Author Topic: Topps 75th Anniversary Set  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Topps 75th Anniversary Set
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
All,

I have Wacky Packs, GPKs, Nutty Initials, and Monsters from the set - For Wacky's I have foil cards are well...I can send a scan for anyone interested in one . Has the 75th stamp on it...

Selling entire sets and subsets as well...LMK if interested...

Also have MARS Attacks and foils for that as well...

Interested in any card just LMK - I will check and send scan and price....

thx
Hustler

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:43:44 AM by Hustler08 »

Offline bigtomi

Re: Topps 75th Anniversary Set
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
I have a box on the way. Looks interesting, but not inexpensive. But, sets on ebay are very reasonable already. For this, I'd rather open some packs, have a display box for my collection and see if I can assemble a set somehow. Just outright buying one would be too boring.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »
Yes, please post a scan. I'd be interested in a Wacky subset - details?

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »
I have a box on the way. Looks interesting, but not inexpensive. But, sets on ebay are very reasonable already. For this, I'd rather open some packs, have a display box for my collection and see if I can assemble a set somehow. Just outright buying one would be too boring.

Dude: I'ts OTAY to be boring sometimes!! I also have the Wacky Foil - Gadzooka for sale?? just PM me I will send a scan!!

FYI: It take 2-3 boxes to get a full set...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »
This is an interesting set but nothing that i would be fond of other than a couple cards. Maybe I'm wrong? So it takes about 3 boxes to complete a base set? These boxes aren't real cheap either. If you want a set you would be better off buying one on ebay. I agree with Tom that this would be better opening packs than buying a base set.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 06:25:12 AM »
This is an interesting set but nothing that i would be fond of other than a couple cards. Maybe I'm wrong? So it takes about 3 boxes to complete a base set? These boxes aren't real cheap either. If you want a set you would be better off buying one on ebay. I agree with Tom that this would be better opening packs than buying a base set.

I totally disagree if you want to spend big bucks - be my guest - I do have the Wacky Pack Card from the set for sale - PM me if interested - I also have the GPK, Mars Attack and Monster Initials - this way you can get the cards you want without shelling out $$ for the ones you don't... ;D ;D ;D - includes Foils as well...they are real nice!!

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Can someone post a picture of this set?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »
Can someone post a picture of this set?
lots of pics on ebay, but I'm not sure I've seen any that actually shows the faces all 100 cards at once. basically it's a set of reprint cards from 100 different Topps sets over the years. Mostly one each of the best reference example from each set.

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2013-Topps-75th-Anniversary-Complete-100-Card-Set-Mini-Buyback-Card-/00/s/MTAxMlgxMTI1/z/2iYAAOxydlFSrhBr/$_57.JPG[/expando]
[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2013-Topps-75th-Anniversary-Complete-100-Card-Set-Mini-Buyback-Card-/00/s/MTAwN1gxMDMz/z/xjYAAOxyRhBSrhBw/$_57.JPG?rt=nc[/expando]

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
The Topps 75th set has stamped buybacks from the 1991 Wacky Packages series.  They're selling pretty cheaply.   I was able to purchase this Badzooka for under $5.  I know buybacks haven't been a favorite of the forum but it's certainly worth grabbing one at the price.

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »
The Topps 75th set has stamped buybacks from the 1991 Wacky Packages series.  They're selling pretty cheaply.   I was able to purchase this Badzooka for under $5.  I know buybacks haven't been a favorite of the forum but it's certainly worth grabbing one at the price.
These have a nice little 75th stamped in silver on them, so that's kind of cool. At least there's some kind of proof with these.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

1991 series? Boy Topps really went all out LOL. This is the least favorite of most Wacky collectors. I don't really care if they have a stamp or not I probably won't be buying. I wish they would have done that with ANS 10 & 11. Probably could have sold them for more money.

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
1991 series? Boy Topps really went all out LOL. This is the least favorite of most Wacky collectors. I don't really care if they have a stamp or not I probably won't be buying. I wish they would have done that with ANS 10 & 11. Probably could have sold them for more money.
You should be ecstatic that they are being dumped into this rather than the next ans set. Could you imagine??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
You should be ecstatic that they are being dumped into this rather than the next ans set. Could you imagine??

Way to put a spin on it :]

anything