Author Topic: Bio Card Idea  (Read 3808 times)

Offline 7-Pup

Bio Card Idea
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »
I've always liked the bio cards with all the postcard sets and have wondered if Topps will ever do bio cards for the first three postcard sets. They could do a limited number of sets, limit one set per household and offer a complete set with postcard series 9 - extra charge if you order one PC9 set or free if you order three sets or more.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Bio Card Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »
Weren't the first 3 sets all done by Camera? That's a pretty easy bios set..HaHa

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »
Weren't the first 3 sets all done by Camera? That's a pretty easy bios set..HaHa

Who you calling easy?! :^)

Seriously, there's been some consideration given to doing a retro bio set for series 1 through 3, although I'm not quite sure what the best marketing strategy would be. If it does happen, I'd like to see 1 title from each series produced in the same quantities as the original limited edition sets (ie, series 1 would be 100 cards, series 2 would be 250, etc.). Anyway, that makes the most sense to me...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »

Who you calling easy?! :^)

Seriously, there's been some consideration given to doing a retro bio set for series 1 through 3, although I'm not quite sure what the best marketing strategy would be. If it does happen, I'd like to see 1 title from each series produced in the same quantities as the original limited edition sets (ie, series 1 would be 100 cards, series 2 would be 250, etc.). Anyway, that makes the most sense to me...

I've wanted those to happen for a while now!  That way collectors could have all of the postcard titles in trading card size.  I would think just putting generic backs on them, or even blank white backs, and possibly selling them with a unique bonus card of some sort would be fine to sell them as a subset online.  A set of 10 for $15.00! 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
I've wanted those to happen for a while now!  That way collectors could have all of the postcard titles in trading card size.  I would think just putting generic backs on them, or even blank white backs, and possibly selling them with a unique bonus card of some sort would be fine to sell them as a subset online.  A set of 10 for $15.00! 

That's a preposterous idea! I love it!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:28:13 PM »
Did Mark "Off the Mark" Parisi do a Bio card yet?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »
Huh?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:36 AM »

He had a Wander Bread rough/concept art bio card in PC5 and a Mr. Ghoulbar rough/concept art bio card in the Halloween 2010 set.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
Thanks Pat, I was being sarcastic because if you followed the postcards you would know and also the wonderful master list you put together for reference.

anything