Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6  (Read 64083 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
I just got in this postcard set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320562241724

The damn sketch card's corner was all bent up as you can see on the image of the back. The guy denied it until I showed him his own scan on the auction. I really wanted that sketch to and it was also number 6. Damn! At least he is taking it back but I want to warn everyone if this shows up again, and it will, beware.
He tried to sell me that privately, then you snagged the buy it now.  I now know to pass on it or ask for a stiff discount as sketch cards if anything are all mint so one with badly creased corner needs a discount.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

The damn sketch card's corner was all bent up as you can see on the image of the back. The guy denied it until I showed him his own scan on the auction. I really wanted that sketch to and it was also number 6. Damn! At least he is taking it back but I want to warn everyone if this shows up again, and it will, beware.

Neil, did you bend that card? ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »

Wow, I never would have noticed that from the picture.  You can kind of see where it is on the back but not the front.  I wouldn't think to check for something like that on a new item, but buyer beware I guess!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
Here are the sketches I did along with the final paintings (that I didn't do) for Series 6 Postcards.

I did the concept and sketch for Maulboro and Neil did the final painting.

The did the sketch for H8 based on Mike Dantzer's idea (Dr. Sushi on the forum) and Matthew Kirscht did the final painting. (Not Brent Engstrom, as I mistakenly said). Matt did an awesome job.

Very happy with how they came out!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:31:38 PM by Gurgle »

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »
Very nice, Mark.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2010, 08:52:34 AM »
Both are great work Mark!  H8 is one of my favorite titles in the set, and it looks like there weren't any gag changes from your sketch.  I am looking forward to seeing your upcoming Wacky contributions!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2010, 08:55:09 AM »
Both are great work Mark!  H8 is one of my favorite titles in the set, and it looks like there weren't any gag changes from your sketch.  I am looking forward to seeing your upcoming Wacky contributions!

Mike Dantzer wrote it. I usually don't like to do other people's ideas but I loved the concept and knew it would be fun to draw. It's also one of my favorites and I hope to see it nice and big on a postcard some day!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »
Here are the sketches I did along with the final paintings (that I didn't do) for Series 6 Postcards.

The did the sketch for H8 based on Mike Dantzer's idea (Dr. Sushi on the forum) and Brent Engstrom did the final painting.

H8 is awesome and it is too bad it didn't turn out to be a post card as getting a larger version of it would be great.  I clued out and didn't order the base post card set when I ordered the limited edition.  I gotta get off my arse and order the base set so I can get an H8 card!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »
Mike Dantzer wrote it. I usually don't like to do other people's ideas but I loved the concept and knew it would be fun to draw. It's also one of my favorites and I hope to see it nice and big on a postcard some day!
Maybe Topps will allow H8 to be an LTL print - I'd buy that for sure!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »

Very nice, Mark! I love the H8 also. I would also like to get this one blown up and stuck on a wall somewhere ;)

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
Maybe Topps will allow H8 to be an LTL print - I'd buy that for sure!!
I was thinking the same thing  :D. I do plan to make a reasonable attempt to purchase the original art for H8 when Topps auctions it (my wife even said we can hang it in the kitchen!). If successful, the plan would then be to get a good scan of it to LTL so that they could make prints. Does anyone know if Topps would have to sign off on that? I seem to recall Plan 9 doing this with some of the original art he won - maybe Mark can chime in if he's knows what the process is.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »

The did the sketch for H8 based on Mike Dantzer's idea (Dr. Sushi on the forum) and Brent Engstrom did the final painting.

Actually I painted H8.... :^)

Mark is a perfect sketch artist for the gags. There was no need to change anything, it was a dream to do it just as it was laid out. Klepto was also very close to his original, I just altered the hand & Cap. Always a pleasure to work from your ideas!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:47:23 PM by Sunstroke »
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
Actually I painted H8.... :^)

Mark is a perfect sketch artist for the gags. There was no need to change anything, it was a dream to do it just as it was laid out. Klepto was also very close to his original, I just altered the hand & Cap. Always a pleasure to work from your ideas!
Whoooops! Sorry, Matt!!

I'll go back and change my original post.

Fantastic job, by the way! I love how it came out!

Again, my apologies.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »
I was thinking the same thing  :D. I do plan to make a reasonable attempt to purchase the original art for H8 when Topps auctions it (my wife even said we can hang it in the kitchen!). If successful, the plan would then be to get a good scan of it to LTL so that they could make prints. Does anyone know if Topps would have to sign off on that? I seem to recall Plan 9 doing this with some of the original art he won - maybe Mark can chime in if he's knows what the process is.

I sent LTL a hi-res scan of my Dead & Buried art and they made prints. Anyone can send a scan of any art to get a private print made.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
I sent LTL a hi-res scan of my Dead & Buried art and they made prints. Anyone can send a scan of any art to get a private print made.

Thanks for the info. And since LTL selling prints of Dead & Buried, it would seem that it's not a big hurdle for them to get clearance from Topps to make the prints available to everyone.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
Thanks for the info. And since LTL selling prints of Dead & Buried, it would seem that it's not a big hurdle for them to get clearance from Topps to make the prints available to everyone.

You should send Kendall an email. He has to get the art scan from Topps. LTL prints would sure be cheaper then the original art and you can get a 4'er for the kitchen. Once the wife buys into this you are set ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
Thanks for posting your roughs, Mark. Good stuff!
Did you also do color roughs, or just the b&w?

Neil, why move the wolf to the side? Seemed to be more prominent on the front. Well at least this one is a postcard, otherwise that would have been one tiny wolf :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »

Neil, why move the wolf to the side? Seemed to be more prominent on the front. Well at least this one is a postcard, otherwise that would have been one tiny wolf :)

I, personally, like the wolf to the side. It doesn't really work on the front as it takes away from the clean look.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »

The wolf on the front of Mark's rough looks fantastic! But for some reason, when I put the idea to paint, it seemed too cluttered on front (mostly due to all the text) so he ended on the side panel.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »
They would do Hurts off a scan of my art?  They don't need Topps permission?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
I submitted black and white roughs, but I do have a color rough of H8.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2010, 09:39:26 PM »
They would do Hurts off a scan of my art?  They don't need Topps permission?
They'll do it just for the person who submits a scan. But in the case of Hurts they may want to get permission to add it to the catalog.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2010, 01:36:14 AM »
I have the Original Paintings to Lice & H8 on my Blog, as well as a junky photo pf the 1st 30 sketch cards. I forgot I took one, and found it while cleaning out my memory card!  I never did document the 2nd half.

Spoliers of course since H8 has not been shown yet to the best of my knowledge.

http://theshiverboneyard.blogspot.com/

Congrats!!!!  Sorry I am a week late in seeing the good news! 

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
Thanks! We had been planning it for awhile, so it wasn't a huge surprise, but it still ended up being timed well enough to be unexpected!  ^-^
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »
Thanks! We had been planning it for awhile, so it wasn't a huge surprise, but it still ended up being timed well enough to be unexpected!  ^-^
Congratulations!
Great Mardi Gras Beef & Broccoli outfits!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »
hahaha! Thanks. She put a LOT more effort into hers though.