Author Topic: Wacky Packages Old School Boxes at The Topps Store  (Read 5299 times)

Offline jeffcaff

Wacky Packages Old School Boxes at The Topps Store
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »
It is quite strange how much the quantities remaining fluctuate.  Yesterday, there were about 240 boxes and today there were about 320 boxes.  Were there truly 3650 boxes produced? I can't tell if Topps is randomly added boxes during the course of the day.  There were 900 boxes sold at presell and an additional 1000 boxes in the first week. It took about 3 weeks to sell an additional 1000 boxes and then Topps listed 500 more. Quick math translates into about 500 boxes remaining. Does anyone have a theory about this?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Old School Boxes at The Topps Store
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
It is quite strange how much the quantities remaining fluctuate.  Yesterday, there were about 240 boxes and today there were about 320 boxes.  Were there truly 3650 boxes produced? I can't tell if Topps is randomly added boxes during the course of the day.  There were 900 boxes sold at presell and an additional 1000 boxes in the first week. It took about 3 weeks to sell an additional 1000 boxes and then Topps listed 500 more. Quick math translates into about 500 boxes remaining. Does anyone have a theory about this?
There are only 3650 boxes total. Topps just adds more boxes to their site as needed. I think the count they are at now is fairly accurate to what they have left. I could be wrong but I bet they are under 500 boxes left.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »

There were 3650 boxes made. They don't put all of them in the queue at the same time for a few reasons. One is so that all of them are not bought out which gives others the chance to get them. Also, they get telephone sales from the online store so they keep some out for that and they sometimes don't want to sell them all too quick to help promote other items in the store. An example is that I know they hope there are some left when ANS7 comes out in July. Probably other reasons as well relating to quarterly sales and stuff like that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
There were 3650 boxes made. They don't put all of them in the queue at the same time for a few reasons. One is so that all of them are not bought out which gives others the chance to get them. Also, they get telephone sales from the online store so they keep some out for that and they sometimes don't want to sell them all too quick to help promote other items in the store. An example is that I know they hope there are some left when ANS7 comes out in July. Probably other reasons as well relating to quarterly sales and stuff like that.
What do you estimate they have left? This was a huge success for both you and Topps.

wackyone

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
well at least now we know what's goin' on with the numbers now
that's been drivin' me nuts all this time,,,
but i was thinking this series should have sold out by now,i guess i thought this hobby had more collectors
better only print 2000 boxes for series 2  :D,,then the value will go up  :o
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:40:30 PM by wackyone »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:31 PM »
well at least now we know what's goin' on with the numbers now
that's been drivin' me nuts all this time,,,
but i was thinking this series should have sold out by now,i guess i thought this hobby had more collectors
better only print 2000 boxes for series 2  :D,,then the value will go up  :o

I'm sure a lot more people, especially kids, would buy them if they knew about them. As a product only available from the Topps site they get limited promotion and no distribution.

wackyone

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »
well at least on e-bay you can set for next to nothin'
is that a good thing?...i have mixed feelings of coarse

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »
well at least on e-bay you can set for next to nothin'
is that a good thing?...i have mixed feelings of coarse

I think it's a good thing. The cheaper they are the more attainable and disposable they are. They are, after all, meant for peeling and sticking. Maybe some collectors would like to see them maintain a higher value but that's most likely someone who's in it to make a few bucks. I'd like to see every series become available for practically nothing. Then we can focus on the true value of Wacky Packs. Art humor, and sticking them anyplace.

Most times that I go to the supermarket I carry some in my wallet so I can stick them on the real products. Depending on which product you tag, they can be really funny. Weakies and Crust were the funniest ones for me so far.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
I think it's a good thing. The cheaper they are the more attainable and disposable they are. They are, after all, meant for peeling and sticking. Maybe some collectors would like to see them maintain a higher value but that's most likely someone who's in it to make a few bucks. I'd like to see every series become available for practically nothing. Then we can focus on the true value of Wacky Packs. Art humor, and sticking them anyplace.

Most times that I go to the supermarket I carry some in my wallet so I can stick them on the real products. Depending on which product you tag, they can be really funny. Weakies and Crust were the funniest ones for me so far.
Speaking of which, I saw wackys stuck all over the doorway at Dukes BBQ near Irving Place in NYC.  My wife took a picture with her not so great camera phone, I forgot to upload it and post it.  I didn't even think to ask the bartender and our waitress who put them there.  I assume it was a worker or owner.  Very cool to see wackys being used the way they were meant to be!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

wackyone

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
ya i stuck all my extra's already
i even stuck the Croc promo  :D

anything