Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards  (Read 49272 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:57 AM »
I did a few with Human characters, but none directly from the card. I wanted it to be a continuing story, and since his exploits of pick pocketing the guy on the card were already documented, I wanted to come up with 50 other scenarios.
Cool, thanks!  Now I know not to look for something that isn't out there.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
Sent in response to Koduck's post - I forgot to hit reply with quote...

I think I have Mr Preservative. I'll have to scan my keeper set & post it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:24:44 AM by billf »

Offline Kook-Aid

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
My Sketch Card From The Series 5 Postcard Set!!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
Run, butter, run!  LOL.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Kook-Aid

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Cool isnt it???

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
Cool isnt it???

Very cool.  I like it a lot.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Kook-Aid

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
Make me an offer anyone.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
I'm really digging my "Days of Our Loaves" sketch, wouldn't trade that for anything.

I agree, that one is cool too!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
Make me an offer anyone.
I sent you an email
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 10:27:43 AM »
[spoiler]

Stench Berries - Love how colorful this one is. The little stenchies are so cool - I love Wackys where the product themselves are little monster type creatures.

Klepto - Great color on this one too. Love the concept of the pink grabbing hand.

Wander - Funny concept. Love the Wonder logo color dots incorporated as toes in the Wander logo. The guy is too funny in his polka dot shorts! Oh and I love Mark's cartoon (color rough?) version also. Hope to see more of those in future sets.

Taco Bill - made me laugh! The combination of the duck (who looks very familiar by the way) and the gunk in the product's beak is great.

Tombs' - Love the packaging - the cello looks nice, as does the fine detailing of the caskets' wood grain.

Speed Lick - Love the cat! Funny Wacky.

Gaggin' - Another wild and colorful one. Like the play on "Purina" (pure-reflex) and it's logo.

Glad to see the small Wacky size versions of the postcards included in the set again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great reviews. And yes, Neil (awesome guy) was nice enough to give me my own artist card, even though it's only of a rough of Wander. It's definitely different.
(I had trouble quoting a spolier and trying to put my comments as another spolier but also outside the quote box!)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:03:52 PM by Gurgle »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 05:49:50 PM »
I would like to summarize the different sketches for Series 5.  Can anyone add to this list..........

Klepto (w/pink)
Tombs (b&w)
Wander (b&w)
Speed Lick (b&w)
Wander (colored)
Stench Berries
Gaggin Strips
Gaggin' Berries (combo)

Offline Kook

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 06:20:31 PM »
I would like to summarize the different sketches for Series 5.  Can anyone add to this list..........

Klepto (w/pink)
Tombs (b&w)
Wander (b&w)
Speed Lick (b&w)
Wander (colored)
Stench Berries
Gaggin Strips
Gaggin' Berries (combo)

That's everything on my list
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:25:35 PM by billf »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
looks complete to me.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:52 PM »
I would like to summarize the different sketches for Series 5.  Can anyone add to this list..........

Klepto (w/pink)
Tombs (b&w)
Wander (b&w)
Speed Lick (b&w)
Wander (colored)
Stench Berries
Gaggin Strips
Gaggin' Berries (combo)

Is gaggin berries combo a gaggin berries with special wording or is it a true combo of art from multiple titles?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
The gaggin dog is spitting out Crunch berries form the Stench card on all I have seen.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »
Is gaggin berries combo a gaggin berries with special wording or is it a true combo of art from multiple titles?

Hi Ernie,

If I remember correctly, most of the gaggin berries combos have the dog wearing the cap'n hat, coughing up berries. And a few of these also have anecdotal blurbs - really funny stuff!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 05:49:21 AM »
Hi Ernie,

If I remember correctly, most of the gaggin berries combos have the dog wearing the cap'n hat, coughing up berries. And a few of these also have anecdotal blurbs - really funny stuff!
I have one where the dog is coughing up berries, but he's not wearing a hat, and there's no blurb.  I really like it, it's basically a Gaggin' sketch with a little bonus!

Offline Kook

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »
Is this not a combo sketch? I have a gaggin sketch with & without the berries. I would think the one with the berries is a combo...
Also, is there an approximate breakdown of the 50 sketches between gaggin, stench berries & combos?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:45 AM »
That's right! Some of the gaggin dog's aren't wearing hats! And some of them aren't coughing berries...

So, that would make, let's see (gotta get my calculator for this one)...

50 different combinations!!! ;)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »
In all seriousness, breaking down the sketch cards into groups is really tricky. Some of the artists choose to draw just one character, and others do a few variations. And some make every card unique.

Which leads me to my next question:

Would you prefer to see more uniformity in the sketch cards (one character per artist) or do you prefer variations?

Maybe it's time for a poll?!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »
I have one where the dog is coughing up berries, but he's not wearing a hat, and there's no blurb.  I really like it, it's basically a Gaggin' sketch with a little bonus!

That's what I have to.  Mine has the dog (no hat) coughing up the cereal and it reads "Gag Berries", so I consider it a combo or hybrid title.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »
In all seriousness, breaking down the sketch cards into groups is really tricky. Some of the artists choose to draw just one character, and others do a few variations. And some make every card unique.

Would you prefer to see more uniformity in the sketch cards (one character per artist) or do you prefer variations?

My personal feeling on it Neil is I wouldn't deviate too much from the last two series, except I would make a minimum of a certain variation (like the combos) at like 10.  I think if it's 5 or less everyone that REALLY wants one won't have a realistic shot of getting one.  I think a total of 7 variations is fine.  I guess series 5 had 8 total because of the colored Wander, but some may not collect color variations. 

I'd be curious how others felt though, and it's super cool of you that you care enough to ask our opinion!

Offline Kook

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »
Hi Rob,
I like the idea of having 10 sketches in a category. It does make it more realistic to trade & get a "type" set. What is your opinion about the gaggin sketch with berries coming out? All the gaggin sketches I've seen mostly don't have the berries. I think I've only seen 2 with the berries. Did you get any feedback about the qty of combos in series 5 vs series 4?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »
Hi Rob,
I like the idea of having 10 sketches in a category. It does make it more realistic to trade & get a "type" set. What is your opinion about the gaggin sketch with berries coming out? All the gaggin sketches I've seen mostly don't have the berries. I think I've only seen 2 with the berries. Did you get any feedback about the qty of combos in series 5 vs series 4?

I would say if it has the cereal pieces coming out of the dogs mouth that look just like the cereal in Stench Berries than it should be considered a combo.  Smokin Joe said he only did around 5 similar combos in series 4 and based on what we've seen in so far I wouldn't be surprised if he only did around 5 "Gaggin Berries" .  I love that term "Gaggin Berries"!  I think Elizabeth used it in an email and it works perfectly.

Maybe Neil can touch base with Joe and get approximations like we got for series 4.  

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

Personally, I enjoy the variation. I would think it would be more fun for the artists that way, and it also makes it more fun for me to view. But I don't collect sketch "variations." I get my one sketch and I'm happy. I could see it being frustrating for those who have the urge to collect or categorize the different types of sketches.

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
That's right! Some of the gaggin dog's aren't wearing hats! And some of them aren't coughing berries...

Mine is number 174 and is the gaggin dog exactly as is on the bonus card. no deviation.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

So there are 50 base gaggins, some of which have cross over elements, correct?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
So there are 50 base gaggins, some of which have cross over elements, correct?
No, I think Smokin' Joe did 50 sketches total, and some are Stench Berries, some are Gaggin' Strips, and some are crossovers.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »
Hi Rob,
Too many loosely defined nuances will lead to less uniformity in what defines a set.  I think I am going to try to get a Gaggin and call it a day, I am not compelled to get one with berries and one without.  I feel the same way about color.  A person may decide they want one color in their collection but there is only one Wander Category.  there are some non signed sketches out there too.  Is everyone going to try to get one non-signed, one color and one of each category?  The vaguer, the more frustrating.

However, artists are creative by nature so not sure I want to stifle the creativity.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »
No, I think Smokin' Joe did 50 sketches total, and some are Stench Berries, some are Gaggin' Strips, and some are crossovers.
Ugh, what is the breakdown again, 5 artists did 50 each?

Tombs
Gaggin/Stench/Gaggin with berries
Catlicks
Arm grabbers
Wander

Variations: color, artist signature

does the above look correct?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
Too many loosely defined nuances will lead to less uniformity in what defines a set.  I think I am going to try to get a Gaggin and call it a day, I am not compelled to get one with berries and one without.  I feel the same way about color.  A person may decide they want one color in their collection but there is only one Wander Category.  there are some non signed sketches out there too.  Is everyone going to try to get one non-signed, one color and one of each category?  The vaguer, the more frustrating.

However, artists are creative by nature so not sure I want to stifle the creativity.
I really enjoy the creativity, but I did struggle over the question of whether to attempt to get one of each 'type' sketch.  I really started pursuing different sketches with series 3.  Someday I hope to get my missing series 1 and 2 sets, as I did not get all three sketch titles in those.  With series 4, the format changed to five artists, so I went for one from each, and I have a 9 to Life sketch from Smokin' Joe, no Hoppy Meal or combo, and I'm fine with that.  That's my aim this time, as well, with one exception - I traded an extra set for Stench Berries, because I really love cereal Wackys, and I'm planning on keeping the Gaggin' combo I pulled, it's really nice.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »

Tombs
Catlicks
Arm grabbers
Wander

That's my understanding.  Each artist did 50 sketches, and only Smokin' Joe did sketches of more than one title.  I wouldn't consider a little color or a missing signature as another 'variation' to pursue, but perhaps some will.  Similarly, there are different Wanders and Tombs, but since each Wander/Tombs is the same artist and Wacky title, I'm OK with one from each artist (although I'd love to get my hands on Dough-Boy!!).  I just really like having something each artist did by hand.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:57:19 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »

Tombs
Catlicks
Arm grabbers
Wander

Here it is again Ernie, and I added quantities but the Smokin' Joe ones are estimates based on what he did last year.......

Klepto (w/pink) = 50
Tombs (b&w) = 50
Wander (b&w) = 40
Wander (colored) = (10, totally a guess)
Speed Lick (b&w) = 50
Stench Berries (b&w) = 22
Gaggin Strips (b&w) = 22
Gaggin' Berries (combo) = 6

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »
That's my understanding.  Each artist did 50 sketches, and only Smokin' Joe did sketches of more than one title.  I wouldn't consider a little color or a missing signature as another 'variation' to pursue, but perhaps some will.  Similarly, there are different Wanders and Tombs, but since each Wander/Tombs is the same artist and Wacky title, I'm OK with one from each artist (although I'd love to get my hands on Dough-Boy!!).  I just really like having something each artist did by hand.

I feel the same way about the art variations.  One example of each is what I went after.  There are too many variations in the art so it's impossible to chase them all. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
I feel the same way about the art variations.  One example of each is what I went after.  There are too many variations in the art so it's impossible to chase them all. 
Did you go for a Stench Berries, Gaggin' and combo, or just a combo?