Author Topic: 2011 Philly Show Promo Card Requestor List  (Read 19953 times)

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: 2011 Philly Show Promo Card Requestor List
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:17 PM »
Unfortunately there will be far more people in need than people attending so assuming everyone who attends wants to keep one, there simply won't be enough to go around in theory.

Yeah - it probably won't work out, but I'm glad that someone is making the attempt.  I appreciate the optimism and thoughtful consideration.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Unfortunately there will be far more people in need than people attending so assuming everyone who attends wants to keep one, there simply won't be enough to go around in theory.

Most likely that is going to be the case. My main motivation for the list was to get a concrete idea of the ratio of the two.

People who are going can pick people from the list they want to contact and set things up that way -- whatever works for each. We won't really know until after the show and the dust settles.

Who knows, maybe some Topps Elves will find a way to sprinkle some extras around somehow. ;)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
You'd think the forum members who couldn't make the show would be able to get in on these at least. There should be another way. I mean, do they run out after so many attendee's? If not, then it's not like there isn't enough of Bonus cards to go around, so why shouldn't the obvious collectors be able to get a set?  :^)
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

Yeah that does seem to be the concern, Looking at the amount of collectors that want the Wacky promos & other cards (Which is around 25) Compared to the people who can attend the show (Which the last yr or 2 has
only been about 15 or 20) may not pan out too well, But I believe that each member that is on this list will get the cards.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
People who would like at least one of each Wacky Promo card (Postcard and WP3 (if it exists)):

Would like a ticket on bandwagon myself....put me down for the entry fee

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:08 AM »
You'd think the forum members who couldn't make the show would be able to get in on these at least. There should be another way. I mean, do they run out after so many attendee's? If not, then it's not like there isn't enough of Bonus cards to go around, so why shouldn't the obvious collectors be able to get a set?  :^)

Having talked to Roxanne Toser about this the bonus cards are a way to encourage people to go to the shows.  I know it's not possible for everyone to go but the bottomline is that if the bonus/promo cards were made available without going to the show attendance who likely go down.  There's been a couple shows that I've been on the fence about and I went knowing there were going to be exclusive Wacky cards there. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »
I'm kinda late on this, but hope to be on the list for help to get these promos.
Thanks, Willie

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 06:38:58 PM »
Me too, gracias!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
Me too, gracias!

I'd love to get one too if possible.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
Having talked to Roxanne Toser about this the bonus cards are a way to encourage people to go to the shows.  I know it's not possible for everyone to go but the bottomline is that if the bonus/promo cards were made available without going to the show attendance who likely go down.  There's been a couple shows that I've been on the fence about and I went knowing there were going to be exclusive Wacky cards there. 

Wow, I really hope that is not true. If the only motivation for people to go is the promo cards then seriously IMO that is pretty sad. When I did get to attend the show a few years ago it was to meet forum folks and those in the hobby, hang and trade with them, have a good time and hopefully find some cool finds at the vendor tables. Which I did manage to do all of those things, but the bonus things given during admission was just that, a bonus and not a motivator for me to attend. As a matter of fact, I had completely forgot about those items when I attended until I was actually in line paying. A few of those made available to some REAL collectors like us forum members who cannot attend I would think would not be such a ludicrous request.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
I, too, highly think this won't happen but if there is a chance someone stays late while they are shutting the show down and gets a butt load of promos. Please help out. You will be well rewarded.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Think I got everyone on their who requested in the thread (just ping me if I missed you).

At minimum it seems like they could always release a slightly modified version later -- e.g. a different back -- so people could at least get the artwork but then there would be something unique for the show. Still, I would think as long as people are willing to buy 'em, why not make them available to all? If the cost was the same or more than the show's admission fee, then there would be incentive to go that route, but for those for whom the trip is impossible (I'm some 1500+ miles away) it doesn't seem unreasonable to want to buy them.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »
Think I got everyone on their who requested in the thread (just ping me if I missed you).

At minimum it seems like they could always release a slightly modified version later -- e.g. a different back -- so people could at least get the artwork but then there would be something unique for the show. Still, I would think as long as people are willing to buy 'em, why not make them available to all? If the cost was the same or more than the show's admission fee, then there would be incentive to go that route, but for those for whom the trip is impossible (I'm some 1500+ miles away) it doesn't seem unreasonable to want to buy them.

I think my fiance will be with me this weekend.  She's pretty cool but I'm not sure she'll actually want to go to the show (I can't blame her), but I think I can get her to at least pay for admission to get a couple extra promo packages.  That would give me 3 extras for forum members.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »
I think my fiance will be with me this weekend.  She's pretty cool but I'm not sure she'll actually want to go to the show (I can't blame her), but I think I can get her to at least pay for admission to get a couple extra promo packages.  That would give me 3 extras for forum members.

Give her a high five for taking one for the team!   :08:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »

3 Cheers for Sandy!!!!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
When did she become "fiance"?  Congrats!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Kook

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »

Yes, congratulations! Her status at the last show I saw you was girlfriend.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:39 AM »
When did she become "fiance"?  Congrats!

Thanks guys.  It was a couple months ago.  We still have some hurdles to cross before she can move to CT so we can live together, but at least we are committed to make it happen.  We've been seeing each other for 7 years now!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
Thanks guys.  It was a couple months ago.  We still have some hurdles to cross before she can move to CT so we can live together, but at least we are committed to make it happen.  We've been seeing each other for 7 years now!
My wife and I dated for 7 years before tying the knot.  I guess 7 is a lucky number after all!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »
My wife and I dated for 7 years before tying the knot.  I guess 7 is a lucky number after all!
Us, too! It seemed like a long time to wait (read: procrastinate); but now having been married for almost 20 years, it seems like a wise move.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
Us, too! It seemed like a long time to wait (read: procrastinate); but now having been married for almost 20 years, it seems like a wise move.

We probably would have done it sooner but she has kids that live with her on Long Island and have visitations with her X, and I have kids and live in CT.  Working through the logistics isn't easy!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
We probably would have done it sooner but she has kids that live with her on Long Island and have visitations with her X, and I have kids and live in CT.  Working through the logistics isn't easy!

I can only imagine! It sounds like you guys are doing it the right way, not rushing into anything. Congrats!

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »

congratulations!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
That is awesome! Congratulations.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »

Congrat's Pop! You've made it this far, the rest will work out fine !  ;) 

Offline Porkie

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »
Aye, congrats!  :great:

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »

CONGRATS!! MR. BRADY...SEE YA AT THE SHOW.. :] :]

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »

You could probably stretch the engagement out 4 to 6 years too   ;)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
I checked eBay and I'm nervous to see that the Philly Show promo postcards, comics and promo cards are selling for big $. You could easily spend $100 just to get all 3 items!

I'm hoping one of two things happen:

1. There will be extra postcards, promo cards and comics to offer forum members at a reasonable price.

2. eBay is flooded with these so the price goes down.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
I checked eBay and I'm nervous to see that the Philly Show promo postcards, comics and promo cards are selling for big $. You could easily spend $100 just to get all 3 items!

I'm hoping one of two things happen:

1. There will be extra postcards, promo cards and comics to offer forum members at a reasonable price.

2. eBay is flooded with these so the price goes down.

Mike indicated that the comics would be available at the online store after the show (next week, if I understood correctly).  And the Old School 3 promo says "Non Sports Update" on the reverse, so I'm thinking it will be in the next issue.  But, that postcard was a show promo, and they were really being strict about those.  They wouldn't even sell me an admission for tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure they did that for people last time I was there, and you just got the wristbands for both days at once.  I tried to get a few people to part with their postcard promos this afternoon, to help out forum friends, but had no luck  :'(

Offline Swiski

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »
Thanks for the update...and for attempting to acquire extras!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »

I was able to come away with 3 extra postcard promos and 3 Olds 3 promos at the show today for the price of admission (I think 7 or 8 bucks?).  I'll sell these for the same price plus a couple bucks postage, so 10 bucks will work.  I'll sell them to the first PM's I get in order, and please, these are for those who weren't at the show and wants them for their collection!

Hopefully more of these will be available on the forum so everyone can get them!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
I was able to come away with 3 extra postcard promos and 3 Olds 3 promos at the show today for the price of admission (I think 7 or 8 bucks?).  I'll sell these for the same price plus a couple bucks postage, so 10 bucks will work.  I'll sell them to the first PM's I get in order, and please, these are for those who weren't at the show and wants them for their collection!

Hopefully more of these will be available on the forum so everyone can get them!

PM sent

Offline Swiski

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »

I still have one set left!  Just in case my email wasn't clear I'm selling both the Baby Wrath postcard and Olds 3 promo for $10.00 total, not $10.00 each.