Author Topic: OLDS 4 Ludlow Variations  (Read 7952 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
OLDS 4 Ludlow Variations
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »
If you are interested in a lud variation set I need to know what backs you have. I may be able to fill either 4 wish lists or more depending on the backs you need. Send me a list if you are interested. I don't know what to charge but I would assume around $50 would be the right value. That would be cheaper than buying one more box of cards and a Lud set recently sold for $47 on ebay. I don't think you will be able to fill your lud variations any cheaper. I opened 15 boxes last week and almost completed a lud variation set. I just finished opening 23 boxes and got all the lud variations I was missing in the first 15 boxes. I didn't get any variations with the 23 boxes. This is really crazy.

PM me your lists of your lud backs by the number of camels on the back. I will only sell a whole set and not fill.
Also if you are interested in the lud variation wrappers and promo's I would do $25 for those 2 sets. I haven't sorted those so I don't know what I have available so it's on a first come basis.

Offline ratchet007

Re: OLDS 4 Ludlow Variations
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »
If you are interested in a lud variation set I need to know what backs you have. I may be able to fill either 4 wish lists or more depending on the backs you need. Send me a list if you are interested. I don't know what to charge but I would assume around $50 would be the right value. That would be cheaper than buying one more box of cards and a Lud set recently sold for $47 on ebay. I don't think you will be able to fill your lud variations any cheaper. I opened 15 boxes last week and almost completed a lud variation set. I just finished opening 23 boxes and got all the lud variations I was missing in the first 15 boxes. I didn't get any variations with the 23 boxes. This is really crazy.

PM me your lists of your lud backs by the number of camels on the back. I will only sell a whole set and not fill.
Also if you are interested in the lud variation wrappers and promo's I would do $25 for those 2 sets. I haven't sorted those so I don't know what I have available so it's on a first come basis.

I really want someone to explain WHAT THE HELL THE VARIATION IS!!! Then I would know if I had any. If I missed the explanation then I apologize for this mini-rant.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
I really want someone to explain WHAT THE HELL THE VARIATION IS!!! Then I would know if I had any. If I missed the explanation then I apologize for this mini-rant.

I'm with ya, I want to see it too.  :41:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »

It's just the positioning of the camel pattern on the back.  Get your luds sorted by title, and compare all your examples of a specific title - you might find you have both back possibilities.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »
Rawgoo has it exactly right. There are 2 different camel backs to each lid sticker. So if you don't have any back variations and you have a set of Luds then I can help you if you want a variation set. It's only the backs of the cards and not the actual sticker.
I helped to complete one members request today. I'm sure there will be a few others but be warned I only have a few different variation cards so it all depends on the variation you need.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:37 PM »
Rawgoo has it exactly right. There are 2 different camel backs to each lid sticker. So if you don't have any back variations and you have a set of Luds then I can help you if you want a variation set. It's only the backs of the cards and not the actual sticker.
I helped to complete one members request today. I'm sure there will be a few others but be warned I only have a few different variation cards so it all depends on the variation you need.

I think they might be looking for scans showing examples of maybe a title or two.  I just checked mine and they are all the same so I can't help them with scans.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
OK, here is an example of the Ludlow variations:

Card Front - identical.

Card Back - Different Camel layout on each card.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »

Card Front - identical.

IF THIS IS WHAT IS CONSIDERED A VARIATION THAN I'M HAVING LESS FUN THAN A BARREL FULL OF FLUNKIES
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:01 PM »
IF THIS IS WHAT IS CONSIDERED A VARIATION THAN I'M HAVING LESS FUN THAN A BARREL FULL OF FLUNKIES

If I started collecting these I would have to go back to 1973 series 1 and 2 and look for those Ludlow position variations as well, and I ain't doing that!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
If I started collecting these I would have to go back to 1973 series 1 and 2 and look for those Ludlow position variations as well, and I ain't doing that!

Nah, there are just two lud variations for each title in Old School 3 and 4.  It was fun in Old School 3, you could pull two different lud backs of a title fairly easily.  That's when forum members like Monsterettes did the work of creating a list distinguishing the back variations based upon camels.  Thus ensued some fun and challenging trading based upon camel counts for that last sticker or two you needed for your variation set.  As I recall, mine was a Six Dollar Man sticker.

Unfortunately, this time we're seeing people with more than 10 boxes not getting a single lud variation.  So, who is going to be able to create a list this time?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
Nah, there are just two lud variations for each title in Old School 3 and 4. 

I'm really confused, looking at the 18 luds from my box, there appear to be at least 5 different style backs. Are we saying there just happen to be exactly two variants of each title?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
I'm really confused, looking at the 18 luds from my box, there appear to be at least 5 different style backs. Are we saying there just happen to be exactly two variants of each title?

Yes, OS3 was the same way. They purposefully printed the titles so there would be two different ludlow backs for each title.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »
Yes, OS3 was the same way. They purposefully printed the titles so there would be two different ludlow backs for each title.
Are you doing a list?

Offline Final Step

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:13 AM »

Card Front - identical.

I only have the Beetmans on the left side.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:56:34 AM »
It's just the positioning of the camel pattern on the back.  Get your luds sorted by title, and compare all your examples of a specific title - you might find you have both back possibilities.

Nope, nothing different on my cards.  No Ludlow variations.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »
Are you doing a list?

Of course! My OCD kicks in when such a situation arises.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
There are many possible camel combinations when you look at the backs of all the different stickers.  The "two variants" apply to the different number of camels on the back of the *same* title.  In other words, with the Beetman example Brad posted you have one version where the camel's head is cut off on the top, and then one version where the camel's feet are cut off on the bottom. So those are the two variations for Beetman.  Hmmm,  I'm not sure this is clear enough to help clarify!

Offline Final Step

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
There are many possible camel combinations when you look at the backs of all the different stickers.  The "two variants" apply to the different number of camels on the back of the *same* title.  In other words, with the Beetman example Brad posted you have one version where the camel's head is cut off on the top, and then one version where the camel's feet are cut off on the bottom. So those are the two variations for Beetman.  Hmmm,  I'm not sure this is clear enough to help clarify!

Couldn't be any clearer!!!!!!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »
Of course! My OCD kicks in when such a situation arises.
You did yeoman's work on OS3!  I'm afraid I can't help carry the banner on OS4, since I didn't get any of the variations, alas.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

Dude,

So what's the deal with the Sweet Tar Lud - i have the camel in the middle...is that the tough one you mentioned?? can't remeber..

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 06:38:32 PM »
Dude,

So what's the deal with the Sweet Tar Lud - i have the camel in the middle...is that the tough one you mentioned?? can't remeber..

I don't think there is a variation for sweetar. I haven't seen one yet and I have variations for all the other cards.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
I don't think there is a variation for sweetar. I haven't seen one yet and I have variations for all the other cards.

If so, I guess that’s technically an error?

That would be a mean trick to play on die hard complete-ists, variations made for all titles except one

You could restick a Sweetar and tell your friends you pulled the only variation made, which was manufactured by accident