Author Topic: Gary / Head & Boulders  (Read 72739 times)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
Re: Gary / Head & Boulders
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
Update: 3-2-12

Gary really enjoyed looking at all the cards.  His daughter showed all of them to him and read them to him as well.  It has really helped to break the monotony and she is very grateful to everyone here who has helped.  She will take a photo of the sketches when she can.

This is really excellent to hear!

Wow, I have to say I actually like his Happy Daze better than the one in OLDS3!  :great:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
I never said to get him a gift. I know some folks have been sending out cards, so its more of awareness that his birthday is coming soon in case they send any other cards.

I know, I was just kidding around.  Cards would be a nice gesture.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
Update: 3-2-12

Gary really enjoyed looking at all the cards.  His daughter showed all of them to him and read them to him as well.  It has really helped to break the monotony and she is very grateful to everyone here who has helped.  She will take a photo of the sketches when she can.

The best Olds 3 news yet.  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
The best Olds 3 news yet.  :great:

Yep, and it even gets better....   Gary's vent settings are now set to where he is taking all his breaths on his own. The vent is providing pressure to open his lungs and some oxygen to make breathing easier. This is a big step towards being off of the vent and opens up a path to speech therapy.    :great:

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:58 AM »
Yep, and it even gets better....   Gary's vent settings are now set to where he is taking all his breaths on his own. The vent is providing pressure to open his lungs and some oxygen to make breathing easier. This is a big step towards being off of the vent and opens up a path to speech therapy.    :great:

That is some good news!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »

Awesome. Sounds like some good healing going on  :)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

Amazing what a couple of boxes of Wacky's will do! :great:

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
Amazing what a couple of boxes of Wacky's will do! :great:

LOL! Hope the positive recovery news keeps on coming in.  ;D

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2012, 09:55:35 PM »
Thanks for the updates....the more I hear the more I realize this accident is worse than I could ever imagine.  I hope we (the wacky community) can be a small part in gary's recovery!

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
Thanks for the updates....the more I hear the more I realize this accident is worse than I could ever imagine.  I hope we (the wacky community) can be a small part in gary's recover.

I think we have been indeed a small but bright part of his recovery. He has a long road ahead but if we stay in contact with him, and remind him that he has friends and cohorts who think about him and care about him, it should help with the recovery process.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
Got a message that the check was received.   :D Huge thanks to all here and I'm guessing we'll probably be hearing from Gary's daughter on here eventually.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
Got a message that the check was received.   :D Huge thanks to all here and I'm guessing we'll probably be hearing from Gary's daughter on here eventually.

Looking forward to hearing all things positive !

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
Looking forward to hearing all things positive !

I hear he's got a Blue Ray in his room now and seems to enjoy it quite a bit.  :great:

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Hows Gary doing? Haven't heard anything in a while.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
We need to know if he has a different address.
I'm planning on sending him a set of LE postcards. I might even use the non-LE to mail to him. Never mailed one of the wacky postcards so it's about time!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
We need to know if he has a different address.
I'm planning on sending him a set of LE postcards. I might even use the non-LE to mail to him. Never mailed one of the wacky postcards so it's about time!

That's awesome Brad. How bout that, using the postcard for it's actual use. Fantastic !

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »
Sorry for the absence of info.   Gary is currently fighting another infection and is back on the ventilator for a bit until that subsides. The address is the same for sending birthday wishes. 

Just today, something clicked in my head that reminded me of something that I hadn't really put the pieces together on, but one of my friends is a professional photographer who has shot the band "Kiss"  many times over the past 30 years and I called him up and he's going to make a nice large sized 20 x 30 print of Kiss that he shot back in the day.  It'll be a little late for Gary's birthday, but only by a week.  I can't believe I didn't think of this before, even before the accident because I know Gary is such a big Kiss fan.  I just never put two and two together.   

This is not the pic, but the one he is printing is from this same photo session. 

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »
Sorry for the absence of info.   Gary is currently fighting another infection and is back on the ventilator for a bit until that subsides. The address is the same for sending birthday wishes. 

Just today, something clicked in my head that reminded me of something that I hadn't really put the pieces together on, but one of my friends is a professional photographer who has shot the band "Kiss"  many times over the past 30 years and I called him up and he's going to make a nice large sized 20 x 30 print of Kiss that he shot back in the day.  It'll be a little late for Gary's birthday, but only by a week.  I can't believe I didn't think of this before, even before the accident because I know Gary is such a big Kiss fan.  I just never put two and two together.   

This is not the pic, but the one he is printing is from this same photo session. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

That's cool. He'll like that ! We're planning on seeing Kiss with Motley Crue this Sept. Can't wait.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Gary!  Keep the faith!  You'll be back here soon, I just know it!

Your friend Kris.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2012, 04:23:06 AM »
Happy Birthday Gary. I hope everything continues to get better.

Brian.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2012, 04:35:23 AM »
Happy Birthday Gary!  All my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »
If this is belated, Happy Birthday, Gary. And I hope you are out of the hospital and rehab or something like that by the time Wacky Packages ANS9 comes out.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »
Hey Gary, Happy Birthday. Hope you're feeling better everyday and your birthday wishes come true.  :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Happy B-Day Gary, I hope a family member is reading the forum to you.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
Happy Birthday Gary! Keep thinking positive healing thoughts.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday, Gary! Get well soon -- We miss you bud!  :great:

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »

Hey Brad, Just my opinion here, Whatever the donation amount is currently up to, I say half of it goes towards OS 3 and the rest in a check to help him and the family out.

Hope my b-day card arrived to you OK Gary, Please get well soon, I speak for all the members that we need you back on here as soon as you can.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
I received the print today.  It looks great and is signed and numbered by the photographer (#2 of 500)  
It's 25" x 25" and to me, it looks just like the one posted above.

I think Gary will like this. I'll ship it out to him on Monday.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:49:47 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
I received the print today.  It looks great and is signed and numbered by the photographer (#2 of 500)  
It's 25" x 25" and to me, it looks just like the one posted above.

I think Gary will like this. I'll ship it out to him on Monday.

That is awesome. I'm sure he will love it. Great idea!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »
That Kiss print is great. I wish we could get some feedback from the family.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:39 AM »
That Kiss print is great. I wish we could get some feedback from the family.

Yeah, I think we will, but I know that things are still very difficult and hectic for everyone. Last I heard, Gary was back on the respirator with an infection.  It's only been 3 months, nearly to the day since the accident.  I sure wish he was able to communicate on here.  I'm sure that's a future goal.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Hello Everyone, let me start out by saying thank you for all that forum has done for Dad, and our family. Dad loves that new Kiss photo, and he really loves the wacky packages that were sent too. I did take a picture of those sketch cards, I just have to find what I did with it, I know you all have probably been wondering about that. The get well banner is really neat, and has generated a lot of questions from people. It is funny trying to explain what wacky packages are to people who have never heard of them before. I know everyone probably wants an update on Dad, but not much has changed recently. He has his ups and downs and infections are going to be an ongoing thing for him as long as he can not breath on his own. They are trying to wean him down off the vent again though. He will probably be getting moved sometime this weekend or next week, not sure yet. The new places is going to be great though, they really focus on getting people out of their rooms. We will be able to get Dad in a chair and take him outside with a portable ventilator. He really hasn't been outside since the accident so I am really happy we will be able to do that for him at least. If everything goes through as far as getting him transferred I will be sure to let you know when and where it is. I just hope that some day he can use at least his arms again, he is such an artistic person and I hate that he isn't able to draw or play guitar right now. I know that anything is possible through God though, so please continue praying for him. This is Sarah by the way, I am his oldest daughter. Thank you so much for helping to keep my Dad in good spirits.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
Thanks Sarah! I sure hope we are able to brighten a few days for him. All us Wacky People...LOL
He probably didn't realize he had so many friends that care for him and that is great!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:51:59 PM by BumChex »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »
Hello Everyone, let me start out by saying thank you for all that forum has done for Dad, and our family. Dad loves that new Kiss photo, and he really loves the wacky packages that were sent too. I did take a picture of those sketch cards, I just have to find what I did with it, I know you all have probably been wondering about that. The get well banner is really neat, and has generated a lot of questions from people. It is funny trying to explain what wacky packages are to people who have never heard of them before. I know everyone probably wants an update on Dad, but not much has changed recently. He has his ups and downs and infections are going to be an ongoing thing for him as long as he can not breath on his own. They are trying to wean him down off the vent again though. He will probably be getting moved sometime this weekend or next week, not sure yet. The new places is going to be great though, they really focus on getting people out of their rooms. We will be able to get Dad in a chair and take him outside with a portable ventilator. He really hasn't been outside since the accident so I am really happy we will be able to do that for him at least. If everything goes through as far as getting him transferred I will be sure to let you know when and where it is. I just hope that some day he can use at least his arms again, he is such an artistic person and I hate that he isn't able to draw or play guitar right now. I know that anything is possible through God though, so please continue praying for him. This is Sarah by the way, I am his oldest daughter. Thank you so much for helping to keep my Dad in good spirits.
Sarah, thanks for taking the time to write us. I hope the new place will do him good and we shall keep on praying for his recovery.