Author Topic: 5th Series Reissue Unpublished Wrapper Proof  (Read 4359 times)

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
5th Series Reissue Unpublished Wrapper Proof
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »
Hello Wacky Enthusiasts!

Im interested in locating and purchasing the 5th Series Reissue Unpublished Wrapper Proof that showed up a few years ago. I think it was a Topps Vault auction. If anyone has any information on this item I would be most grateful. Even if I do locate it, it is likely to b out of my price range but I'm still wanting to try. The wrapper CODE is 0-490-21-01-0 and there is a picture of it on Rusty's Lostwackys.com website.

Thanks in advance guys for the help. There is a lot of knowledge here and Im glad to be plugged in again!!

Jeff

Offline Zenergizer

Re: 5th Series Reissue Unpublished Wrapper Proof
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
That's because you are getting your 100% daily requirement of knowledge
from your All-Brain cereal...yummy!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Hello Wacky Enthusiasts!

Im interested in locating and purchasing the 5th Series Reissue Unpublished Wrapper Proof that showed up a few years ago. I think it was a Topps Vault auction. If anyone has any information on this item I would be most grateful. Even if I do locate it, it is likely to b out of my price range but I'm still wanting to try. The wrapper CODE is 0-490-21-01-0 and there is a picture of it on Rusty's Lostwackys.com website.

Thanks in advance guys for the help. There is a lot of knowledge here and Im glad to be plugged in again!!

Jeff
I don't recall that wrapper ever showing up at auction. Unless Rusty sold some of his knock-offs online?
The original proof was found a long ways back, pre-toppsvault, as it was in the Gallery

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:06 PM »
I don't recall that wrapper ever showing up at auction. Unless Rusty sold some of his knock-offs online?
The original proof was found a long ways back, pre-toppsvault, as it was in the Gallery
It is in the Gallery? I will have to look when I get back from Illinois. I had not remembered that thank you. It does however put a damper on the possibility of purchasing it. If it was that far back it may be difficult to find out who owns it.

I am trying to get in touch with Rusty to at least purchase a couple of his knock offs. I hope the contact email on his site is still accurate.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:14 AM »
It is in the Gallery? I will have to look when I get back from Illinois. I had not remembered that thank you. It does however put a damper on the possibility of purchasing it. If it was that far back it may be difficult to find out who owns it.

I am trying to get in touch with Rusty to at least purchase a couple of his knock offs. I hope the contact email on his site is still accurate.

If you can get in touch with Rusty, please LMK the contact info - I need top left and middle left Sneer puzzle pieces!!!   :D

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

You are correct...  That is the one that I own, and it was purchased back around 1998/99 from an older Wacky collector in the early Ebay days.  Paul & Phil had used a scan of it in there book. Definitely one of the coolest uncovered items of that time.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »
You know full well my next question:)

What would it take for you to consider letting it go. Its rightful place is in the Reissue Museum :))

I wont resort to begging...but.......please? :)))

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
You are correct...  That is the one that I own, and it was purchased back around 1998/99 from an older Wacky collector in the early Ebay days.  Paul & Phil had used a scan of it in there book. Definitely one of the coolest uncovered items of that time.

I'm curious, since this was before the days of the Topps Vault, do you know the history of how the wrapper was originally acquired?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »
You know full well my next question:)

What would it take for you to consider letting it go. Its rightful place is in the Reissue Museum :))

I wont resort to begging...but.......please? :)))

Let's hear your offer!!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »
I'm curious, since this was before the days of the Topps Vault, do you know the history of how the wrapper was originally acquired?

I believe that it was one of those items where the person in charge of R&D sort of walked out with it as process work.  There were some other items, like the preliminary artwork for the Wacky Book Series (box art, wrapper, checklist) as well as some other reissue pieces available (test strips, color separations, etc.).  It has been a while, but in hindsight that was some pretty cool stuff.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
Very cool!  I don't think I've ever seen what the Wacky Magazine/book series wrapper looked like.  Is that on Rusty's site?

anything