Author Topic: Fool-Aid items for sale  (Read 9073 times)

Offline Fool-Aid

Fool-Aid items for sale
« on: October 30, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
2012 Halloween Camera Hounds Sketch, $75 shipped, pm if interested:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:18:29 PM by Fool-Aid »

Offline Fool-Aid

Re: Fool-Aid items for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
Hounds sketch has been sold.

Here are some misc sketches I have available:

The 2011 Halloween sketches by Engstrom $20 each/obo ********* Hari Boo has been sold!
PC8 by Smokin Joe $25/obo
Old School sketches all 3 for $20 or $10 each obo
Simko 2012 Halloween bio card $5
2 2012 Halloween postcard sets no bios with TS16 included $10 each set
3 PC 8 wtih 6 cards and envelope $7 each set

All prices include shipping

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:14:44 PM by Fool-Aid »

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
More sketches:

Old School 2 Parisi Blunder $30/obo  ********************Parisi Blunder has been sold...
PC 7 by Camera $20/obo
All other Old School 2 sketches $7 each or all for 4 for $25/obo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:45:43 PM by Fool-Aid »

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »

Smokin Joe sketch $85.00 shipped
Wheaton sketch $55 shipped

Would sell both together for $130 shipped

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
Smokin Joe sketch $85.00 shipped
Wheaton sketch $55 shipped

Would sell both together for $130 shipped

PM Sent
Marc

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »
PM Sent

Thanks the sketches have both been sold.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »

I have decided to sell my set of binders in their original shipped box. This box has not been opened and hopefully you can tell from the pictures and or my reputation.  If they don't sell I will probably just keep them sealed because part of me just wants to keep them as I do like the artwork on the covers from the pictures I have seen and just maybe I will finally get my first color sketch.

I will be also focusing on my originals and packs and some other oddball items that got me here in the first place. So over the summer I will be thinning out most of my ANS stuff. I will probably keep at least one set of everything I have acquired and the rest will be sold and or donated to forum members.

Looking for $400/obo shipped priority with tracking.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
I have decided to sell my set of binders in their original shipped box. This box has not been opened and hopefully you can tell from the pictures and or my reputation.  If they don't sell I will probably just keep them sealed because part of me just wants to keep them as I do like the artwork on the covers from the pictures I have seen and just maybe I will finally get my first color sketch.

I will be also focusing on my originals and packs and some other oddball items that got me here in the first place. So over the summer I will be thinning out most of my ANS stuff. I will probably keep at least one set of everything I have acquired and the rest will be sold and or donated to forum members.

Looking for $400/obo shipped priority with tracking.

I'm a little out of the loop on binder resell prices.......are people actually getting higher than retail on these already?  I have my set of binders for sale on ebay (minus the puzzle cards) and there doesn't seem to be much action on it.  There's one bid at $65.00 so far.  Are the cards selling for more than the binders?

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »
I'm a little out of the loop on binder resell prices.......are people actually getting higher than retail on these already?  I have my set of binders for sale on ebay (minus the puzzle cards) and there doesn't seem to be much action on it.  There's one bid at $65.00 so far.  Are the cards selling for more than the binders?

I think it's still too early to tell. A lot of people probably don't search ebay for binders specifically. I still think a lot of people don't know about them yet.

I know two sets have sold for $350 each on ebay.

Offline Kook

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
I'm a little out of the loop on binder resell prices.......are people actually getting higher than retail on these already?  I have my set of binders for sale on ebay (minus the puzzle cards) and there doesn't seem to be much action on it.  There's one bid at $65.00 so far.  Are the cards selling for more than the binders?

I ended up breaking even, as did a couple of others here who mentioned their results. There was VERY LITTLE interest in either the puzzles or binders at all. I received a couple of offers in the $130 to $150 range for the 4 binders & similar offers for the puzzles. I found the interest in both about as equally lackluster.

I tested higher prices & breaking up the binders & puzzles to individual auctions, and there was ZERO interest in the higher prices or in buying these items piecemeal.  As Brad mentioned, a couple of people who listed BuyItNow in the $375 to $400 range sold for about $350. I think $385 was the highest ebay price realized so far - within a day or 2 of release. IMO, a buy it now in the $175 to $200 range with best offer option will probably yield you a $150 offer, or hopefully, a little better.

I had originally held Brad's belief that if I had an extra set, and resold it, it would provide some cash to offset the high $260 price on my keeper set and as a bonus, you could pick the better sketch. Going forward, I think the only benefit you will have is picking the better sketch, and you'll be lucky to break even.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »

I had originally held Brad's belief that if I had an extra set, and resold it, it would provide some cash to offset the high $260 price on my keeper set and as a bonus, you could pick the better sketch. Going forward, I think the only benefit you will have is picking the better sketch, and you'll be lucky to break even.

Hang on there. People are just getting them this week. Like I said I don't think a lot of people know about these yet. There are only a handful of binders for sale on eBay now and if people don't specifically search for binders they will not see them unless they read through 10,000 listings for wacky packages. These are different than flipping a new series by being the first one to get them. Sometimes you need patience.

Offline Kook

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
Hang on there. People are just getting them this week. Like I said I don't think a lot of people know about these yet. There are only a handful of binders for sale on eBay now and if people don't specifically search for binders they will not see them unless they read through 10,000 listings for wacky packages. These are different than flipping a new series by being the first one to get them. Sometimes you need patience.

I admire your optimism. There are many people, myself included, that check ebay daily for new wacky pack listings. There were many page views & watchers on my auctions, just not many takers. When people see something new, or unfamiliar, many jump at the chance since they don't know what it is, or how many will be available. This time around I found a lot more apathy. If things change, that would be great, especially for the next 3 releases, but based on my ebay experience as a buyer & seller, I find it unlikely that the prices will spike from here - look at all the past releases... The prices blip, hold for a little while & drop like a stone thereafter. I really don't think this product will buck that trend.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »
The 2 complete Binder sets that sold on eBay went for $350 shipped each.  Once you factor in crazy ebay/paypal fees, shipping and possibly insurance, that is barely a profit.  And that's not even factoring in the time you spend listing it, boxing it up, running to the post office, etc.  I agree with what Kook wrote above.  I think it will be very tough to ever flip these binders for a significant profit (unless you were lucky enough to get a color sketch ... I'm talking about a standard set).  Time will tell. Generally speaking, most of this newer stuff is only hot around the time of release, then quickly cools off.  Ghoul Humor Old School 2 sketches were selling for $100+ when that series was new.  One just sold on eBay for less than $9.  Just like nobody is shelling out big bucks anymore for ANS1 Coach Motel.  If you passed on selling a Coach Motel years ago for $75-$100 thinking you could get $200 for it if you sit on it a few more years, you're in for a big disappointment.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:39:11 PM by Shrunken Donuts »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
The 2 complete Binder sets that sold on eBay went for $350 shipped each.  Once you factor in crazy ebay/paypal fees, shipping and possibly insurance, that is barely a profit.  And that's not even factoring in the time you spend listing it, boxing it up, running to the post office, etc.  I agree with what Kook wrote above.  I think it will be very tough to ever flip these binders for a significant profit (unless you were lucky enough to get a color sketch ... I'm talking about a standard set).  Time will tell. Generally speaking, most of this newer stuff is only hot around the time of release, then quickly cools off.  Ghoul Humor Old School 2 sketches were selling for $100+ when that series was new.  One just sold on eBay for less than $9.  Just like nobody is shelling out big bucks anymore for ANS1 Coach Motel.  If you passed on selling a Coach Motel years ago for $75-$100 thinking you could get $200 for it if you sit on it a few more years, you're in for a big disappointment.

You are correct. You can't collect for future value because you will probably be disappointed. With such a limited product you my or mat not sell for a profit. I still think that these binders wil have a higher value in the future. We are only talking  150 binders. How more limited can you get with a product? I'm saving binders for when the series is done.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »
I admire your optimism. There are many people, myself included, that check ebay daily for new wacky pack listings. There were many page views & watchers on my auctions, just not many takers. When people see something new, or unfamiliar, many jump at the chance since they don't know what it is, or how many will be available. This time around I found a lot more apathy. If things change, that would be great, especially for the next 3 releases, but based on my ebay experience as a buyer & seller, I find it unlikely that the prices will spike from here - look at all the past releases... The prices blip, hold for a little while & drop like a stone thereafter. I really don't think this product will buck that trend.

Some items aren't meant to be sold so quick like a regular wacky series. AGAIN. There are only 150 of these. It's not like any other wacky collectable. These are limited. 150! If anyone thinks they couldn't recoup their cost in the first couple days is dillusional. These will take time to simmer, I watched the initial auctions and saw the irrational price changes. You have to, again, realize there are only 150. If you want to dump that's fine. Remember there will be 17 volumes. This isn't a sprint.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:51:03 PM by BumChex »

Offline Kook

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
Some items aren't meant to be sold so quick like a regular wacky series. AGAIN. There are only 150 of these. It's not like any other wacky collectable. These are limited. 150! If anyone thinks they couldn't recoup their cost in the first couple days is dillusional. These will take time to simmer, I watched the initial auctions and saw the irrational price changes. You have to, again, realize there are only 150. If you want to dump that's fine. Remember there will be 17 volumes. This isn't a sprint.

I agree with your point that the limited qty is a big plus for this release. As they say in real estate - they ain't makin' any more of it. The release also has some issues - the original price is very high, 16 binders vs 4 binders knocks many people out for actually using them. It's great for making a lot of product, but not practical for use. The product is good, but not great. The puzzle artwork is great, the sketches are average, and the binders are ok, considering the spines & insides. (all IMO of course).

Time will tell all...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:30:56 AM by Kook »

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 02:56:29 PM »
Here are my pulls:

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »
Here are my pulls:

Nice Simko Combo.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
Will be listing soon, so I am lowering price to $325 shipped priority for forum members via paypal gift other.
 This includes full binder set with everything. Binders have not been unwrapped yet:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:35:56 PM by Fool-Aid »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
I agree with your point that the limited qty is a big plus for this release. As they say in real estate - they ain't makin' any more of it. The release also has some issues - the original price is very high, 16 binders vs 4 binders knocks many people out for actually using them. It's great for making a lot of product, but not practical for use. The product is good, but not great. The puzzle artwork is great, the sketches are average, and the binders are ok, considering the spines & insides. (all IMO of course).

Time will tell all...

My binders are at $102.00 with a couple days to go.  I would be happy to net 50% of the total package price but my gut is telling me it probably won't happen.  They would need to sell for $150.00 + shipping. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
Here are my pulls:

Great sketches, I too love the combo and the Grave Train also.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »
Thank you. I would say those two are my favorite.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 03:19:41 AM »

Time will tell all...

I think these days more WP collectors follow this board and use the Topps site than not. So when these binders did not sell out quickly any chance for a quick profit was greatly diminished. If you have a postcard set that sold out in 2 hours then ebay is your friend. Hoping that there are numerous "casual" collectors that don't read these boards or buy from Topps online and don't mind paying a premium on an item that costs alot to start is irrational IMO. Now if you have the funds to buy extras and wait 8 months to go fishing..then you are in a different position. I will continue to purchase 2 sets to keep the cooler sketches and sell the 2nd set on the bay. I may "irrationallly" reduce my BIN prices to what makes these items sell so I can quickly recoup some of my outlay. The only subset of people that will buy these just the binders on the bay are the few people who don't care about the puzzles/ sketches or didn't think the package was worth $260 so will drop $130 on the binders. The nature of the hobby is that "collectors" want everything that was standard issue (not chase)in a series so most collectors buying binders will want the complete offering including the puzzles.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
I see you have dipped your foot in the binder resale pool. :)  Best of luck in your sale.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 03:21:40 PM »
I see you have dipped your foot in the binder resale pool. :)  Best of luck in your sale.

Ya, I've decided to sell one set with sketches and one without. I'm thinking of keeping one extra set but with all these new releases who knows? It's getting expensive.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
Price reduced on binder set to $300 shipped. Please pm if interested. Will ship out today with tracking and insurance.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
Update- Binders have found a good home and are now sold.

Thank you

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
I have the jumbo Ssssssssmokin' Joe sketch on Ebay @$325obo. If anyone is interested I would sell for $250 gift other via paypal. PM if interested.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »

***Update the Large Smokin' Joe sketch has been sold.

Also still getting rid of some doubles, I have a lot comprised of:

Bio cards, postcard sets including Halloween 2011, Old School 1 and 2 sketches and big stickers.  If anyone interested on forum I would sell off ebay at $50 with shipping included and throw in the shaped 2012 Halloween Postcards set as well.

Here is the listing info sans Halloween 2012 set.

Item number: 290942765559