Author Topic: Wacky Packages ANS 8 Golds  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Joe G.

Wacky Packages ANS 8 Golds
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
I see that the last 4-5 ANS 8 Golds went for around $40 and the last one for $21!  Has anyone completed these?  Is $40 the new price point for Golds?  How many have people collected?

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Wacky Packages ANS 8 Golds
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
At the risk of sounding overly negative, it's really starting to seem like the chase card concept has run its course. Run of the mill sketches don't seem to attract much interest anymore, and the golds seem completely dead. I never collected any of this stuff in the first place, so it would be informative to hear the take of someone like Rob who has.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
At the risk of sounding overly negative, it's really starting to seem like the chase card concept has run its course. Run of the mill sketches don't seem to attract much interest anymore, and the golds seem completely dead. I never collected any of this stuff in the first place, so it would be informative to hear the take of someone like Rob who has.
I predicted long ago that golds would settle to $20.  I would spend $20 for a decent sketch over a gold any day so i think people expanding their sketch collections would be more likely than expanding into gold chase cards.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »

Well, I said at the release of ANS8 that I wouldn't be collecting the golds this time around.  With 55 titles it seemed insane to keep going with the gold sets.

Then a friend of mine picked up a hot case, and in every pack that was supposed to be a silver there was a gold!  Crazy luck.  He ended up with roughly 100 golds and @ 45 of them were unique titles!  He gave me such a good deal on them I changed my mind and bought his 45 unique ones.  I haven't heard of any other cases that this happened since it must have been a rare anomaly, and possibly the only case it happened to.  I've since bought singles here and there and am down to needing 4 more titles to be complete.  If anyone has any of these please PM me!..............

2 / 19 / 29 / 55

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »
Rob, that's an amazing story, glad you're so close to completing the set!  
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:27:58 PM by vfx2g »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
Rob, that's an amazing story, glad you're so close to completing the set!  

I know, I wish that happened to me!  Imagine what that would have been like, getting a gold card inside every 6 packs! 

Offline Neveready

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »
I was excited to finally get my first gold (ever) in my box of ANS8.  Couldn't imagine getting a truck load of them like that!  I would have passed out!  As much as I'd like to collect the golds, I just can't afford it.  So I'll be happy with the one I have (#35).  :D

Offline ducboy

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

Then a friend of mine picked up a hot case, and in every pack that was supposed to be a silver there was a gold!  Crazy luck.  He ended up with roughly 100 golds and @ 45 of them were unique titles!  He gave me such a good deal on them I changed my mind and bought his 45 unique ones.  I haven't heard of any other cases that this happened since it must have been a rare anomaly, and possibly the only case it happened to.  I've since bought singles here and there and am down to needing 4 more titles to be complete.  If anyone has any of these please PM me!..............

2 / 19 / 29 / 55

Rob,

You may remember that wasn't the only "Hot" gold case ever found.
I had that hot one during Flashback 1 where I got 33 golds in one case, 32 of those were in place of the silver, and the 1 extra gold the case was supposed to have.

Ed
Ed
One of the DS's

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 07:28:03 AM »
Rob,

You may remember that wasn't the only "Hot" gold case ever found.
I had that hot one during Flashback 1 where I got 33 golds in one case, 32 of those were in place of the silver, and the 1 extra gold the case was supposed to have.

Ed

I definitely remember that you lucky duck!  I think they should do that intentionally for every series, but just for one or two cases.  It makes for great stories and excitement!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
I definitely remember that you lucky duck!  I think they should do that intentionally for every series, but just for one or two cases.  It makes for great stories and excitement!

I don't know whether they still do it, but I remember Rittenhouse used to pack a couple of boxes of Star Trek sets that included EVERY insert, including autographs.

Offline ducboy

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 06:01:03 PM »
It definitely was a lot of fun and exciting too but the whole
thing kinda soured me on some aspects of the hobby.

I no longer buy in any kind of quantity to repeat that one.
So I pop up here every once in a great while to stay current  ;)

Ed
Ed
One of the DS's

anything