Author Topic: Spoilers - Post your 2013 Halloween sketch cards here  (Read 35701 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Spoilers - Post your 2013 Halloween sketch cards here
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
Great cards everyone!! I see you got one of my Killing Sppprreee sketch cards Duznt! congrats!
Here's a Halloween return I painted! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
ebay link -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251370195763

(Image removed from quote.)

That's a nice one. I love the blood! :great:

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 04:21:45 PM »
Maybe it's my monitor, but that Brower sure looks like it's color to me.....
A few shades of gray duznt count

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »
hoping for a color as well, but got a decent pull. loving the Smokin' Joe It Kat.

I feel like the odd man out with the packaging - mine showed up in a nice box.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
A few shades of gray duznt count

that's not what she said!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2013, 05:55:24 PM »
hoping for a color as well, but got a decent pull. loving the Smokin' Joe It Kat.

Yeah, that Smokin' Joe is sweeeet!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 06:20:37 PM »
Yeah, that Smokin' Joe is sweeeet!

The detail is just spectacular.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
I’m enjoying the postcards, and here’s my cool sketch, along with the envelope and an altered image from the reverse

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/H5_zpsf3f3bcd8.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/H6_zps4a13882c.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/Halloweehwpf_zpseff63b9f.png[/expando]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »
I’m enjoying the postcards, and here’s my cool sketch, along with the envelope and an altered image from the reverse

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/H5_zpsf3f3bcd8.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/H6_zps4a13882c.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/Halloweehwpf_zpseff63b9f.png[/expando]

1. Isn't hell a warm place?
2. What is the deal with the far right sketch?

Offline Kook

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2013, 09:40:47 PM »

Mine were shipped in a nice box as well...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2013, 09:47:24 PM »
Mine were shipped in a nice box as well...

I got the envelope as well as others. The posters were in a large sleeve with cardboard backing but the package was bent. Even the cardboard insert was bent. The posters use a thick paper back and all had a wave in the same spot. I think they will flatten in my poster binder (album)  :]

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »
Some more Halloween postcard sketch scans for all of you Halloween postcard sketch fans who can't get enough Halloween postcard sketches!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
Some more Halloween postcard sketch scans for all of you Halloween postcard sketch fans who can't get enough Halloween postcard sketches!

Neil, are those returns or in packs? If they are in packs why don't I ever get your great sketch pulls.the Topps Gods are against me. Those are all stellar.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »
Neil, are those returns or in packs? If they are in packs why don't I ever get your great sketch pulls.the Topps Gods are against me. Those are all stellar.

All from packs. I haven't even gotten to my returns yet. Maybe next Halloween?!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
Agree with bumchex - your Halloween sketches are fantastic! I haven't pulled one yet either, dang it  >(  >:D
A

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
Agree with bumchex - your Halloween sketches are fantastic! I haven't pulled one yet either, dang it  >(  >:D
A

Thanks! It's all about the love of the brand. :love4: You can quote me on that!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »
Those sketches are indeed incredibly great!

p.s. I tried not to say "awesome" :D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »

p.s. I tried not to say "awesome" :D

Considering the word “awesome” means, “inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear”, people do use it waaay too much, including myself. Just how many things in life really create an overwhelming feeling of reverence? I should probably use the word once every couple of years.

I think “awesome” skyrocketed in popularity in conjunction with the word “dude” a few decades ago.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »
Considering the word “awesome” means, “inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear”, people do use it waaay too much, including myself. Just how many things in life really create an overwhelming feeling of reverence? I should probably use the word once every couple of years.

I think “awesome” skyrocketed in popularity in conjunction with the word “dude” a few decades ago.

Totally
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
I'm not surprised these didn't sell out. There are still over 200 sets.
Here is my analysis if it actually holds any water.. HaHa

The sketch market is down big time compared to a year ago, yes there are some players that have left the sketch hobby. This shouldn't change things too much because the bidding is still there although not to the level of a few sketch collectors of the past.
Anyway, that's not really the issue. We got really used to the artists and know what we like. Topps added a few new artists and it changed the dynamics. I know there needs to be some new blood but it's hurting the sketches rather than helping. Its a crazy conundrum. I like some of the new artists but not all are created equal. Even the artists we love compromises on some series. I, myself, want them all to be amazing but from what I've learned is these guys have a ton of stuff to do. It really comes down to Topps. I know they are a business but they might be stretching things too thin and the sketches we love are suffering.
I don't know what these guys get paid for sketches but it has to be better for a better product by Topps. The sketch is the only reason we would buy multiple PC sets. If the quality control is down so are sales.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2013, 05:29:28 AM »
200 sets? Was Topps lying with their email (a few days ago) stating 75 sets remain?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »
200 sets? Was Topps lying with their email (a few days ago) stating 75 sets remain?

That was for the Halloween posters, not the Limited Edition postcard sets.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »
So, Topps finally got me my second order, and I'm much happier with these, some different artists and titles, although I still seem to be getting multiples of the same titles.  The Gambino It Kat Scratch card cracks me up!  And the color Smokin' Joe It Kat looks fantastic in person.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:53:08 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
So, Topps finally got me my second order, and I'm much happier with these, some different artists and titles, although I still seem to be getting multiples of the same titles.  The Gambino It Kat Scratch card cracks me up!  And the color Smokin' Joe It Kat looks fantastic in person.

Much better! Plus you pulled a color which makes up for the first batch.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »

That color It Kat is a real killer!!!
Out of my first 6 (not 3 as I earlier wrote) packs I got 3 It Kats, 2 by Simko. Will post soon.
A
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:10:18 AM by Alexeirex »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »
Here's a couple of Halloweens I just finished: "Marrow Cup" (complete with pearly whites) & "Evil It Kat Eye"!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
Here's a couple of Halloweens I just finished: "Marrow Cup" (complete with pearly whites) & "Evil It Kat Eye"!

Fantastic Job! I wish I had some extra money now! Dang X-Mas...LOL

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »
I have a suggestion for the next round of Halloween postcards:  Since many of us buy three sets to get a full set of bio cards and a group of sketches, how about Topps offering a "mega-set" for the postcards that includes the following:

1 set of ltd. signed postcards
1 set of 6 bio cards
1 set of bonus cards (including the one put in the regular edition postcard set)
1 set of 3 sketches that are sorted so that there are no duplicates in terms of the character shown.

I personally would love to have this option, so I don't have to trade around to get the bio card set and don't end up with a duplicate sketch I have to sell on ebay (assuming it's worth enough to bother selling on ebay).  Topps could still sell the individual postcard sets, but they could have maybe 50 or so of these mega-sets as well.  Now that they're creating larger quantities, there's enough sketches to do both.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »
I have a suggestion for the next round of Halloween postcards:  Since many of us buy three sets to get a full set of bio cards and a group of sketches, how about Topps offering a "mega-set" for the postcards that includes the following:

1 set of 6 bio cards
1 set of bonus cards (including the one put in the regular edition postcard set)
1 set of 3 sketches that are sorted so that there are no duplicates in terms of the character shown.

I personally would love to have this option, so I don't have to trade around to get the bio card set and don't end up with a duplicate sketch I have to sell on ebay (assuming it's worth enough to bother selling on ebay).  Topps could still sell the individual postcard sets, but they could have maybe 50 or so of these mega-sets as well.  Now that they're creating larger quantities, there's enough sketches to do both.

I would defintely be in favor of such a "mega" or "master set" option for the Postcard sets. On the Halloween Postcard sets, I like to try to get one sketch of each of the new titles. So I would even go a step further and suggest one sketch card for each new title from a random assortment from the various artists involved. I like to trade as much as the next person, but for the small sized Postcard sets, its kinda a nuasance to trade for the bio cards. An people simply aren't trading sketch cards.  I can't speak for others but I would be willing to pay a premium price for such a "master set", say in the $300 ball park.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

1 set of 6 bio cards

Cool idea! I'll definitely pass your suggestion along!

And while we're waiting, here's another Halloween return card, "Blooperfingers"!

Offline ClubbedCanadian

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

And while we're waiting, here's another Halloween return card, "Blooperfingers"!

Wow that is a sweet sketch!

Offline ClubbedCanadian

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »

1 set of 6 bio cards

YES! great idea.
This was the worst year yet for issues with this set and i'm not buying them from Topps anymore otherwise.
My order was a mess and Topps took a week to sort it out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »

What the heck is blooperfingers? Is there something I missed with PCs?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2013, 04:37:20 AM »
What the heck is blooperfingers? Is there something I missed with PCs?

For shame, Brad! Maybe this handy reference chart will help  ;):

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
For shame, Brad! Maybe this handy reference chart will help  ;):

HaHa, I know there is a Butcherfingers buy why did you call this Blooperfingers? I must be missing the gag?  :]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »
HaHa, I know there is a Butcherfingers buy why did you call this Blooperfingers? I must be missing the gag?  :]

It's a Wonky Package!