Author Topic: New Postcard Binder  (Read 8868 times)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
New Postcard Binder
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »
I think I have brought this up before, but would anyone be interested in a NEW Postcard Binder?  Another binder to choose from with titles since the first binder would be nice.  Wonder if this is an option, or if Topps has a bunch of the other postcard binders they want to get rid of first?

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: New Postcard Binder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
I think I have brought this up before, but would anyone be interested in a NEW Postcard Binder?  Another binder to choose from with titles since the first binder would be nice.  Wonder if this is an option, or if Topps has a bunch of the other postcard binders they want to get rid of first?

I, for one, would be. I have all my postcard sets in one binder and its busting at the seams. They offer a new binder for every Old School release, how about a new Postcard binder every 6 or 7 releases Topps!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
I, for one, would be. I have all my postcard sets in one binder and its busting at the seams. They offer a new binder for every Old School release, how about a new Postcard binder every 6 or 7 releases Topps!

I ended up with 3 PC binders initially. I'm just started using the 3rd. My other 2 are full. I wouldn't mind a new binder. A halloween binder would be really cool!

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
I ended up with 3 PC binders initially. I'm just started using the 3rd. My other 2 are full. I wouldn't mind a new binder. A halloween binder would be really cool!

A Halloween binder is a great idea!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 06:46:25 AM »

3 binders?!  I am still on one with some space left over.........

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »
3 binders?!  I am still on one with some space left over.........

I'm using the Topps binders. They are smaller than the pictured binder.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
I'm using the Topps binders. They are smaller than the pictured binder.

I know, I was just messing with you.  I don't use the Topps puffy binders because they take up too much space.  I have to address my safe issue because I am almost at a point where I can't fit in anymore binders, and the new series are still coming out............

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
I know, I was just messing with you.  I don't use the Topps puffy binders because they take up too much space.  I have to address my safe issue because I am almost at a point where I can't fit in anymore binders, and the new series are still coming out............

Make sure you ventalate the safe (open the doors often) and put a moisture atractor in your safe. 

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
Make sure you ventalate the safe (open the doors often) and put a moisture atractor in your safe.  

Here is my atractor:

Here is my btractor:

That reminds me of a joke... A modest Hoosier farmer was traveling and met a Texas rancher. The rancher bragged how he could hop in his pickup in the morning, drive all day, and not reach the other side of his property by nightfall. The farmer replied, "I used to have a pickup truck like that too". 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:56:01 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »

Thanks, I do open it frequently but I don't have any type of moisture remover.  I'm assuming you meant "extractor"? 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »

That thing is huge! I don't have one but maybe I should look at getting one.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
That thing is huge! I don't have one but maybe I should look at getting one.

It is big and heavy (400lbs), which is a good thing since noone can walk out with it.  I actually tore my bicep muscle trying to lift it up myself.  That was pretty dumb.  It does give me piece of mind from theft or fire.  I can't imagine if I lost the whole collection because it wasn't in a safe.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »

The way that safe is lit up I want to jump in it and begin pilfering! A safe keeps things safe – how often does that happen, all yea wordsmiths out there . . .

{atractor and btractor, lol}

He is probably referring to a desiccant that removes moisture from the air, such as silica gel, calcium sulfate, or calcium chloride (sold as DampRid in hardware stores)

Also an effective way to quickly turn grapes into raisins (Slum Maid raisins, of course)

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
You should periodically open and close your safe to prevent build-up of humidity trapped in the safe when it was closed. Desiccant packs are also helpful in preventing the buildup of humidity in the safe.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
One question and one comment that are completely off-topic yet still part of the conversation:

(1) Where is a good place to buy desiccant packs (good quality and good prices)? I've had a hard time finding these.

(2) Damn, Rob, I am simply in awe of your collection.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »
Did a quick search and found this place:

http://www.silicagelpackets.com/

Offline Porkie

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »
Did a quick search and found this place:

http://www.silicagelpackets.com/

I must have been searching for the wrong stuff -- thanks for the link! I've been wanting to put these in some stored media boxes forever.

Back to the binder topic: a Halloween Binder would be awesome. I do like the Topps binders, but as Rob said, the puffiness of them does make them take up more space.

I've got a stack of 8 or 9 of these binders I have yet to use! I ended up going with a wider D-ring but they do tend to get heavy once loaded.

Lastly, I've gone back to the Silver series of UltraPro 9-card pages since they actually lay flat unlike the dang "platinum" ones. Also they are thinner and thus I can fit more in the binders. Going to be transferring these over the coming weeks -- all part of the Wacky housekeeping...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »

I would like to see a new postcard binder, preferably one that is devoted to the Halloween series.  However, a more generic postcard one that somehow included many of the Halloween images would be OK with me as well (though perhaps that would be fairly awkward).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »

Lastly, I've gone back to the Silver series of UltraPro 9-card pages since they actually lay flat unlike the dang "platinum" ones. Also they are thinner and thus I can fit more in the binders. Going to be transferring these over the coming weeks -- all part of the Wacky housekeeping...

I'll order some of those platinum sheets to test them out.  I swap out my binder sleeves every few years because they get scratched up over time, so if I like them I'll go that route too.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
I'll order some of those platinum sheets to test them out.  I swap out my binder sleeves every few years because they get scratched up over time, so if I like them I'll go that route too.

Just to be sure: I would recommend the Silver and not the Platinum. The Platinum are thicker and do not lay flat (the corner pockets, especially the lower-left "curl" and are bad for tan backs in my experience).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »
Just to be sure: I would recommend the Silver and not the Platinum. The Platinum are thicker and do not lay flat (the corner pockets, especially the lower-left "curl" and are bad for tan backs in my experience).

Thanks, I just bought 100 of the silvers.  I notice that some suppliers like 2buds only offer Platinum, but I found the silvers at dacardworld.com.  I'll let you know when I get them!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
He is probably referring to a desiccant that removes moisture from the air, such as silica gel, calcium sulfate, or calcium chloride (sold as DampRid in hardware stores)

But for God's sake, please please please DO NOT EAT them.   :]

Rob, I am in awe of your safe and collection.  I need a safe like that!

Oh, and yes, Topps, please give us a new Postcard binder!

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Porkie

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
Thanks, I just bought 100 of the silvers.  I notice that some suppliers like 2buds only offer Platinum, but I found the silvers at dacardworld.com.  I'll let you know when I get them!

I noticed this last round of Silvers I bought doesn't seem as flat as the previous round (a year or two ago), but they definitely lay more flat than the Platinums.

I've also been playing with the Staples 9-pocket pages. These seem to lay super flat, but they have an overlap problem near the pocket openings that cause little odd wrinkles. Also I don't find them as easy to put cards into, and they are definitely more expensive.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
I noticed this last round of Silvers I bought doesn't seem as flat as the previous round (a year or two ago), but they definitely lay more flat than the Platinums.

I've also been playing with the Staples 9-pocket pages. These seem to lay super flat, but they have an overlap problem near the pocket openings that cause little odd wrinkles. Also I don't find them as easy to put cards into, and they are definitely more expensive.

I got my box of silver series in today and they are a little flatter than the platinum but like you said they aren't that flat.  There are small waves all over.  I like how clear they are but I prefer them to be flatter.

anything