Author Topic: NEW TOPPS.COM "ARTISTS ON DEMAND" CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM!  (Read 90931 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: NEW TOPPS.COM "ARTISTS ON DEMAND" CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM!
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »
...and if you try to buy any of them you cannot leave the Name space blank, nor will they actually be added to your shopping cart. (Sold Out?)

You're right, the Add to Bag function doesn't seem to function, not matter what you do

I think whoever did this web page changeover had too much to drink last night

Offline Coorpse Light

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
You're right, the Add to Bag function doesn't seem to function, not matter what you do

I think whoever did this web page changeover had too much to drink last night

I truly hope all is well besides an unfortunate website error. I was planning on ordering a Sketch card from each artist by August 31st.
If the real "On-Demand" sketches are discontinued, it would at least be nice to not vandalize a completed pre-production sketch by adding a name somewhere to the card after the art has already been completed.

Offline Coorpse Light

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2013, 05:43:37 PM »
Also, The Simko color is/was up at $350 instead of $250? That was "Brent Engstrom" Artist-of-the-month pricing.

I'm so confused. :17:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:46:11 PM by Coorpse Light »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »
The uglies are meant to go through august, it must be a hiccup
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »
After a second look, the web page works, and you are able to add these to your cart.

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/artist-on-demand-store.html

Before you click the "Add to Bag" button, fill in all of the required fields, which includes these four

Personalize: Enter your name here

And these three at the bottom of the page

Name

Title

Review

When I did this, I was able to add these sketches to my cart

(An error message that tells us we did not fill in all the required fields would be helpful…)

Offline Coorpse Light

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
Still very strange. I placed an order with Jean Nutty's instructions listed above and the 1/1 card is still up for sale.

Are a bunch of customers going to just have these specific characters for sketches? Was kinda' hoping for the actual 1/1 card pictured.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:04:03 PM by Coorpse Light »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2013, 07:42:53 AM »

(An error message that tells us we did not fill in all the required fields would be helpful…)

you mean something in addition to the little red text that shows up under every incomplete field stating "This is a required field"?

I've seen another error message as well, a light blue bar with white text that disappears after few seconds. I think that one is for trying to order more than are available

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
you mean something in addition to the little red text that shows up under every incomplete field stating "This is a required field"?

I've seen another error message as well, a light blue bar with white text that disappears after few seconds. I think that one is for trying to order more than are available

I see that, in small red font next to the fields at the bottom of the page. You need to scroll down to the review section to see it. I think a pop up message would be clearer.

I think most customers will ignore the “review” section at the bottom. It’s interesting that a customer is in the process of purchasing artwork, and they want the customer to review it. If someone is purchasing art, I think that means they like it. Or maybe Topps is giving us a venue to complain about pricing?

BTW, isn’t using the term “pre-production” for artwork an oxymoron?      :D 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
I see that, in small red font next to the fields at the bottom of the page. You need to scroll down to the review section to see it. I think a pop up message would be clearer.

I think most customers will ignore the “review” section at the bottom. It’s interesting that a customer is in the process of purchasing artwork, and they want the customer to review it. If someone is purchasing art, I think that means they like it. Or maybe Topps is giving us a venue to complain about pricing?

BTW, isn’t using the term “pre-production” for artwork an oxymoron?      :D 

I prefer that there be a red note next to every required field on the entry screen itself - then I don't miss anything to start with.

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »
I prefer that there be a red note next to every required field on the entry screen itself - then I don't miss anything to start with.
agree.

little tiny text that only shows after you thought you've filled everything out. pretty much any other site has an asterix or something to show required fields.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 01:29:14 PM »
Has anyone gotten any AOD's back?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 03:04:32 PM »
Has anyone gotten any AOD's back?

I thought ity said, up to 45 days?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »
I believe it does but I wasn't sure if Topps would have rushed any out to get some excitement rolling.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
I believe it does but I wasn't sure if Topps would have rushed any out to get some excitement rolling.

I spit my OJ when i read this...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »

Since it appears the sketches have been drawn, and all that is needed is to add the “personalized name”, maybe it will be sooner?

I assume the “personalized name” is for giving the ugly character a name. Since it’s is a required field, I guess you cannot ask for a sketch without text.

Can anyone share how they personalized their sketch? (Sorry if this is too personal... just ignore me please)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
Since it appears the sketches have been drawn, and all that is needed is to add the “personalized name”, maybe it will be sooner?

I assume the “personalized name” is for giving the ugly character a name. Since it’s is a required field, I guess you cannot ask for a sketch without text.

Can anyone share how they personalized their sketch? (Sorry if this is too personal... just ignore me please)

I said no name. I don't want them personalized if I ever want to sell them.

Offline quas

« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

I just used the first name of the artist.
Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
interesting - an AOD combo sketches. Neil Camera / Joe Simko and Smokin's Joe / Joe Simko

[expando]https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/1174643_712529322095705_1267100551_n.jpg[/expando][expando]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1185608_712534535428517_2123758235_n.jpg[/expando]

looks like Nutty Initials might be next up....

[expando]https://sphotos-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1176333_712701605411810_1011036318_n.jpg[/expando]

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nuttyinitials
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:20:15 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2013, 04:25:30 AM »
I said no name. I don't want them personalized if I ever want to sell them.

You might just get one with "No Name" added on it!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2013, 07:38:39 AM »
You might just get one with "No Name" added on it!!

I sure hope not. If so I will be returning them. I think the artists are smart enough to figure that out.

Offline Coorpse Light

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
I sure hope not. If so I will be returning them. I think the artists are smart enough to figure that out.

:P

Offline Coorpse Light

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
 On a very good note, writing reviews is no longer a requirement to purchase a card.  :great:
Unfortunately, the name field is still a requirement.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:33:05 PM by Coorpse Light »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2013, 04:04:55 AM »
Mike Jaspersen asked me to post this update:

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE ARTISTS ON DEMAND CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM

(Effective 8/20/13)

Topps has made some small revisions to our program to make Artists On Demand custom sketch cards even better! Beginning August 20, 2013, Topps will offer many of its AOD sketch cards in a ready-made format, directly from the Artists On Demand Store (http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/artist-on-demand-store.html). Each card is an original hand-drawn illustration and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will still be able have your card personalized (up to 15 characters) by the artist. Orders placed before 8/20/13, will be processed as per the original program plan.

Here are some key advantages to the revised Artists on Demand program:

1) What you see is what you get (If you like it, you buy it!)

2) Simple one-step purchasing! No need to navigate through a series of menus.

3) Shorter wait times for your sketch card(s)!

4) Every sketch card is available for customizing with a name of your choice!

In the future, we will continue to evaluate our program so that we can offer you the best options for ordering Artists on Demand Custom Sketch Cards, “The Best Sketch Cards on Earth!” Feel free to contact us at aod@topps.com with your comments and suggestions. -- MJ

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2013, 07:17:43 AM »

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE ARTISTS ON DEMAND CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM

Thanks for the update. You know how we are here – dissecting everything to the Nth degree, and always appreciate details. Which of course spawns more questions and speculation.     :D

Since the “personalization” will change the card’s appearance, it would helpful to see an example of one of these personalized sketches on the Topps website. I’m having difficulty imagining what they will look like – how they text will be incorporated into the sketch. Will a white balloon thingy be added? How it’s done would change what text I requested.

Like this one, I can’t imagine how additional text, as many as 15 characters, would be incorporated

Wow, many cool new sketches on the link!

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
Like this one, I can’t imagine how additional text, as many as 15 characters, would be incorporated
I can only speculate that the personalization is done on the back of the card and not in the sketch.
As you say, there just isn't room.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:P

This is what a personalized card would look like.

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the update. You know how we are here – dissecting everything to the Nth degree, and always appreciate details. Which of course spawns more questions and speculation.     :D

Since the “personalization” will change the card’s appearance, it would helpful to see an example of one of these personalized sketches on the Topps website. I’m having difficulty imagining what they will look like – how they text will be incorporated into the sketch. Will a white balloon thingy be added? How it’s done would change what text I requested.

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow, many cool new sketches on the link!

Here are a few ways this particular sketch card could be customized... and may I remind you that we Ugly artists are geniuseses, and can find ways to do just about anything... my particular genius shows up when I over-flow my drawing / painting into the space reserved for customizing...truly the mark of one thinking WAY ahead.... obviously genius.

Smokin' Joe

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
Here are a few ways this particular sketch card could be customized... and may I remind you that we Ugly artists are geniuseses, and can find ways to do just about anything... my particular genius shows up when I over-flow my drawing / painting into the space reserved for customizing...truly the mark of one thinking WAY ahead.... obviously genius.

Thanks for that Joe! It really brings home to some of us less creative types, what you are capable of. Some of us think only in terms of white space when considering adding  something to a completed work. I think it would be cool, on this particualr piece, to have the name rendered in eyeball veins.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:25:34 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
Thanks for that Joe! It really brings home to some of us less creative types, what you are capable of. Some of us think only in terms of white space when considering adding  something to a completed work. I think it would be cool, on this particualr piece, to have the name rendered in eyeball veins.
   Yes, eyeball veins would be a great way to customEYES this sketch!
Smokin' Joe

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »

Yes, eyeball veins would be a great way to customEYES this sketch!

Touche...  :^)   Now EYE have to go BROWS  some more posts
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:38:46 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »

Touche...  :^)   Now EYE have to go BROWS  some more posts

A cornea pun I couldn't think of.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
A cornea pun I couldn't think of.

If I don't watch what I'm doing, sometimes I paint myself into a cornea.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »
Fred as long as you don't accidentally paint your cornea the Wacky community will be happy.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »
If I don't watch what I'm doing, sometimes I paint myself into a cornea.

Make sure to leave a cornea of the sketch card open for the name.