hang of winding film so it never worked for me...
A

I couldn't find any pics of a Pokey camera, but there were plenty of miniature cameras around in the 60's and 70's. Some were even found in gumball machines...

Online mikecho

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
I couldn't find any pics of a Pokey camera, but there were plenty of miniature cameras around in the 60's and 70's. Some were even found in gumball machines...

I kind of remember those. Did they actually work? I think they might've been just toys.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »
The Pokey was a cheap plastic camera made in Hong Kong - I found on the internet that it was a knock-off of the Diana camera.
As a kid, I saw an episode of Gomer Pyle where he used a Pokey while was playing tourist.
The Pokey looked a lot like this one, another Diana knock-off, the Mark L.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
I kind of remember those. Did they actually work? I think they might've been just toys.

Yep, they actually worked. The film rolls were about 1/2" tall cylinders and came in miniature boxes. I have a few but have never had any developed.  I suppose the image quality would be pretty lousy if you could find a place to process the film.

Online mikecho

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »
Yep, they actually worked. The film rolls were about 1/2" tall cylinders and came in miniature boxes. I have a few but have never had any developed.  I suppose the image quality would be pretty lousy if you could find a place to process the film.
You know, I believe they would, Neil. Tell me, please, does such a place exist today at all, or did that go the way of the dodo, too?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:38:58 PM by mikecho »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2021, 06:22:23 AM »
Good question. I suppose there are a few independent processors still around, but I don't know of any offhand. Of course, if you have b/w film, you could process them yourself with a little ingenuity.

PS - LAST CALL for entries for the Camera Holiday art drawing! I'll pick a name this afternoon. Good luck everyone!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2021, 06:51:17 AM »
I was going through a box from the back of my mother's closet and found a box that contained at least a dozen rolls of undeveloped film that probably go back to the 70's.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2021, 08:51:30 AM »
I was going through a box from the back of my mother's closet and found a box that contained at least a dozen rolls of undeveloped film that probably go back to the 70's.

That's like solid gold! If it's 35mm, you shouldn't have any trouble getting it developed, although the results might not be ideal. It's best to develop film within a few months of taking the pics. But I would definitely try! I think Walmart and Walgreens still process regular film.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:53:06 AM by koduck »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
OK...drumroll please...

And the recipient of the Camera holiday art, "Frosty Pr-ice" is ratchet007!

Congrats to you Brian! I'll get your artwork shipped promptly. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm this year! I'm floored by how generous this forum is and the number of worthy causes you all gave to. This forum never cease to amaze me!

Happy New Year! May 2021 be full of hope and prosperity!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2021, 03:28:53 PM »
Thanks, Neil, as always. Keeping the fun going in Wackies!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2021, 04:55:15 PM »
OK...drumroll please...

And the recipient of the Camera holiday art, "Frosty Pr-ice" is ratchet007!

Congrats to you Brian! I'll get your artwork shipped promptly. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm this year! I'm floored by how generous this forum is and the number of worthy causes you all gave to. This forum never cease to amaze me!

Happy New Year! May 2021 be full of hope and prosperity!
HAPPY NEW YEAR NIEL!! SAME TO U AND YOURS!! ALWAYS STAY WACKY!!

anything