Author Topic: New Forum Auctions available now!  (Read 12208 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
New Forum Auctions available now!
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:46:47 AM »
You will now notice there is a classifieds button on the top menu bar and also at the bottom of the forum.
You have 2 area's to sell - auction style or BIN style. You can also add a BIN to any auction.
There is no fee to list an auction in April. Just PM me and let me know how many auctions you want to have and I will give you the credits needed.
I am working with the developer of the auction mod to allow members to buy bulk credits because I want to have each auction listing at only $.50 and there will be NO final value fee's or any other charges. The problem with charging only $.50 is that Paypal will take it all with their fee's so I am looking to sell blocks of 10 for $5 and that way paypal will only take $.50 for it's fee's from the $5.
There is a cost to adding this so it's not free to me but I think it would be great for everyone to be able to list items on the forum and have some structure instead of posts. this will also allow sellers to use auction style if there are more then one person interested in the same item. This will solve any bidding wars by email.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. There are several settings and the developers instructions leave a bit to be desired so we will use the next couple months as a good trial period to work out the kinks. It's not going to be exactly like ebay and there are some limitations that you may be used to with ebay but it is what it is ;) It's also a great start! Enjoy!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: New Forum Auctions available now!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
You will now notice there is a classifieds button on the top menu bar and also at the bottom of the forum.
You have 2 area's to sell - auction style or BIN style. You can also add a BIN to any auction.
There is no fee to list an auction in April. Just PM me and let me know how many auctions you want to have and I will give you the credits needed.
I am working with the developer of the auction mod to allow members to buy bulk credits because I want to have each auction listing at only $.50 and there will be NO final value fee's or any other charges. The problem with charging only $.50 is that Paypal will take it all with their fee's so I am looking to sell blocks of 10 for $5 and that way paypal will only take $.50 for it's fee's from the $5.
There is a cost to adding this so it's not free to me but I think it would be great for everyone to be able to list items on the forum and have some structure instead of posts. this will also allow sellers to use auction style if there are more then one person interested in the same item. This will solve any bidding wars by email.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. There are several settings and the developers instructions leave a bit to be desired so we will use the next couple months as a good trial period to work out the kinks. It's not going to be exactly like ebay and there are some limitations that you may be used to with ebay but it is what it is ;) It's also a great start! Enjoy!
I am willing to list a bunch of things to test it out.  I will see if I can figure it out on my own and call out for help as needed.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »
I am willing to list a bunch of things to test it out.  I will see if I can figure it out on my own and call out for help as needed.
The first screen is to list the item and description. You will also enter the amount, number of days, increment number (probably $1), & paypal email address.
Then you will hit list item. Then you can upload your pictures. You can have up to 6 pictures per auction.
Give it a try!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
The first screen is to list the item and description. You will also enter the amount, number of days, increment number (probably $1), & paypal email address.
Then you will hit list item. Then you can upload your pictures. You can have up to 6 pictures per auction.
Give it a try!
Does the payment method have to be paypal, and if so, does it have to be a business account that accepts credit cards (where paypal takes a percentage of the sale)?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:53:52 PM by BumChex »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Let me see if I follow this. We can list items for free in this section or we can list the same items in the auction section as a BIN and be charged for it?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
Does the payment method have to be paypal, and if so, does it have to be a business account that accepts credit cards (where paypal takes a percentage of the sale)?
You don't have to accept paypal as long as you state it in the auction. You can have them send other forms of payment. Paypal is just easy. You don't need a biz account unless paypal thinks you do. I think it goes by the amount and if the person pays with a credit card.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Let me see if I follow this. We can list items for free in this section or we can list the same items in the auction section as a BIN and be charged for it?
No, there will be a charge for any kind of auction. Like I mentioned, I plan to keep this really cheap at $.50 per listing. I am trying to work out a deal with the developer to allow users to buy blocks of 10 auction credits at a time because of the paypal fees. When I say auctions it could be BIN as well, just a general term. This is really cheap and could save sellers big bucks. I have to pay for the software so this is a way to recoup the costs and help out the forum members. I will give out free credits in April so get busy :D

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:43 AM »

What I'm saying is you have this free section for selling and trading Wacky Packs. There's no charge for any deals we make from listings there. So why would we move those listings to the auction dept. and be charged for it?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 05:22:48 AM »
No, there will be a charge for any kind of auction. Like I mentioned, I plan to keep this really cheap at $.50 per listing. I am trying to work out a deal with the developer to allow users to buy blocks of 10 auction credits at a time because of the paypal fees. When I say auctions it could be BIN as well, just a general term. This is really cheap and could save sellers big bucks. I have to pay for the software so this is a way to recoup the costs and help out the forum members. I will give out free credits in April so get busy :D
I think what Plan9 is trying to ask is, why would people pay to list items for sale when they could just use a thread in the "Sell Wacky Packages" area to sell something for free?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 05:32:02 AM »
I think what Plan9 is trying to ask is, why would people pay to list items for sale when they could just use a thread in the "Sell Wacky Packages" area to sell something for free?
I think over time, we will find it more convenient to view the auction site to find items for sale as our discipline tends to break down over time and we end up with 10-15 of the same types of buy/sell/trade sites.  My time is valuable to me so if I have to spend 50 cents to list items for 30 days and it now becomes easier for people to find what is for sale hence possibly more sales and likewise, when I am looking for something, it becomes very easy to find, it seems to pay off.  For items that it is hard to pick a BIN, auction style has the obvious benefits but of course, if too many bidders are on ebay only, then it becomes counter productive. 

Bottom line, I am not going be the type to knock this before I try it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 05:39:11 AM »
What I'm saying is you have this free section for selling and trading Wacky Packs. There's no charge for any deals we make from listings there. So why would we move those listings to the auction dept. and be charged for it?
We should learn from greg's wacky mall as that seems to have been kicked to the curb as dead as I see little in the way of activity there.  This forum auction site runs the risk of becoming that so we need to indentify what made the wacky mall die off.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
I think over time, we will find it more convenient to view the auction site to find items for sale as our discipline tends to break down over time and we end up with 10-15 of the same types of buy/sell/trade sites.  My time is valuable to me so if I have to spend 50 cents to list items for 30 days and it now becomes easier for people to find what is for sale hence possibly more sales and likewise, when I am looking for something, it becomes very easy to find, it seems to pay off.  For items that it is hard to pick a BIN, auction style has the obvious benefits but of course, if too many bidders are on ebay only, then it becomes counter productive. 

Bottom line, I am not going be the type to knock this before I try it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the idea.  I was just trying to explain what I think Plan was saying.  I agree that the trading post section of the forum can be hard to follow and I would be willing to try listing some items this way.  However, I am currently in the buying mode right now and not the selling mode.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the idea.  I was just trying to explain what I think Plan was saying.  I agree that the trading post section of the forum can be hard to follow and I would be willing to try listing some items this way.  However, I am currently in the buying mode right now and not the selling mode.
That's my problem, I'm always in buying mode!!!  :o BTW for our "Anniversary" Mrs. Zombie (Joan) said I could go on a "Wacky"shopping spree!!! WOO HOO!!! :P
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »
That's my problem, I'm always in buying mode!!!  :o BTW for our "Anniversary" Mrs. Zombie (Joan) said I could go on a "Wacky"shopping spree!!! WOO HOO!!! :P
Good timing with the show coming up!  What are the types of things you are looking for?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »
Good timing with the show coming up!  What are the types of things you are looking for?
I love the "oddball" stuff, any kind of "Wacky Advertising" I love the "Placks" also. Someone had 4 of them on ebay w/a "BIN" or offer I went to make an offer last nite and they were sold! :'( :-[ :(

Offline bandaches

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »
I love the "oddball" stuff, any kind of "Wacky Advertising" I love the "Placks" also. Someone had 4 of them on ebay w/a "BIN" or offer I went to make an offer last nite and they were sold! :'( :-[ :(
I just added some original series uncut puzzle checklists to my for sale section in case you are interested.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
I just added some original series uncut puzzle checklists to my for sale section in case you are interested.
Thanks Enie, I will go check them out...I just got a pretty (unique) "Jay Lynch" sketch. Check it out on the "Wacky Sketch" thread.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »
Just so everyone is clear on the auctions - there is no proxy bidding. Whatever you bid will be the bid amount. So if you the most you will pay for an auction is $50 and you put in $50 then the auction will jump up to $50.
I guess it works more like a silent auction where people can walk around and put in a larger bid then you.
It's pretty fun.