Author Topic: "Mint Condition" (Dave Jamieson)  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

"Mint Condition" (Dave Jamieson)
« on: April 11, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
Just saw a book today in Borders called "Mint Condition" by Dave Jamieson. It is a history of baseball cards and their popularity in America, with a particular emphasis on the "Topps Years." Fascinating read for the baseball card fan,
and also happens to have several references to wackys (as it doubles somewhat as a history of Topps). There
is a discussion of wackys, the Guernsey auction, and even a color photo of a Weakies diecut. Looks to be worth
the cover price, though I only browsed it!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:41:18 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: "Mint Condition" (Dave Jamieson)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
Just saw a book today in Borders called "Mint Condition" by Dave Jamieson. It is a history of baseball cards and their popularity in America, with a particular emphasis on the "Topps Years." Fascinating read for the baseball card fan,
and also happens to have several references to wackys (as it doubles somewhat as a history of Topps). There
is a discussion of wackys, the Guernsey auction, and even a color photo of a Weakies diecut. Looks to be worth

(Image removed from quote.)

I noticed that book in a Borders that I went to today, Just looked at the front cover though, Is there any mention about the Yankees or Mets?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »
Any Garbage Pail Kids mention/reference?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:53 AM »

Cool. Thanks for the alert!

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.  I had heard about it on another website and put in a reserve with my local library.  I hope to get it before too long and actually read it as it sounds pretty cool.

anything