Author Topic: Halloween Postcards 2012  (Read 104079 times)

Offline jleonard1967

RE: Halloween Postcards 2012
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
I would guess they are not selling LE packs there. I hope my guess is right!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
No sketches in these packs.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Kook

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2012, 05:19:59 AM »
No sketches in these packs.

I don't believe they've ever done non-LE halloween sets before. I wonder if the postcards at the show will be a variation on the LE postcards & if they will be selling these on shoptopps.com or they will be exclusive to comic con or they will be the same postcards as the LE set just without the sketch, bio cards etc... Does anyone know?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2012, 05:57:51 AM »
I don't believe they've ever done non-LE halloween sets before. I wonder if the postcards at the show will be a variation on the LE postcards & if they will be selling these on shoptopps.com or they will be exclusive to comic con or they will be the same postcards as the LE set just without the sketch, bio cards etc... Does anyone know?

I'll post an update next week which will hopefully answer some of your questions.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2012, 07:20:50 AM »

Yeah, and it would be a problem if there's no difference in the outer wrapper, because how could one tell the non-sketch packs
from the normal LE ones?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
Yeah, and it would be a problem if there's no difference in the outer wrapper, because how could one tell the non-sketch packs
from the normal LE ones?

Only time will tell.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
from the normal LE ones?

Packsearchers would use a little electronic scale to tell them apart     :-\

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
Packsearchers would use a little electronic scale to tell them apart     :-\

The one pack from the show that's on ebay right now doesn't appear to have anything on the wrapper to distinguish it from what we assume will be the LE sets with a sketch card, unless it's a completely different wrapper for the show.  If so, that presents another challenge for the pack collectors, as now you'll need both versions to achieve completeness.  If not, it's going to be risky buying any sealed Halloween packs on ebay as you won't know for sure if it has the sketch card.  I'm really surprised Topps is doing this; seems like they're stealing their own thunder by letting these out into the world before they've even announced an official release date or even put a teaser on their website.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
The one pack from the show that's on ebay right now doesn't appear to have anything on the wrapper to distinguish it from what we assume will be the LE sets with a sketch card, unless it's a completely different wrapper for the show.  If so, that presents another challenge for the pack collectors, as now you'll need both versions to achieve completeness.  If not, it's going to be risky buying any sealed Halloween packs on ebay as you won't know for sure if it has the sketch card.  I'm really surprised Topps is doing this; seems like they're stealing their own thunder by letting these out into the world before they've even announced an official release date or even put a teaser on their website.

Lets hope Topps already has this figured out. After all, its not their first time around the block and they SHOULD be well versed on the collector mentality. Until we hear otherwise from Neil or someone else in the know, I am assuming that the Limited Edition set with signed cards and sketch that will go onsale next week will have different packaging of some sort from the sets currently on sale at the convention. Don't most of us completists end up buying one of the "unlimited" sets along with our 5 (or whatever the limit for that release) limited sets anyway?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Lets hope Topps already has this figured out. After all, its not their first time around the block and they SHOULD be well versed on the collector mentality. Until we hear otherwise from Neil or someone else in the know, I am assuming that the Limited Edition set with signed cards and sketch that will go onsale next week will have different packaging of some sort from the sets currently on sale at the convention. Don't most of us completists end up buying one of the "unlimited" sets along with our 5 (or whatever the limit for that release) limited sets anyway?

I'm quite confident the LE sets will go on sale sometime this month, and personally I don't care much if there are identical looking non-LE sets on ebay, as I'm just going to buy my 3 sets from Topps and be done with it.  I just worry about the people who, for whatever reasons, don't buy the LE on the Topps website and then have to figure out which version they're looking at from the multitude of ebay sellers.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »
My sense of this is that there will be Mini Postcards made that will be available free with purchase of Non-limited Halloween Postcard sets. This will help Topps to move the Non Limited sets as has been done in the past. So I will probably end up with a few of those sets. I like the mini postcards and will keep that subset going if they make them again.

DrDeal

« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
willing to bet the  le version of the wrapper will most likely be a different color

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2012, 05:16:03 PM »
So.....  2012 Halloween Postcards or Not?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
willing to bet the  le version of the wrapper will most likely be a different color
or maybe something subtle like with the set 6a and 6b wrappers

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »
or maybe something subtle like with the set 6a and 6b wrappers

I'm having a funny feeling this is going to be an interesting one for me to write up for the master list.........

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
I'm having a funny feeling this is going to be an interesting one for me to write up for the master list.........
not a spooky or eerie feeling?   ;)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2012, 03:58:57 AM »
not a spooky or eerie feeling?   ;)

I like the Kirscht jack-o-lantern addition to your avatar - Halloweenish, but I still know it's you!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2012, 05:07:22 AM »

If anyone can do it, you can!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2012, 06:06:21 AM »
So many of these early non-sketch packs are out there, but no one has opened one to see what's inside????

Some ebay listings are now also stating that these packs are Comic Con exclusives.  Much like the contents, that remains to be seen.............

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
Some ebay listings are now also stating that these packs are Comic Con exclusives.  Much like the contents, that remains to be seen.............
nice play on words.

I like this auction for a comic+pack. only $300! I think they are trying to pay for their entire trip to NYCC. eBay auction: # 200832768050

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
So many of these early non-sketch packs are out there, but no one has opened one to see what's inside????

Some ebay listings are now also stating that these packs are Comic Con exclusives.  Much like the contents, that remains to be seen.............
I couldn't take the suspense any more, so I opened the set of Wacky Halloween postcards I purchased at the NYCC.  No sketch in the packet, just as everyone assumed.  Seven postcards inside and a bonus card numbered TS17.  I don't remember there being a TS16, so that makes me wonder if this set has two different bonus cards(????)  As far as I can tell, the postcards are the same as those that will be available on the Topps Store soon. (The characters on the cards correspond to the characters in the wacky comic.)  The postcards are not signed and are marked "A Topps Online Exclusive."  Nothing on the envelope or the contents inside refers to the NYCC.  I'll post images in a spoiler window if I can figure that out!     

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »
For those who want to be spoiled, the contents of the NYCC Wacky Halloween Postcards pack below.  Thanks Patrick for the helpful tip on how to do this!  

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
I couldn't take the suspense any more, so I opened the set of Wacky Halloween postcards I purchased at the NYCC.  No sketch in the packet, just as everyone assumed.  Seven postcards inside and a bonus card numbered TS17.  I don't remember there being a TS16, so that makes me wonder if this set has two different bonus cards(????)  As far as I can tell, the postcards are the same as those that will be available on the Topps Store soon. (The characters on the cards correspond to the characters in the wacky comic.)  The postcards are not signed and are marked "A Topps Online Exclusive."  Nothing on the envelope or the contents inside refers to the NYCC.  I'll post images in a spoiler window if I can figure that out!     

Thanks for the info!!  Series 8 Postcards included TS14 Pampered (limited edition) and TS15 Hormone Chili (regular edition), so it does seem that there will be two bonus cards for the Halloween postcards this year, with TS16 included with the still unreleased limited edition pack.  Looking forward to seeing these up close!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:24 AM »
This may not exactly be the best place to post this, but below are the two sketch cards I got at the NYCC on Friday.  Many thanks to Dave and Joe for these fantastic pieces!!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
This may not exactly be the best place to post this, but below are the two sketch cards I got at the NYCC on Friday.  Many thanks to Dave and Joe for these fantastic pieces!!

Nice!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2012, 11:37:23 AM »

Neat!

Did you request these two sketches during the show, or were they all ready done?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
Neat!

Did you request these two sketches during the show, or were they all ready done?
The artists draw whatever you request right before your very eyes.  I asked Dave Gross to do Wormy -- I could have asked Joe Simko to draw something from the original Mars Attacks series, but I wanted a martian in his own style.  It's wild to actually see your sketch take form, and both Joe and Dave were super nice to me and all the other fans.  Very cool experience!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »
Those are great sketches. Would have been fun to be there!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
The artists draw whatever you request right before your very eyes.  I asked Dave Gross to do Wormy -- I could have asked Joe Simko to draw something from the original Mars Attacks series, but I wanted a martian in his own style.  It's wild to actually see your sketch take form, and both Joe and Dave were super nice to me and all the other fans.  Very cool experience!

That is so cool!  I really wish I could have made it.  Alas.  Glad some of us Wacky fans could attend!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
And it's really hard to beat the price on these sketches -- free!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
And it's really hard to beat the price on these sketches -- free!

The last time I noticed, It's kinda hard to beat "free".

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
New Halloween Comic and Halloween Binder at the Topps site. But the comic says sold out and it's the first time I've even seen it.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
New Halloween Comic and Halloween Binder at the Topps site. But the comic says sold out and it's the first time I've even seen it.
good spot!
Sold out? What's up with that?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
good spot!
Sold out? What's up with that?

See my post in the other thread, "Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcards On Sale Wednesday!"  for more info.