Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard 6 WAITING LIST  (Read 43797 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Postcard 6 WAITING LIST
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
Neil --
Thanks for helping me finally end my perfect record of missing out on every LE postcard set before this one!

Now that is funny! :D

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 05:35:41 PM »
Received the email from Neil today. First reaction... :o
Second reaction..... ;D
Now I can't wipe the smile from my face... :D

I echo all the other thanks to Neil for his efforts with the wait list.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
I, too, received my e-mail this morning. 

I was not at home but stepped aside with my Iphone and rapidly ordered up a set (just the one LE set) as well as a standard set, which I never got around to doing before.   This was great, and it's a fun bit of relief, as I've been lucky enough to score one of each LE set up until now. 

I hope all forum members who initially missed out are able to take advantage of this.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 06:01:56 AM »
Thanks so much Neil.  I got my email yesterday and placed my order after yelling hurray so loudly that my wife did not know what was happening!.. My dog starting barking in response to my yelling as well.  It was very funny. I, too did not order 3 sets as to allow others a chance at getting them.  You are the best. 

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »
Thanks so much Neil.  I got my email yesterday and placed my order after yelling hurray so loudly that my wife did not know what was happening!.. My dog starting barking in response to my yelling as well.  It was very funny. I, too did not order 3 sets as to allow others a chance at getting them.  You are the best. 

I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm now doubtful that I'll be offered a set through Topps.  Are you saying that you were allowed to buy up to 3 sets of these from Neil's waiting list?  If that's ture, I find it baffling that Topps would once again allow people to buy multiple sets when it's clear that there are tons of us who couldn't even get one set (but kudos to you and anyone else who passed on the extra sets to allow more collectors an opportunity to purchase this).

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »
Shipping confirmation received. Apparently sent UPS this am.

A few comments:

Ordering one set, even though three was the limit, was the honorable thing to do considering everyone who got on this list knew damn well others missed out on their chance to obtain a set. Those of us who did get a second opportunity should be thankful.

I'm curious how many people missed out on the initial window of opportunity.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm now doubtful that I'll be offered a set through Topps.  Are you saying that you were allowed to buy up to 3 sets of these from Neil's waiting list?  If that's ture, I find it baffling that Topps would once again allow people to buy multiple sets when it's clear that there are tons of us who couldn't even get one set (but kudos to you and anyone else who passed on the extra sets to allow more collectors an opportunity to purchase this).
Topps knows this is going to happen from day 1 when the limit originally was 5 sets.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
Ordering one set, even though three was the limit, was the honorable thing to do considering everyone who got on this list knew damn well others missed out on their chance to obtain a set. Those of us who did get a second opportunity should be thankful. 
and the other side of the spectrum are guys like 'quisp' on ebay, who seems to have bought 3 sets, and immediately put them all up on ebay. seems it's all about flipping for $$$ these days

Offline 6up

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
and the other side of the spectrum are guys like 'quisp' on ebay, who seems to have bought 3 sets, and immediately put them all up on ebay. seems it's all about flipping for $$$ these days

Thats pretty disappointing. I have nothing against anyone who ordered multiple sets in the first wave but when people get upset to not get any on the first round then flip the ones they get from the waiting list well....  >:D  I found it honorable and the right thing to do to order only one set if you were on the waiting list. Hopefully a bunch of people will be able to score from this type of Karma ;) I know I was tempted but was happy for just one and it seems alot of other people felt the same way.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »

I was just going to mention that because he also got around 10 of the first batch and now another 3. I don't get it?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
I was just going to mention that because he also got around 10 of the first batch and now another 3. I don't get it?
How did he get so many in round one and also get on the waiting list for round 2?  Topps had a billion days to figure out of people on the waiting list had also ordered in round 1 in some capacity.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
How did he get so many in round one and also get on the waiting list for round 2?  Topps had a billion days to figure out of people on the waiting list had also ordered in round 1 in some capacity.

I am stumped also. I wonder if he might be selling for someone.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
I am stumped also. I wonder if he might be selling for someone.
I'll place a wager against that.....it must be a lot of someones......

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
This is really unfortunate. Topps went to great lengths to limit individuals to just 5 sets. But this guy seems to have gotten around it by having friends and family buy sets for him. We've been talking about different ways to address this issue but hopefully we have something in place for the next release.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »

It's possible that the new ones he got were from his original order that was lost, as opposed to getting on the wait list for 3 sets.  He clearly had more than 5 sets originally so it makes sense that part of his orders were in the lost shipment.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »
It's possible that the new ones he got were from his original order that was lost, as opposed to getting on the wait list for 3 sets.  He clearly had more than 5 sets originally so it makes sense that part of his orders were in the lost shipment.

Then why would he only sell 3 set the second time around?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
Then why would he only sell 3 set the second time around?
Why are you assuming all of his stash is being sold at once?  That didn't happen with his phase 1 stash, it was pieced out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »
Why are you assuming all of his stash is being sold at once?  That didn't happen with his phase 1 stash, it was pieced out.

Because his first 5 can be viewed by looking at the completed auctions and there is a total of 5. He also emailed me with other sketches he had available that were not listed on ebay. That is how I am assuming he had at least 10 of the first run but only 3 on the second. Anyone can get by the limitations of Topps. I know of another collector that got 10 in today. They used their sons address. I need to give my son a PO  Box... ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:25:55 PM by BumChex »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
Because his first 5 can be viewed by looking at the completed auctions and there is a total of 5. He also emailed me with other sketches he had available that were not listed on ebay. That is how I am assuming he had at least 10 of the first run but only 3 on the second. Anyone can get by the limitations of Topps. I know of another collector that got 10 in today. They used their sons address. I need to give my son a PO  Box... ;)
I again ask the same question you haven't answered, why are you assuming he only has three from phase II?  How does establishing he had 10 or more from Phase I have anything to do with establishing that he only has 3 from phase II?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
I again ask the same question you haven't answered, why are you assuming he only has three from phase II?  How does establishing he had 10 or more from Phase I have anything to do with establishing that he only has 3 from phase II?

It may be assuming because Neils list would allow for people to order 3 sets max. Put 2 and 2 together you have 3 sets.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »
It may be assuming because Neils list would allow for people to order 3 sets max. Put 2 and 2 together you have 3 sets.
There were two wait lists, one for folks who place orders with topps and the order was list.  That would be max of 5 except for dolts who used a variey of addresses to get more than 5.  Then there was a wait list of folks who got shut out completely, max order of 3.  I ask again, how did you come to the conclusion he has only 3 Phase II sets when he could have any number as he could have multiple addresses on the lost shipment list and also have an address or two on the shut out list.....Totally not getting where you are coming from here.  He could have 15 sets and decided to sell three today, three next week and so on just like he did with all of his sets from phase 1.....

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
There were two wait lists, one for folks who place orders with topps and the order was list.  That would be max of 5 except for dolts who used a variey of addresses to get more than 5.  Then there was a wait list of folks who got shut out completely, max order of 3.  I ask again, how did you come to the conclusion he has only 3 Phase II sets when he could have any number as he could have multiple addresses on the lost shipment list and also have an address or two on the shut out list.....Totally not getting where you are coming from here.  He could have 15 sets and decided to sell three today, three next week and so on just like he did with all of his sets from phase 1.....

Because he listed 3 sets and that is all Topps would allow for the Neil wait list. If he had more he probably would have listed them. It's not rocket science to believe a person that spent $40 on a set wouldn't want to turn it around for a $100 profit if they could. So far it's working. It's only human nature to believe this person is selling while the fire is hot. Why sit on them when you can make a huge profit? It's all supply and demand. This person isn't a true collector. I have been in sales long enough to know the right time to sell. There is a plateau for every product. You just have to play the odds.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 03:22:05 AM »
Because he listed 3 sets and that is all Topps would allow for the Neil wait list. If he had more he probably would have listed them. It's not rocket science to believe a person that spent $40 on a set wouldn't want to turn it around for a $100 profit if they could. So far it's working. It's only human nature to believe this person is selling while the fire is hot. Why sit on them when you can make a huge profit? It's all supply and demand. This person isn't a true collector. I have been in sales long enough to know the right time to sell. There is a plateau for every product. You just have to play the odds.
I don't think his three sets were from the waiting list for those who missed out since I think he listed them on Wed which is the same day the emails went out to wait listers with the buy link. He must have got them as fullfillment of one of his original orders placed with multiple addresses/ identities.

DrDeal

Offline bandaches

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2010, 06:21:28 AM »
Well, you are doing a good job of ruining the good name of rocket scientists as you dont seem to be applying any sense here.  This seller has sold many pieces privately for Phase 1, I am sure many going to the sugar mommy that you still are in denial is the primary controller of sketch prices.  Somehow you are ASSUMING that three pieces on ebay means that is all he had and he sold ZERO privately which totally contradicts his approach with the phase 1 pieces.  Not sure why you are trying to make it seem this seller has few phase II pieces when of course what I am saying is very possible.  Even with his approach to Phase I pieces, they pieces came out in phases, not all of his pieces hit ebay the same day.  These phase II pieces have barely arrived at their destinations.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »
I don't think his three sets were from the waiting list for those who missed out since I think he listed them on Wed which is the same day the emails went out to wait listers with the buy link. He must have got them as fullfillment of one of his original orders placed with multiple addresses/ identities.

DrDeal

I would agree with that...because I got mine before the emails went out for the 'shut outs' list...he was part of Phase II where some of his fake address orders were sent in Phase I and some in Phase II. Maybe he has 2 more to sell...or he may keep...The sketches are awesome...I think the Phase II were given more attention and time than Phase I...IMO.. :]

Offline bandaches

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »

DrDeal
You are using sound logic, I am completely at a loss on why BRad is insisting this seller only got three waiting list pieces and the seller somehow got these pieces in Chicago before other wait listers.  No logic behind it whatsoever.  I think Brad is clinging too much to the number three as being magical in some manner and it seems much more likely that number three is the number of pieces the sugar mommy decided not to buy from his stash so some of the leftovers are hitting ebay.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »

DrDeal

I agree, it's a coincidence he only listed 3 sets.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2010, 08:48:49 AM »
You are using sound logic, I am completely at a loss on why BRad is insisting this seller only got three waiting list pieces and the seller somehow got these pieces in Chicago before other wait listers.  No logic behind it whatsoever.  I think Brad is clinging too much to the number three as being magical in some manner and it seems much more likely that number three is the number of pieces the sugar mommy decided not to buy from his stash so some of the leftovers are hitting ebay.

"sugar mommy" LOL, that's funny!  If she ever decides to join the forum she already has a good name!

Offline 6up

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »
Looks like Karma paid off with only ordering only one set.  I scored a color sketch.  Its one of the angry tomato's.  Will post a pic this afternoon.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2010, 09:15:11 AM »
Looks like Karma paid off with only ordering only one set.  I scored a color sketch.  Its one of the angry tomato's.  Will post a pic this afternoon.

Dude nice job!! I wonder how many colored sketches there are it total?? 20 ? 10? Neil? Neil?

Offline 6up

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
Here is the sketch I recieved today from the wait list.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
Here is my assortment which came today.. Very happy to receive these three. Thanks to Neil for advocating for the wait listers and for the cool drawings.
DrDeal

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
Thats pretty disappointing. I have nothing against anyone who ordered multiple sets in the first wave but when people get upset to not get any on the first round then flip the ones they get from the waiting list well....  >:D  I found it honorable and the right thing to do to order only one set if you were on the waiting list. Hopefully a bunch of people will be able to score from this type of Karma ;) I know I was tempted but was happy for just one and it seems alot of other people felt the same way.

Human beings are strange. I'd bet my last dollar if someone on the waiting list missed out on ordering a set because someone ahead of them ordered three sets, they'd bitch and moan. I'd also bet alot of 'em would have zero reservations ordering the maximum limit from this second chance. I can't begrudge those who order the maximum in the hopes of helping others who maybe couldn't get to a comp, didn't get an email, perhaps doesn't have the money on that day, etc..,

There's one particular person on ebay who sells things at prices which verge on the edge of insanity. As of yet I haven't seen him/her sell any of the limited edition post cards but I have a feeling if he/she does, you'll need to take a second mortgage on your house to afford them.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
I agree, it's a coincidence he only listed 3 sets.

I don't think we will ever know unless and 6b shows up from the guy. I guess I should have prefaced my post with I ASSUMED since he only listed 3.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

Why does everything have to be so cut and dry for you. I tell you what, I emailed the guy and will find the facts ;)