Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 299628 times)

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »
I don't see Hawaiian Tragic which was pictured on the Facebook page. There are three others I did I also do not see. I wonder if they were pulled or maybe they are bonus stickers.

One of mine is missing too, and one of Brent's.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
Looks like both the paintings I did are listed plus the gag I wrote that they stole.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
If Hawaiian Tragic gets snubbed from ANS7, it should end up in a Lost Wackys Series 3 set (Which would also include the past shut out of ANS1-6 entries Snot Cakes, Swansong, 3 Racketteers, Twits, Miracle Warp, Rold Cold, Hi-Sea, Picky Stix, Snore Caps, Elapse Gum, plus lost 1992 Wacky series entries Sickey Mouse Viewer and Famine Circle and shut out of Old School 1 Spaghettos)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »
I was on the Nonsport Update forum this morning and came across an interesting post.  It was dated June 14th, which is interesting in and of itself.  At any rate, here's what it said (though the person who posted it didn't know much more than what I'm copying and pasting below):

Wacky Packs 2010 Cereal Box A 40789:
(SRP-$14.99(Prepriced)) 36/3/1+1
Release Date: 8-25-10

Each cereal box contains 14 Wacky Base Stickers PLUS 3 Wacky Commercial Stickers Plus one (1) one Wacky Commercial Red Parallel Sticker for a total of 18 stickers. One (1) Cereal Box Exclusive Sticker and one (1) Wacky Website Sticker will also be inserted into every Cereal Box for a total of 20 stickers per cereal box. Three Cereal Boxes will be shrink-wrapped together on a tray to form a single selling unit.

One (1) 18-sticker pack plus one (1) cello-wrapped 2-sticker pack per cereal box
Three (3) cereal boxes per tray
Thirty-six (36) trays per case

« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:09 AM »
I was on the Nonsport Update forum this morning and came across an interesting post.  It was dated June 14th, which is interesting in and of itself.  At any rate, here's what it said (though the person who posted it didn't know much more than what I'm copying and pasting below):

Each cereal box contains 14 Wacky Base Stickers PLUS 3 Wacky Commercial Stickers Plus one (1) one Wacky Commercial Red Parallel Sticker for a total of 18 stickers. One (1) Cereal Box Exclusive Sticker and one (1) Wacky Website Sticker will also be inserted into every Cereal Box for a total of 20 stickers per cereal box. Three Cereal Boxes will be shrink-wrapped together on a tray to form a single selling unit.

One (1) 18-sticker pack plus one (1) cello-wrapped 2-sticker pack per cereal box

Do you think the exclusive stickers mentioned in these cereal boxes may replace those formerly in Wal-mart and Target boxes?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
Do you think the exclusive stickers mentioned in these cereal boxes may replace those formerly in Wal-mart and Target boxes?

I sure wish Topps would give an official statement for this series. It's coming out in a month and we are still guessing.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
Looks like both the paintings I did are listed plus the gag I wrote that they stole.
Which one did they "steal" from you?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
One of mine is missing too, and one of Brent's.

One of mine is back in the base set (Armor Maul) and Hormone Chili was taken out. Hawaiian Tragic and Wife-Out are bonus cards. Pounds may or may not be a bonus card and is a floater right now.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
New info:

Foil cards will be all classic Wacky all done by Jay and a rare select amount will have a Jay autograph on the back.

20 Wack-O-Mercials will be rarer stickers and each as a pitchman on the back hawking the product. There are 3-4 different pitchmen. There are some rarer parallel cards for this.

There are sketch cards done by Fred Wheaton, Jay Lynch and Brent Engstrom. They will be fully inked cards and are extremely rare. That is EXTREMELY rare.

A Wal-Mart or Target bonus box will be available. Only one and I'm not sure if it's at one of these places or the same one at both.

Blister packs with 3 different bonus cards

The other product is the cereal boxes. They will be small boxes like Snatch-A-Pack in groups of 3. There is an A group and B group. The cereal boxes will be classic Wackies and inside is a corresponding vintage Wacky sticker of that box (Weakies box would get a Weakies card for example). You also get a bonus card in each box of a website parody. Buy any of the A or B packs of 3 boxes and you will definitely get all three Web Site cards.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »
This looks great!! THX for sharing!! and Welcome!! I heard the Foils might be Glow-in-the-Dark? signed? or maybe that was signed on the Wackommercial ones?? No Lents SUX...

No glow-in-the-dark this time. They do love the idea and are working on it for later.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »
If Hawaiian Tragic gets snubbed from ANS7, it should end up in a Lost Wackys Series 3 set (Which would also include the past shut out of ANS1-6 entries Snot Cakes, Swansong, 3 Racketteers, Twits, Miracle Warp, Rold Cold, Hi-Sea, Picky Stix, Snore Caps, Elapse Gum, plus lost 1992 Wacky series entries Sickey Mouse Viewer and Famine Circle and shut out of Old School 1 Spaghettos)

Most likely anything not used will be in the next series. They had a few more paintings than they needed. I think some cat pieces might get left out as they had quite a few of those.

Taz

« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

I have a difficult time locating any blister packs in my area. If anyone runs into these LMK.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:51:39 AM by Taz »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:15 AM »
Foil cards will be all classic Wacky all done by Jay and a rare select amount will have a Jay autograph on the back.

20 Wack-O-Mercials will be rarer stickers and each as a pitchman on the back hawking the product. There are 3-4 different pitchmen. There are some rarer parallel cards for this.

A Wal-Mart or Target bonus box will be available. Only one and I'm not sure if it's at one of these places or the same one at both.

Thanks, Dave!  A couple quick questions.  Any idea what the insert ratio is on the foils?  They sound great but I hope they aren't as tough as ANS6. 
For the wack-o-mercials, are they also inserted at a "tough" ratio?  I don't think I care all that much about collecting all the different pitchmen, but I would hope to get at least one of each of the 20.
To clarify: are you saying only one store will carry the bonus boxes this time or both stores will carry them, but the bonus card will be the same?

Thanks!

Offline ROID

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
If I find them,I got you covered.

Taz

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
If I find them,I got you covered.

Thanks!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
I have a difficult time locating any blister packs in my area. If anyone runs into these LMK.
Will do.  8)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »
New info:

There are sketch cards done by Fred Wheaton, Jay Lynch and Brent Engstrom. They will be fully inked cards and are extremely rare. That is EXTREMELY rare.

The other product is the cereal boxes. They will be small boxes like Snatch-A-Pack in groups of 3. There is an A group and B group. The cereal boxes will be classic Wackies and inside is a corresponding vintage Wacky sticker of that box (Weakies box would get a Weakies card for example). You also get a bonus card in each box of a website parody. Buy any of the A or B packs of 3 boxes and you will definitely get all three Web Site cards.

Any idea of the odds?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »
Dave,

Can you please expound a little on "Extremely Rare" regarding the Sketch cards. Are we talking 300 cards total and one in every 800 packs ????   Just looking for a little clarity on these cards.

DrDeal

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »

These cereal boxes are going to be HOT. I bet they don't sit on the shelves very long at all.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »
Thanks, Dave!  A couple quick questions.  Any idea what the insert ratio is on the foils?  They sound great but I hope they aren't as tough as ANS6. 
For the wack-o-mercials, are they also inserted at a "tough" ratio?  I don't think I care all that much about collecting all the different pitchmen, but I would hope to get at least one of each of the 20.
To clarify: are you saying only one store will carry the bonus boxes this time or both stores will carry them, but the bonus card will be the same?

Thanks!

I was not given ratios and was told I would not be given them at all. The Wack-O-Mercials stickers have all new Wacky images on the fronts (20 total). The commercial is on the back (it's sort of like the coupons and websites on this group of 20 but is not as easy to get as the basic 55 (base cards will have coupon backs). So it's really 75 total new stickers (actually 79 with bonus stickers). I would expect the sticker/ commercial cards are not too rare compared to the sketches, parallels, etc.

There is one bonus box but I don't know if it's for Target only, Wal-Mart only or both stores will have the same box.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
Dave,

Can you please expound a little on "Extremely Rare" regarding the Sketch cards. Are we talking 300 cards total and one in every 800 packs ????   Just looking for a little clarity on these cards.

DrDeal

I can't talk about it. I know how many sketches there are but I was told not to talk odds and whatnot at this time. VERY rare is what I can say.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
...Plus one (1) one Wacky Commercial Red Parallel Sticker...

Doh!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
I wonder if one of the Wack-o-mercial pitchmen will be modeled after the late Billy Mays.

Taz

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »
I wonder if one of the Wack-o-mercial pitchmen will be modeled after the late Billy Mays.

I would prefer Vince "you're gonna love my nuts" Offer of Sham Wow and Slap Chop fame.

Offline ROID

« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
I can't talk about it. I know how many sketches there are but I was told not to talk odds and whatnot at this time. VERY rare is what I can say.
 Dave,honestly I don't know how you can stand the endless onslaught of questions regarding ANS 2010. Obviously you're bound by a confidentiality clause and can't discuss the specifics. What's the matter,people,don't you like surprises? It takes all the fun out of it when you know everything in advance. It'll be here soon enough,relax.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
 Dave,honestly I don't know how you can stand the endless onslaught of questions regarding ANS 2010. Obviously you're bound by a confidentiality clause and can't discuss the specifics. What's the matter,people,don't you like surprises? It takes all the fun out of it when you know everything in advance. It'll be here soon enough,relax.

Well, as a fan also I can see why people want to know what, how many and all that info regarding the series since they may be budgeting out for it. If I wasn't already working on them I would probably prefer to see the images when I open the packs though but a lot of the artists talk and trade images/reviews with each other so I've seen at least 62 of the stickers. I won't have too many surprises!

I called Topps today specifically to get this info for the forum but I can only get info they allow to come out and I don't push too hard. I'm not saying they won't release the ratios ever but for whatever reason they don't want them released at this point. They did release the GPK FB ratios very close to the actual release.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:23 PM »
Well, as a fan also I can see why people want to know what, how many and all that info regarding the series since they may be budgeting out for it. If I wasn't already working on them I would probably prefer to see the images when I open the packs though but a lot of the artists talk and trade images/reviews with each other so I've seen at least 62 of the stickers. I won't have too many surprises!

I called Topps today specifically to get this info for the forum but I can only get info they allow to come out and I don't push too hard. I'm not saying they won't release the ratios ever but for whatever reason they don't want them released at this point. They did release the GPK FB ratios very close to the actual release.
I appreciate your getting this info for us!  It certainly does help with budgeting and preordering, especially with Lockwood out of the picture, and no way to preorder any of the bonus boxes & blisters.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
I appreciate your getting this info for us!  It certainly does help with budgeting and preordering, especially with Lockwood out of the picture, and no way to preorder any of the bonus boxes & blisters.
I'm excited about a new series coming out but I keep thinking, "How much $$$ am I going to need?" I never preorder, I always go out into the wild for bonus boxes and blister packs.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »

Dave,

Thanks for your candid answer. Just trying to ascertain whether the sketches are going to be somewhat attainable for me or very likely unattainable unless I get very lucky. With Flashbacks you pretty much knew that if you purchased a untouched gravity feed there would be a Gold Border card in there even though there was no gaurentee of that happening. If the odds for Sketches are 1 in 600 packs that will make it more like a printing plate situation.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline dth1971

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
slamjim: Did you get my private message about my inquiries of ANS7 products and thier real ones spoofed in question?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2010, 05:58:17 PM »
Dave,

Thanks for your candid answer. Just trying to ascertain whether the sketches are going to be somewhat attainable for me or very likely unattainable unless I get very lucky. With Flashbacks you pretty much knew that if you purchased a untouched gravity feed there would be a Gold Border card in there even though there was no gaurentee of that happening. If the odds for Sketches are 1 in 600 packs that will make it more like a printing plate situation.

Regards,  DrDeal

I understand. These will be Extremely, EXTREMELY RARE (I added another Extremely).

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
slamjim: Did you get my private message about my inquiries of ANS7 products and thier real ones spoofed in question?

Yes, I sent you a PM

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »
Which one did they "steal" from you?
County Time Lemonade. They didn't really steal it. I submitted it as a postcard gag. After all the refusals of my ANS gags and after a long conversation with Zapata about how to create gags they will like I decided to send in County Time for ANS and it got approved. I excitedly asked when I can start painting and Zapata said "You don't. We're giving it to another artist." A classy response, eh? This is after Dead & Buried but before the two Smokin Joe gags I painted for ANS7. If it were approved as a postcard I probably would have painted it. So I made a huge mistake of submitting it for ANS. I couldn't refuse selling them the gag or they would have gotten mad at me and there goes any chance of painting in the future. So I gave it up to be a "team player" (a bullshit term to get you to bend over) and that bugs me because I wrote the gags solely to create the opportunity to paint. I hope the artist who painted my gag did an astounding amazing mind blowing job... or else!   ;)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2010, 08:31:12 PM »