Author Topic: 2 Placks left to finish the set! HELP!!  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Kook

2 Placks left to finish the set! HELP!!
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »
I'm down to 2 placks left to finish the set. Does anyone have a:

1. Brute88 or
2. Koduck

wacky plack for sale or trade, or know someone who does? Please lmk. Thanks

Offline landoquakes

Re: 2 Placks left to finish the set! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:26:52 PM »
I still like the placks and they are some of the only wacky items that I miss. I hope you are able to complete the plack run, few have that's for sure!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
It's so cool to see someone still trying to put these ridiculously hard sets together.  I remember when Dave Gross and I completed the first 2 complete Plack sets known at the same time by trading my extra Kook for his extra Kookaid.  That was stellar & seems like yesterday... but it was in 1999 or 2000 or so.  Holy crap!  Where did all the time go?  So, how many complete plack runs are in existence these days?  I thought Eric bought the one I used to have from John years back, and I assume Dave kept his.  I think Greg had completed one too.  But those are the only 3 I remember knowing about.  I used to run across one now & then at swap meets, etc.  But I haven't seen one since I let my set go.

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
It's so cool to see someone still trying to put these ridiculously hard sets together.  I remember when Dave Gross and I completed the first 2 complete Plack sets known at the same time by trading my extra Kook for his extra Kookaid.  That was stellar & seems like yesterday... but it was in 1999 or 2000 or so.  Holy crap!  Where did all the time go?  So, how many complete plack runs are in existence these days?  I thought Eric bought the one I used to have from John years back, and I assume Dave kept his.  I think Greg had completed one too.  But those are the only 3 I remember knowing about.  I used to run across one now & then at swap meets, etc.  But I haven't seen one since I let my set go.

It's a tough set all right! I've been working on this for several years now & I'm still stuck on these 2. They pop up on ebay so rarely, and no one seems to have any for sale or trade. Funny thing is, when they do show up, they don't seem to pull big bucks. I guess not many people are trying to build the set. Anyone know of someone else that might have Brute or koduck available that they could refer?

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »

I have a complete set!  I love the placks!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »
John Kosturik (Moron Chicken) and I both have complete sets as well.  Our sets have been completed since about 2000 / 2001.

Offline Kook

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 06:50:17 AM »
Thanks to some help from Shrunken Donuts, I have added the Koduck plack to my collection. I'm now just 1 away from a complete set. If anyone knows of someone who may have a Brute88 plack available please lmk. Thanks again for a great transaction James!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:53:14 AM by Kook »

anything