Author Topic: Alternate 1967 Die Cuts.  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Wacky LBacky

• My Grandads made that Death Ray
Alternate 1967 Die Cuts.
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »
Hi friends.

I've made some progress on filling in the missing teeth in my collection of Wackys. I've had a lot of help from one of the board members here, who is an awesome dude.

I'm getting pretty pumped.

Here are the cards I need:
#6 Grave Train
#15 Skimpy
#18 Quacker
#21 Jolly Mean
#21 Maddie Boy
#23 6 up
#32 Ratz
#38 Cracked Animals
#43 Maddie Boy

I've got a ton of PSA graded (and non graded) duplicates of pretty much everything else. If the deal is right, I even have some PSA 9's I'd part with.

I'd love any help I can get on this.

I'm custom building a backlit, emblazoned beechwood cabinet that will pretty much serve as a monument to wacky packages. I can't wait to fill in all of the holes. All of the board members here, if they swing thru the Northeast US, should let me know. I'll be happy to snap open a frosty beverage, check out my beechwood cabinet, and talk wackys & other collectibles.

Thanks!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Alternate 1967 Die Cuts.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
Hi friends.

I've made some progress on filling in the missing teeth in my collection of Wackys. I've had a lot of help from one of the board members here, who is an awesome dude.

I'm getting pretty pumped.

Here are the cards I need:
#6 Grave Train
#15 Skimpy
#18 Quacker
#21 Jolly Mean
#21 Maddie Boy
#23 6 up
#32 Ratz
#38 Cracked Animals
#43 Maddie Boy

I've got a ton of PSA graded (and non graded) duplicates of pretty much everything else. If the deal is right, I even have some PSA 9's I'd part with.

I'd love any help I can get on this.

I'm custom building a backlit, emblazoned beechwood cabinet that will pretty much serve as a monument to wacky packages. I can't wait to fill in all of the holes. All of the board members here, if they swing thru the Northeast US, should let me know. I'll be happy to snap open a frosty beverage, check out my beechwood cabinet, and talk wackys & other collectibles.

Thanks!

What state do you live in?  We would love to see pics too when you get the cabinet done?

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
That sounds too awesome! You gotta post pics when it is done. Did your grandfather really make the Buck Rogers death Ray? What else did he work on/build?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Wacky LBacky

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
I'll be posting pictures as work progresses on the ultimate 1967 wacky packages die-cut display case. Right now I am in the process of finding the right contractor.
Yes my grandfather built that Buck Rogers gun, it was in his garage forever and now its in my garage. I love it.

Offline Wacky LBacky

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
Hi Wacky Packages friends,

I'm almost done with my display case. The thing basically took on a life all its own. This world is a funny place.

Anyhow, the mason is finishing some of the finishing stone work around the rim of the pedestal. I'm headed over to the Homes Depot to pick out some exterior high-grade paints.

If anyone knows of a Jolly Mean Giant #21, please, please PLEASE shoot it my way. I'll post pics of my display pedestal once its completed, and i NEED that jolly mean.

You guys have been awesome, thanks so much.

Thanks so much.

anything