Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6  (Read 64088 times)

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
For anyone who's interested, I've posted the rest of my WP Post card sketches on my blog.

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2010/07/wacky-packages-post-card-series-6.html

I haven't posted my 3 returned cards yet though.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »
For anyone who's interested, I've posted the rest of my WP Post card sketches on my blog.

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2010/07/wacky-packages-post-card-series-6.html

Those are great sketch cards!  Thanks for documenting them and sharing them!  I really hope I get one, but if not, at least it's nice to see the cool sketches.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
I don't think that would happen. The back has been marked as  AP 1 of 4, AP 2 of 4 etc, no way to confuse that with the regular numbering. If it becomes an issue I won't do it next time.
Sorry, I'm a bit slow. What does AP mean, and what is the regular numbering?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »

Your wife Tracy was the brainchild of Speedlick!? From the moment I saw the title, I've been suspicious of it's meaning, and it doesn't surprise me a woman was behind the concept.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
AP is short for Artist's Proof, which is how prints that are not part of the numbered run are designated in a limited edition. The regular numbering is xxx/300 that Topps puts on them, this specifies them as 1 of 4 extra cards that I did which are not part of that set of 300.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
I am not saying Shawn is a bad guy. I am saying selling a card that comes with a set that can be purchased for $7 from Topps for $25.00 and not stating where it came from is not a cool or nice thing to do. That is taking advantage of un-informed Wacky fans which can result in them becoming non-Wacky fans if they feel they overpaid. Shawn is well within his rights as a seller to do what he does. He provides prompt shipping and great packing. His customers give him positive feedback.
Maybe more people should do this. I just don't plan on ever being one of them.

DrDeal
I agree with this sentiment. He has a track record of obtaining things and severely overinflating the price when he flips it, though. I understand the "free enterprise" thing, but I still think it wrong.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
He {Shawn} is not making anyone buy anything.
It feels good while you're getting screwed. You tend to forget that feeling if you get VD later, though.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2010, 06:50:46 PM »

Thanks for posting! I love the idea and the execution of the various Wacky characters in the croc's mouth. I hope I pull one.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
So I have split it up allowing one to benefit myself and see where it goes, the others I am floating out to other collectors. Hopefully that is not seen as too greedy. - Matthew

Nope, not greedy at all. The return cards are a way for the artist to get a more substantial return on the time investment that goes into a sketch card project. I think most folks here will understand that.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Nope, not greedy at all. The return cards are a way for the artist to get a more substantial return on the time investment that goes into a sketch card project. I think most folks here will understand that.
Agree totally, nothing wrong with these guys making some money!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2010, 05:21:36 AM »
Matthew, PM sent
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:04:25 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:17 AM »
I agree with this sentiment. He has a track record of obtaining things and severely overinflating the price when he flips it, though. I understand the "free enterprise" thing, but I still think it wrong.

Someone bought one. Shame! $20 for a card you can get for $7.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:05:04 AM by BumChex »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »
Those are great sketch cards!  Thanks for documenting them and sharing them!  I really hope I get one, but if not, at least it's nice to see the cool sketches.

Can someone help me with that link?  When I open it I see the postcard and bio-card but no sketch cards.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »
Someone bought one. Shame! $20 for a card you can get for $7.

That a-hole (turbo*&*)is always looking for suckers!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »
Can someone help me with that link?  When I open it I see the postcard and bio-card but no sketch cards.

They seemed to have vanished on both blog sites. Guys what is up? Have you guys been C&D'ed ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:10:17 PM by BumChex »

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
That a-hole (turbo*&*)is always looking for suckers!!!

Speaking of Turbo, he's on ebay with a $34.95 buy-it-now for Gaggin' Strips bonus card from Series 5.  I'm looking for this card, but assume this is too high an asking price?  Any help appreciated!  Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190415809605&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1023

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »
I sold my last extra Gaggin about 3 weeks ago for $21.00
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »
Speaking of Turbo, he's on ebay with a $34.95 buy-it-now for Gaggin' Strips bonus card from Series 5.  I'm looking for this card, but assume this is too high an asking price?  Any help appreciated!  Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190415809605&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1023

$35.00 is a little high but not outrageous.  I sold a bunch for $25.00 a while back, and I think a couple went as high as $40.00.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »

Send him a message and ask him if he will take $25...I say he will! He has always been fair w/me ;)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Feetena

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »
Great...thanks for all the "color", guys!  Much appreciated.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »
If not I have an extra gaggin that I would let you have for 25 and 2 buck to ship.

Offline Feetena

« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
Great thanks...will PM you.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »
If not I have an extra gaggin that I would let you have for 25 and 2 buck to ship.
If anyone else has such a fine offer, I'd appreciate a PM!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
If anyone else has such a fine offer, I'd appreciate a PM!

Turbo (Shawn) has one for $35, if you offer him $25 I think he will take it...I'm all but positive he would take $30, just a suggestion :^)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
The Wacky Postcards sure caused a spike in forum talk. We set a new record today for the most people on - 63!  Woohoo! 8)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:56 PM »
The Wacky Postcards sure caused a spike in forum talk. We set a new record today for the most people on - 63!  Woohoo! 8)

Totally agree. I think people want to get some insight of what this series holds. There is also a huge spike in guests, so forum members don't really make up those total numbers.
Ironically series 6 postcards aren't that hot except for the inserts. Inserts are always hot! I sold out of my 4 bio sets within minutes of posting the sets. I have sold 2 LE bonus cards pretty fast, but the limited sets aren't selling. Gotta love the bonus stuff!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:55:38 PM by BumChex »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »

Totally agree. I think people want to get some insight of what this series holds. There is also a huge spike in guests, so forum members don't really make up those total numbers.
Ironically series 6 postcards aren't that hot except for the inserts. Inserts are always hot! I sold out of my 4 bio sets within minutes of posting the sets. I have sold 2 LE bonus cards pretty fast, but the limited sets aren't selling. Gotta love the bonus stuff!
The limited sets probably are'nt selling because the only difference beyween them & the common ones is a certificate! In the first 3 series the "Postcards" themselves were numbered, I think that makes a HUGE difference I know it does for me, you can buy virtualy the same set from "Topps" for $6.95 S&H included! I think the set itself is great, as are the rest of them! I think Neil has hit a "Grand-Slam" w/the "Postcards" it's a great product inbetween the (regular) series...Just my opinion as always :^) RonZ 8)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2010, 06:33:53 AM »
The limited sets probably are'nt selling because the only difference beyween them & the common ones is a certificate! In the first 3 series the "Postcards" themselves were numbered, I think that makes a HUGE difference I know it does for me, you can buy virtualy the same set from "Topps" for $6.95 S&H included! I think the set itself is great, as are the rest of them! I think Neil has hit a "Grand-Slam" w/the "Postcards" it's a great product inbetween the (regular) series...Just my opinion as always :^) RonZ 8)
no, the limited edition post cards specifically say "limited edition" on the back.  Since the certificate is numbered as is the sketch, the certificate much more ties to the sketch.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2010, 06:57:23 AM »
no, the limited edition post cards specifically say "limited edition" on the back.  Since the certificate is numbered as is the sketch, the certificate much more ties to the sketch.
Am I correct that with series 6 the wrapper is also numbered to match the sketch and COA?  With series 5, I traded sketches along with the matching numbered COA.  Just wondering if people are thinking the numbered wrapper should also go with those. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2010, 07:12:54 AM »
Am I correct that with series 6 the wrapper is also numbered to match the sketch and COA?  With series 5, I traded sketches along with the matching numbered COA.  Just wondering if people are thinking the numbered wrapper should also go with those. 

I didn't realize that but they are #'ed and match the COA and sketch card.  I guess technically all 3 should be kept together but I'm not sure everyone one care about matching up the wrapper.

Offline Kook

« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »
I would expect the wrapper, coa & sketch to stay together. If anyone cares about the coa (since it's #d) I would say they would want the matching wrapper as well. (At tleast I would) I don't see any link between the postcards & the wrapper, coa or sketch. They are totally interchangeable & 1 copy would be fine for me no matter how many sketches I had.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2010, 07:18:24 AM »
I didn't realize that but they are #'ed and match the COA and sketch card.  I guess technically all 3 should be kept together but I'm not sure everyone one care about matching up the wrapper.
Seems like a waste of effort on Topps' part if people aren't going to keep the 3 items together.  I'm the kind of person who'd want the right numbered wrapper.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2010, 08:14:22 AM »
The limited sets probably are'nt selling because the only difference beyween them & the common ones is a certificate! In the first 3 series the "Postcards" themselves were numbered, I think that makes a HUGE difference I know it does for me,

Sure, the beginning sets which featured each card signed and numbered seem a bit more personal then just including a numbered COA with the past few series. Also, they look better when framed and displayed afaic.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »
Seems like a waste of effort on Topps' part if people aren't going to keep the 3 items together.  I'm the kind of person who'd want the right numbered wrapper.
These sets & all their extras have gotten complex.  I remember a simpler time when Neil was the only artist, there only 3 postcards to collect with the postcards themselves each being signed & numbered, and no bonus cards or coa to deal with. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »
I'd strongly suggest keeping the limited edition sets together. The wrapper, COA and sketch card numbers all match, so it's very likely that the value would decrease significantly if they were pieced apart. Just my 2 cents.

anything