Author Topic: Topps Rejected Wacky Package & GPK Art Sale  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Soremel

Topps Rejected Wacky Package & GPK Art Sale
« on: May 07, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
Just a heads-up for anyone interested... I had the following pieces displayed at the Spring Philly Show this past weekend. I was previewing them for my eBay auctions that have been active since Monday. All of these pieces passed through Topps' offices and were subsequently rejected for different reasons. Most of these had been posted on John Mann's Wacky page eons ago, so many of you are already familiar with them.

I'm horrible at attaching links, so if anyone is interested in bidding, or just following, my eBay member name is "wrightstuff-tws"

For those of you that attended the show, it was great to see you!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Topps Rejected Wacky Package & GPK Art Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
Amazing art George! I never get tired of seeing "Yike and Eek"! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Soremel

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
George the art is wonderful!  I just took a look on eBay and I think this link should work:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=seller%3A+wrightstuff-tws&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_fss=1&_sasl=wrightstuff-tws&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X.TRS5&_nkw=&_sacat=0

Thanks, Joe! That did the trick! (you young kids, with your Coleco Vision, Sony Walkmans and hippety-hop music...) If I tried to do that, there'd be a link to "Canadian Chicken Feather Plucking", or something like that. Thanks, again!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:42:08 PM »
Were they planned for the 1985 Wacky Packages series?

Offline Soremel

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 12:50:08 PM »
Were they planned for the 1985 Wacky Packages series?

Not particularly. They were submitted well before the '85 set was released.