Author Topic: ANS1 Sealed Boxes for Sale  (Read 4081 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
ANS1 Sealed Boxes for Sale
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:53:10 PM »
I just listed some on eBay. I think I have around 25 boxes or so. I need to start getting rid of some stuff. Here is the auction. I will sell them to forum members for $30 each plus priority shipping. Depending on how many boxes you want I'll figure the shipping separately.
eBay auction: #330859860837

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: ANS1 Sealed Boxes for Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
I still have boxes for sale. I think I paid around $29 plus shipping for these 5 years ago. I need to clear out some space. I also have unopened boxes for ANS 2-6. I also have some flashback boxes along with one of those series 2 table displays with 2 unopened boxes. I don't think I have ever taken it out of the shipping box. I have quite a few early series blister packs as well. Red and yellow binders, 1990's sticker books, & some of those Blockbuster cardboard blisters. Just let me know what you need. I'm not looking to make a profit. Just need to clear some stuff out and not lose money. Lets not forget Target and Walmart boxes.
I need room for more binders...LOL

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »
That's the problem with salting away ANS stuff...a good portion of people here did the same, so who are the buyers? Greg has a whole wall of this stuff. I hope you can move it but I can't figure out to whom.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
That's the problem with salting away ANS stuff...a good portion of people here did the same, so who are the buyers? Greg has a whole wall of this stuff. I hope you can move it but I can't figure out to whom.
Exactly.  Trying to "not lose money" might not even be a realistic goal with a lot of this ANS stuff.  ANS2 and ANS3 boxes, for example, are literally not even worth what it costs to ship them!  Nobody is buying older ANS stuff it seems.  Instead everyone is trying to unload it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:48:45 PM by Shrunken Donuts »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »

You might be right. I bought about 30 ANS1 boxes after they were sold out and a couple sellers seemed to have a large supply of them. I thought, at the time, this could be worth more than the other series in the future. I may have to wait another 20 years..LOL. The other boxes I only have a couple of each so its not a huge issue. I'm thinking there are some collectors that are looking for unopened stuff for their own collection. Could be collectors that didn't start until recent. Who knows?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
Find some kids who would appreciate them and let them enjoy opening them.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
Find some kids who would appreciate them and let them enjoy opening them.

I have done that already with about 8 boxes. I think I posted a video on here a few years ago.

Guys, its not like I'm desperate to sell these boxes. I'm just offering them if anyone has some holes.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »
I may have to wait another 20 years...LOL

As long as the supply is around age doesn't matter. Check how much a 1989 baseball set is worth at almost 25 years old....

anything