Author Topic: A WP Unopened Pack Reference Library  (Read 176034 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: A WP Unopened Pack Reference Library
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2012, 11:01:59 AM »
Pack #103: 1988 OPC Re-Issue Pack (ring pop ad)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
Pack #104: 1989 OPC Re-Issue Pack (push pop ad)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
Pack #105: 1989 OPC Re-Issue Pack (ring pop ad)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
Pack #106: 1992 OPC Pack

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
Finally, the UK packs. After these, all that is really left are the fun packs.....

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »
Pack #107: 1974 1st Series UK Pack

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Pack #108: 1974 2nd Series UK Pack

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
Pack #109: 1981 Irish Series Test Pack

I wonder if Greg, Matt or Rob kept track of the pack contents of the packs they opened? Since there appears to still be a "Kill" (needed to complete a set of these) hidden away in an unopened pack, it would be nice to know what sticker was showing on the "Kill" packs that were "killed" (heh heh). 

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »
Pack #110: 1986 Irish Series Pack

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
Pack #111: 1986 UK Re-Issue Series Pack

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »
Pack #94: 1979 OPC 4 Stickers Pack (super bazooka ad)

(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

The other interesting thing about the 1979-80 OPC re-issues is that one ad variation is twice as common as the other. I'm not remembering which is the rarer of the two right now, but will research it.

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner, but this is the last wrapper I need for my collection (besides the "printed in USA" OPC S2 wrapper that recently surfaced) and it's been on my list for quite some time, so I bet this is the rarer variation.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see this sooner, but this is the last wrapper I need for my collection (besides the "printed in USA" OPC S2 wrapper that recently surfaced) and it's been on my list for quite some time, so I bet this is the rarer variation.

Coincidentally, an unopened pack just showed up on ebay, and thanks to Scoot (thanks Scot!) for alerting me about it I just bought it.  I had to pay $150.00 for it which is a little high, but I know how rare the wrapper is, so I don't think it's crazy for an unopened pack of this variation.

If anyone has this variation of just the wrapper and would prefer an unopened pack, PM me and we'll try to work something out.  I don't collect unopened packs and all I really want is the wrapper for my collection and binder display.       

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
Rob, you're right, that is the rarer wrapper for the "4 sticker" variant, and I believe the other ad variation is the rarer for the "6 sticker" variant.

Incidentally, anyone know why people always refer to the Irish series as being released in 1985 when the wrapper code suggests 1986?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
By the way, if I don't include fun packs (which I arguably shouldn't, since it's not really possible to document them), there are exactly 111 different unopened packs in my collection right now. Anyone think Jahlon is laughing somewhere?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
Coincidentally, an unopened pack just showed up on ebay, and thanks to Scoot (thanks Scot!) for alerting me about it I just bought it.  I had to pay $150.00 for it which is a little high, but I know how rare the wrapper is, so I don't think it's crazy for an unopened pack of this variation.

If anyone has this variation of just the wrapper and would prefer an unopened pack, PM me and we'll try to work something out.  I don't collect unopened packs and all I really want is the wrapper for my collection and binder display.       
Are you referring to this auction? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-OPC-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-1-WAX-PACK-RING-POP-AD-WAX-BOX-/221059444208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item33782b6df0

This seller has been trying to move these for years.  This is not a new ebay auction.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »
Are you referring to this auction? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-OPC-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-1-WAX-PACK-RING-POP-AD-WAX-BOX-/221059444208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item33782b6df0

This seller has been trying to move these for years.  This is not a new ebay auction.

Yes, that's the one.  I hope i didn't get mixed up with what wrapper i needed.  The ones without codes can get confusing.  This is a rare wrapper, correct?  I am pretty sure I needed the 1979 variety.  Dave, is the one pictured in the link Ernie showed the 1979 OPC Reisuue series 1 version?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »
Yes, that's the one.  I hope i didn't get mixed up with what wrapper i needed.  The ones without codes can get confusing.  This is a rare wrapper, correct?  I am pretty sure I needed the 1979 variety.  Dave, is the one pictured in the link Ernie showed the 1979 OPC Reisuue series 1 version?

Yes, it's the wrapper you need. Ernie's right that those packs have been up for awhile. It's just that, while they are pretty hard to find, demand is very low too, and since the price he has them at is top dollar, and he has lots of them, they will likely sit on ebay for quite awhile.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

Yes, it's the wrapper you need. Ernie's right that those packs have been up for awhile. It's just that, while they are pretty hard to find, demand is very low too, and since the price he has them at is top dollar, and he has lots of them, they will likely sit on ebay for quite awhile.

Thanks Dave. I probably paid too much for it, especially since I just need the wrapper, but oh well.  I've had it on my list for several years. 

So the last wrapper I will need is the uncoded OPC series 2 red with "printed in USA" copyright.  The only one I've seen is the one or two Matt was selling months ago.  What do you know about that one?  Was it just recently discovered or was it just overlooked?   

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »

So the last wrapper I will need is the uncoded OPC series 2 red with "printed in USA" copyright.  The only one I've seen is the one or two Matt was selling months ago.  What do you know about that one?  Was it just recently discovered or was it just overlooked?  

I believe the wrapper you're talking about was probably used for the 1st series OPC, since the 2nd series pack I have does not
include the "PRTD IN USA" line. I'm not sure who actually made the discovery (Matt or Rusty), but there are at least two
of those wrappers around: the one Matt Stock sold to Bill F. and the one Rusty shows on his page (shown below). I checked
at the time, and the images were definitely of two different wrappers.

I never heard about this variation until Matt's auction. Rusty apparently knew about it before that, but I'm not sure when he
discovered it.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:08:35 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Kook

« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »
I believe the wrapper you're talking about was probably used for the 1st series OPC, since the 2nd series pack I have does not
include the "PRTD IN USA" line. I'm not sure who actually made the discovery (Matt or Rusty), but there are at least two
of those wrappers around: the one Matt Stock sold to Bill F. and the one Rusty shows on his page (shown below). I checked
at the time, and the images were definitely of two different wrappers.

I never heard about this variation until Matt's auction. Rusty apparently knew about it before that, but I'm not sure when he
discovered it.

(Image removed from quote.)

There's even more to the story than this... When I first saw that Matt listed the wrapper, I thought it looked familiar so I did a search on completed listings. Sure enough, seller ssbone just sold it a couple of weeks prior. That wrapper had been listed for a couple of years for $25 (just like the opc auctions from ebay seller hockeyauctions, although his auctions are priced VERY high). I had even made the seller an offer for the wrapper, figuring I'd keep the wrapper as a dupe for trade, since, even as a regular red opc wrapper, it isn't that common. I didn't offer high since it wasn't in that great shape. I totally didn't catch that it was a variation at the time. It wasn't until Matt purchased it & relisted it with the additional info that I became interested. I could have had it for a lot less had I caught the copyright. I guess it was a good thing, since had I bought it for trade, I would have had it pass through my hands totally unaware of the variation.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
Hey everyone,

Can anyone here provide me with a hi-res 600dpi scan of an unopened die-cut pack? I need it by Monday morning.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

Can anyone here provide me with a hi-res 600dpi scan of an unopened die-cut pack? I need it by Monday morning.

I can do a wrapper but it's inside a plastic graded holder. Might not turn out that great but I can still do it.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
I can do a wrapper but it's inside a plastic graded holder. Might not turn out that great but I can still do it.

Thanks, I'll take that to start. Still would like one not in a holder if anyone else can send one. Please email to:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:05:35 PM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
Thanks, I'll take that to start. Still would like one not in a holder if anyone else can send one. Please email to:

Just sent. If you need it higher res I can do that also.

I removed your email address so it doesn't start floating around the internet via google bots.
If everyone keeps their email address updated under their preferences it makes it easy just to click the email button under your Avatar.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:07:10 PM by BumChex »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

I just sent a 600 dpi of a naked wrapper, hope that can help (until you get a pack scan)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:22:03 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »
Hey guys,

It's actually an unopened Die-Cut PACK image I need not an empty wrapper. Thanks to Brad and Patrick though for the wrapper scans. Anyone have a pack please LMK.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
Hey guys,

It's actually an unopened Die-Cut PACK image I need not an empty wrapper. Thanks to Brad and Patrick though for the wrapper scans. Anyone have a pack please LMK.

Take our images, print, fold. Why are you making this so hard..LOL what are you working on?....

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »
Take our images, print, fold.

Ha! Good idea. I'll give that a try

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
Pack #109: 1981 Irish Series Test Pack

(Image removed from quote.)  (Image removed from quote.)

I wonder if Greg, Matt or Rob kept track of the pack contents of the packs they opened? Since there appears to still be a "Kill" (needed to complete a set of these) hidden away in an unopened pack, it would be nice to know what sticker was showing on the "Kill" packs that were "killed" (heh heh). 

Hey this pack is in nice shape compared to the others from that lot.  Mine looks about like this one.  Mostly clean with only some of those funny black dots from the glue.  Some of the packs I saw when these were first found looked horrible.  Black stains & dotting everywhere.  I think I have "Kick Kat" showing on the bottom.  Is that good?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »
Hey this pack is in nice shape compared to the others from that lot.  Mine looks about like this one.  Mostly clean with only some of those funny black dots from the glue.  Some of the packs I saw when these were first found looked horrible.  Black stains & dotting everywhere.  I think I have "Kick Kat" showing on the bottom.  Is that good?

When I see your "bouncing elephant-man" avatar, I can't help hearing THE LIBERTY BELL MARCH in my mind... you know, the song they used for the opening of MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »

As I recall I paid a bit of a premium for one of the nicest ones they had. I really have no clue what's a desirable sticker to have showing on these.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
As I recall I paid a bit of a premium for one of the nicest ones they had. I really have no clue what's a desirable sticker to have showing on these.

Yah, I can't remember what I paid/traded for the pack, but it was a lot.  At the time I had a nice pack collection, so I was only interested in it as a clean pack & never intended on opening it.  Still don't.  I think the only vintage packs I've ever opened were those 7th funpacks as an experiment to see if they had Grime Heavy or Dusty in them.  Can't remember now which one they had.  Oh... and the poster packs, of course, but that's another story.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

I have not encountered a legitimate example of a 7th series pack with the 21-fold no-ad wrapper. 

While it's far from a certainty, I will believe that (this pack doesn't) exist for the 7th series until I examine (a) legit example.

Well, after straining a tendon in my wrist and almost putting out my eye with shards of plastic in the process of cracking out
the PSA graded pack I picked up at the show today, I can happily confirm that this pack does indeed exist. Another pack
mystery solved!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
Well, after straining a tendon in my wrist and almost putting out my eye with shards of plastic in the process of cracking out
the PSA graded pack I picked up at the show today, I can happily confirm that this pack does indeed exist. Another pack
mystery solved!

Yikes! Also congrats!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
Pack #112: 1974 7th Series 21-fold Pack (no ad):

anything