Author Topic: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread  (Read 235953 times)

Offline Liptorn

Re: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
Hopefully this time we gave you a good reason to open all the packs!

Ludlow backs!!!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:44 PM »
Ludlow backs!!!

Ooooooh. That would fit the Old School theme! Also "short prints", etc.

Good one!  :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
Ooooooh. That would fit the Old School theme! Also "short prints", etc.

Good one!  :great:

Short printing a couple titles would be kind of fun.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
Maybe they're bringing back the price of 5¢ a pack.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
Maybe they're bringing back the price of 5¢ a pack.

At 20 for $1 I could probably collect as many as Brad!  ;D

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »
Just finished up the final plans for the series today. Make that the return of old friendS. Lots of new stuff this series. Way more things to collect.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »
Just finished up the final plans for the series today. Make that the return of old friendS. Lots of new stuff this series. Way more things to collect.

I know this would probably be total speculation on your part, but if you had to take a guess, how long would you say Topps will continue to come out with new series?  We're 7 years and counting and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:01 PM »
I know this would probably be total speculation on your part, but if you had to take a guess, how long would you say Topps will continue to come out with new series?  We're 7 years and counting and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

Are you asking about all Wacky series or just OLDS or ANS? Still plenty of new material for ANS I think plus with kid turnover you can always flip back to the popular products every few years. With OLDS I think I have around 7-8 series worth of stuff. Jason gets me great images and ideas all the time. We can also do a round of 60s products as a die-cut series and also 80s products so plenty left in the tank if people are still digging it.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »

will there be a free stuff with orders over certain amount?? that was a nice added extra...esp. the binder..maybe a free poster or REAL wax wrapper

Excellent work on all the OLDS series...will you be sparring with Greg @ the October Show?? Will you be at the show?? met Jay last time it was cool!!

Thx Dave

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Are you asking about all Wacky series or just OLDS or ANS? Still plenty of new material for ANS I think plus with kid turnover you can always flip back to the popular products every few years. With OLDS I think I have around 7-8 series worth of stuff. Jason gets me great images and ideas all the time. We can also do a round of 60s products as a die-cut series and also 80s products so plenty left in the tank if people are still digging it.

I was referring to any series like Old School, ANS, Postcards, Flashbacks, etc.  Even if ANS dropped out and the Postcard series and Old School continued it would be plenty to keep us busy.  I guess the easy answer is when they stop making a good profit!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
will there be a free stuff with orders over certain amount?? that was a nice added extra...esp. the binder..maybe a free poster or REAL wax wrapper

Excellent work on all the OLDS series...will you be sparring with Greg @ the October Show?? Will you be at the show?? met Jay last time it was cool!!

Thx Dave

Greg? Greg who?

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
Greg? Greg who?

that's funny...he knows...just joking of course...

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
This post is for Dave. I just want to say that personally I have enjoyed Olds 1 and 2 far more than the ANS 7 or 8 Series. If I had to choose. I am definately looking forward to the Olds 3 and hope that the ANS Series steps up its game to the same level. I guess I am biased because I do look forward to new parodies. It's funny how to find new stuff, you dug into the past and have come up with a Mold Rush of Wormy Packages !  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline dth1971

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »
How about throwing in with every OS3 box a special sneak preview sticker card of an ANS9 entry?

Offline Crust

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
How about throwing in with every OS3 box a special sneak preview sticker card of an ANS9 entry?

Is ther even a series 9 offically? I sure hope so

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
Is ther even a series 9 offically? I sure hope so

No that has been cancelled...along with OLDS3...thanks for coming in... :D :D

Offline Crust

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
No that has been cancelled...along with OLDS3...thanks for coming in... :D :D

The inside cancellation joke strikes again! ;) ;D >:D

Offline dth1971

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
Shut up, Hustler...

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
I keep checking for new News here so I know when to start waiting, but nothing yet..........  ;D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
Congrats on the move, i used to have a house in collingswood, a great town.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »
Shut up, Hustler...

Dude,

They just Cancelled the Halloweennieee PostCards - see other thread....it's gettin' crazy!!  :'( :'(

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
Dude,

They just Cancelled the Halloweennieee PostCards - see other thread....it's gettin' crazy!!  :'( :'(

It's going to be funny when one of these series really does cancel and no one believes it because everyone jokes about it all the time!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
It's going to be funny when one of these series really does cancel and no one believes it because everyone jokes about it all the time!

Or worse yet, we believe the cancellation and Probstien gets all of them.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
From Harris Toser on Twitter:

"This Wacky Packages Old School 3 promo card from Topps will be given away at the Philly Show http://pic.twitter.com/16NjdWn9 "

show info - http://bit.ly/mThFF0
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:30:24 AM by paste_anyplace »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:05 AM »

"This Wacky Packages Old School 3 promo card from Topps will be given away at the Philly Show http://pic.twitter.com/16NjdWn9 "
thanks.

2 wacky promos, 1 show.
almost seems worth it to drop $300 in airfare just to attend...

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »
really cool.  love it.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »

Sweet! :)

I just updated a thread I created for those of us unable to attend the show, who are wishing to purchase an extra of each from someone who does go: 2011 Philly Show Promo Card Requestor List

Offline idiotcomic

• Anders
  • Anders
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
Wowzers old school 3!!!! Cant wait!!!
Howdy!

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
2 wacky promos, 1 show.
almost seems worth it to drop $300 in airfare just to attend...

One guy is coming all the way from the UK to attend the show (granted, he had help from a fundraising campaign):  http://paul2philly.chipin.com/get-paul-to-philly-show

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
One guy is coming all the way from the UK to attend the show (granted, he had help from a fundraising campaign):  http://paul2philly.chipin.com/get-paul-to-philly-show
Nothing against the Philly show (it's fine for what it is), but I think if I came all the way from the UK...and saw what I'm sure I'd see...I'd be a little irked. I'm really not "dissing" it, it's a good show to travel a couple of hours to, but across the entire Atlantic? Think that's debatable, lol.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »

Hey Fred, Do you mean Paul Hart, If so, Me and a lot of the Wacky guys have met him before. He is a very cool guy and has brought some of the UK Wacky items in the past.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »

Thank you for the pic of the OS 3 promo card, If everyone on here has liked OS 1 & 2 so far, Then I think 3 will be just as good.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 06:02:58 AM »
Nothing against the Philly show (it's fine for what it is), but I think if I came all the way from the UK...and saw what I'm sure I'd see...I'd be a little irked. I'm really not "dissing" it, it's a good show to travel a couple of hours to, but across the entire Atlantic? Think that's debatable, lol.

I thought the same thing when I read that.  I can picture him coming in and seeing a bunch of tables and us geeks walking around and wonder where the real show is.  haha.  They do have a nice little snack bar though!

Online bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 07:02:22 AM »

Hey Fred, Do you mean Paul Hart, If so, Me and a lot of the Wacky guys have met him before. He is a very cool guy and has brought some of the UK Wacky items in the past.
Mark,  You should read the article in the link, it is someone named Paul Bines who hosts podcasts relating to non-sport shows.  He seems to know the Tosers.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

Paul Hart is one of the UK's great collector/dealers - I've had many great deals with him on candy stuff.   I agree that he's a very cool guy.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

anything