Author Topic: 2011 Philly Show Promo Card Requestor List  (Read 20759 times)

Offline Playskull

Re: 2011 Philly Show Promo Card Requestor List
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
Pm sent

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »
Mike indicated that the comics would be available at the online store after the show (next week, if I understood correctly).  And the Old School 3 promo says "Non Sports Update" on the reverse, so I'm thinking it will be in the next issue.  But, that postcard was a show promo, and they were really being strict about those.  They wouldn't even sell me an admission for tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure they did that for people last time I was there, and you just got the wristbands for both days at once.  I tried to get a few people to part with their postcard promos this afternoon, to help out forum friends, but had no luck  :'(

I wonder if they were really being strict because they knew of some folks here who couldn't make the show and were trying to get them? That would suck if that is the case. Although that would definately thwart the flippers. Yes, they did allow you to buy another admission and get anther promo when I was there. Not only that, but you could of done that both days too. So being there both days, you could of ended up with 4 promo sets allowing you to have 3 extras.

So there wasn't any "postcard" size promo's? Like the Peepers promo before? Just a standard size card?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »
OMG, just read the thread about the W.P. Comic by Jay. Too Cool. If anyone is attending the show tomorrow and can get me a copy - Please, please, please do so and I will gladly pay for your troubles.  :great:

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2011, 07:58:57 PM »
I wonder if they were really being strict because they knew of some folks here who couldn't make the show and were trying to get them? That would suck if that is the case. Although that would definately thwart the flippers. Yes, they did allow you to buy another admission and get anther promo when I was there. Not only that, but you could of done that both days too. So being there both days, you could of ended up with 4 promo sets allowing you to have 3 extras.

So there wasn't any "postcard" size promo's? Like the Peepers promo before? Just a standard size card?

There was a postcard promo - that's the one that says "Philly Non-Sports Show" on the back.  And like Peepers, it has a Wacky Postcard logo, but this one is more specific in that it is pretty much the Halloween 2011 reverse.  The regular sized card is Old School 3, and says NSU on the reverse, so it may end up in the next magazine.

I had hoped to get 4 pairs, as you mentioned, but they would only allow 2.  I cannot possibly drive back tomorrow to get 2 more, and a hotel stay tonight just to get two more pairs would have cost me so much that I would have had to ask forum members for more than the cards would go for on ebay.

I suspect the reasoning behind this is to drive up show attendance on Sunday.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

My 3 sets are now spoken for!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
There was a postcard promo - that's the one that says "Philly Non-Sports Show" on the back.  And like Peepers, it has a Wacky Postcard logo, but this one is more specific in that it is pretty much the Halloween 2011 reverse.  The regular sized card is Old School 3, and says NSU on the reverse, so it may end up in the next magazine.

I had hoped to get 4 pairs, as you mentioned, but they would only allow 2.  I cannot possibly drive back tomorrow to get 2 more, and a hotel stay tonight just to get two more pairs would have cost me so much that I would have had to ask forum members for more than the cards would go for on ebay.

I suspect the reasoning behind this is to drive up show attendance on Sunday.

Thanks for the info Pat. Glad you were able to make the show despite your flat tire there. Hope to see you and everyone else at the next one. ;)

anything