Author Topic: Halloween Postcards 2012  (Read 104082 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Halloween Postcards 2012
« on: September 15, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
Halloween is coming up pretty quickly - any word on when and if there will be a postcard set this year?  And what about a Halloween postcard binder?  I'd LOVE to have a purple one that is similar to the envelope design from last year.

Offline DrDeal

RE: Halloween Postcards 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »
I asked someone at Topps about this when checking on the posters. Halloween Postcards are on the way. No info sheet yet.

DrDeal

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »
They had better fix their problems with missing sketches/inserts and how customer service (mis)handles those situations.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »
Halloween is coming up pretty quickly - any word on when and if there will be a postcard set this year?  And what about a Halloween postcard binder?  I'd LOVE to have a purple one that is similar to the envelope design from last year.

I really like the big wrappers (as opposed to the envelopes) for the Halloween postcards.  I hope they do that again this year.

On a related note, Nonsport Update has "Halloween postcards" listed as an upcoming trading card set.  Interestingly, it doesn't say "Wacky Packages" in the listing.  Don't know if that was left off or they are doing a straightforward Halloween set that has nothing to do with wackys.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
Halloween is coming up pretty quickly - any word on when and if there will be a postcard set this year? 

"when and if" - lol Tic Toc

I might use that technique when talking to my boss about a promotion

We could call the malady, Dyslexic Optimistism   ;D

Offline Forgers Coffee

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
Does anyone know what the limit is per person on this years set?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
Does anyone know what the limit is per person on this years set?

We don't know if they will be happening this year.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
When I called Topps to ask about the posters it was confirmed that there will be Halloween Postcards this year.

Andrew

Offline Forgers Coffee

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
thanks, I guess I need to put Topps on the speed dial.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »

Nonsport Update has "Halloween postcards" listed as an upcoming trading card set.  Interestingly, it doesn't say "Wacky Packages" in the listing.  Don't know if that was left off or they are doing a straightforward Halloween set that has nothing to do with wackys.

I haven't seen the latest Nonsport Update, but I'm sure they're referring to the Wacky Halloween postcards, since there will indeed be another set.

By the way, glad to hear you like the wrappers...maybe we'll continue the trend ;)...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
I haven't seen the latest Nonsport Update, but I'm sure they're referring to the Wacky Halloween postcards, since there will indeed be another set.

By the way, glad to hear you like the wrappers...maybe we'll continue the trend ;)...

Do you have any idea of the date these will be available for order?

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »

Any chance we could get a Halloween Postcard binder this year?  It seems to be an ongoing series - I would love to have a coordinated binder for all those sets!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »
Any chance we could get a Halloween Postcard binder this year?  It seems to be an ongoing series - I would love to have a coordinated binder for all those sets!

Our aim is to please...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »

yes

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

Sorry Brad, I couldn't resist. Should be just a few more weeks...I'll get more specific as soon as I have the details.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
Sorry Brad, I couldn't resist. Should be just a few more weeks...I'll get more specific as soon as I have the details.
Didn't Dave Gross say Old school will be released only once per year in November as Topps wants to use the rest of the year for ANS releases?  If Halloween sets will also continue, that suggests Halloween sets and Old School will be back to back months every year?  Doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.  Those two special sets should be split apart.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »
Didn't Dave Gross say Old school will be released only once per year in November as Topps wants to use the rest of the year for ANS releases?  If Halloween sets will also continue, that suggests Halloween sets and Old School will be back to back months every year?  Doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.  Those two special sets should be split apart.

Ernie,

I can appreciate what you're saying, but unfortunately, we don't have much flexibility with the release date of the Halloween postcards. The good news is that there should be several weeks between each release.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:42:36 AM by koduck »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:29 AM »
All I can say is "Mo' Wackies! Mo' Wackies!"

And as always, I'm sure I'll be out of town on the day of the pre-order  >(

Neil, as always you do a great job, kudos to you!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 09:18:17 AM »
Didn't Dave Gross say Old school will be released only once per year in November as Topps wants to use the rest of the year for ANS releases?  If Halloween sets will also continue, that suggests Halloween sets and Old School will be back to back months every year?  Doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.  Those two special sets should be split apart.
I think that the OLDS release should be around Jan/Feb, regular postcards in April/May, ANS in July/Aug and Halloween postcards in Oct.
Just my 2 cents.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
I think that the OLDS release should be around Jan/Feb, regular postcards in April/May, ANS in July/Aug and Halloween postcards in Oct.
Just my 2 cents.

This would be perfect!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
Just my 2 cents.

I guess that scraps my idea for a Christmas postcard release ;)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »
Neil,

Can you lobby for another midnight sale with a three or four set limit?  Maybe with a link emailed to forum members like in the past?  The Halloween sets tend to vaporize.

Please advocate for us on this release.

Thanks,  DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »
Neil,

Can you lobby for another midnight sale with a three or four set limit?  Maybe with a link emailed to forum members like in the past?  The Halloween sets tend to vaporize.

Please advocate for us on this release.

Thanks,  DrDeal

Depends on how many are made. If its a 1000 again we should be fine.

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »
This would be perfect!

I concur!  Spreading out the special releases about every 3 or 4 months would be a lot easier for us hard core collectors to come up with the money for them.  Especially when inserts like the bio cards usually take 5 or 6 PC packs or OLDS boxes to put a complete set together.  Plus the sets would sell out much quicker for Topps and being they like their money this should make them happy as well.  OLDS 3 has only just finally sold out.  With these back to back releases a lot of us have to choose which one we want to focus on.  For me it will be the Halloween PC's as I am sure I will be able to still get OLDS4 six months after the release date, if OLDS3 is any indication.  Plus I am getting burnt out with all of these products coming out so close together.  Of course, I guess that is my fault for collecting Wackys, GPKs, and now the Mars Attacks! products!  If Topps keeps this up and I will have to drop one of them, at least!

I too would be very interested in getting a Wacky Halloween PC's binder if Topps wants to make them.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »
Hey Neil,

How about making them available at the upcoming Philly show?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Hey Neil,

How about making them available at the upcoming Philly show?

I'll certainly suggest it...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
here's the comic booklet rdsjnk first mentioned over in the OLDS4 thread

from the NYCC info pages:

Topps Wacky Packages Comics Presents: The Wacky Wizard of Odds Starring: “Hunch”.
Category: Comic
Madcap Limited Edition comic features art and illustration by well-known artist Joe Simko. The story chronicles Mr. Simko’s 2012 Wacky Halloween Postcards sketch card series, "The Wacky Wizard of Odds: starring “Hunch." Joe Simko is a contributing artist and writer on the Topps Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids trading card series. The Wacky Wizards of Odds artist-signed/numbered comic has a $10 price tag, is limited to just 300 copies and will be available only from Topps at booth #1761.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag! Yep, this year we're doing another Halloween comic! It's based on Joe's really scary sketch cards, in story book form! We also changed the format to a standard comic book size.

Here's a slightly better image:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:33:46 PM by koduck »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag! Yep, this year we're doing another Halloween comic! It's based on Joe's really scary sketch cards, in story book form! We also changed the format to a standard comic book size.

Here's a slightly better image:

Looks great! Any idea, Neil, whether or not this will be available on Topps website if it doesn't sell out at the Philly Show?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
Looks great! Any idea, Neil, whether or not this will be available on Topps website if it doesn't sell out at the Philly Show?

Sounds like this comic is going to be a New York Comic Con offering, not a Philly Show item.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
Sounds like this comic is going to be a New York Comic Con offering, not a Philly Show item.

New York, Philly, some east coast metropolis. Feh!

(Thanks for the correction, my "feh" is directed at Topps practice of making these exclusive items available to a geo-centric population.)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »
New York, Philly, some east coast metropolis. Feh!

(Thanks for the correction, my "feh" is directed at Topps practice of making these exclusive items available to a geo-centric population.)

This exclusive stuff may just drive me right out of the hobby......  I really enjoyed the first comic, and definitely want the second, but not if I have to pay $40 for it on ebay.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
It makes sense when they collect out money. Just being a smart -ss.
I think they want to continue as long as they can and also keep every happy.
Not to long between sets. Some collectors get bored.
Not me. I just sorted my erasers. Shows hot behind I am.
Have a good one Ern>

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »
This exclusive stuff may just drive me right out of the hobby......  I really enjoyed the first comic, and definitely want the second, but not if I have to pay $40 for it on ebay.

The exclusive stuff is definitely a downer, but I hate to see you even contemplate leaving the hobby! Even at only 300 comics printed, I bet the demand is low enough that they should be available for no more than $20. And maybe some kind forum member will purchase a bunch for redistribution at face value, thus renewing your enthusiasm for the hobby.

anything