Author Topic: Wacky Packages Holiday Mega Box  (Read 8688 times)

Offline Joe G.

Wacky Packages Holiday Mega Box
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

Offline Joe G.

Re: Wacky Packages Holiday Mega Box
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
Oh and they also have Wacky Packages Erasers Series 2 for pre-order.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
Does anyone know about this?

http://www.toywiz.com/wackypackagesholidaymegabox.html

I know nothing of this but it looks pretty cool.  My only hesitation is that by the time these are released we'll probably have everything there is to collect with both ANS8 and eraser set #2.  Wonder if there'll be anything unique in it (other than the packaging).

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
Is there something special about the Froot Oops eraser?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
Is there something special about the Froot Oops eraser?
yes, it bizarrely looks like Apple Jerks...  j/k

seriously doubt there'll be a difference. It'll probably be like the 6 pack of erasers in series 1 - where some erasers were visible. But they had no difference from the regular ones, except they didn't come with a sticker.

Online bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
yes, it bizarrely looks like Apple Jerks...  j/k

seriously doubt there'll be a difference. It'll probably be like the 6 pack of erasers in series 1 - where some erasers were visible. But they had no difference from the regular ones, except they didn't come with a sticker.
My read on this was that the Megabox would have three 3-packs and then some other tenth single eraser in there; it may not necessarily be Froot Oops or Apple Jerks...could be wrong, of course. I'm good at that, lol.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
This is funky - and kinda neat. May have to pre-order a few as stocking stuffers... for myself!  ;D

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
OK, lets see if there are 2 different boxes of these. It said in the pre-sale, and now the sale of these that "Fright Loops" was the bonus. In the picture it has "Apple Jerks". Has anyone recieved these yet? I just picked up 1 at Target. It has the "Fright Loops".

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »
OK, lets see if there are 2 different boxes of these. It said in the pre-sale, and now the sale of these that "Fright Loops" was the bonus. In the picture it has "Apple Jerks". Has anyone recieved these yet? I just picked up 1 at Target. It has the "Fright Loops".

my money is on an outdated photoshop in the pictures. it's happened many times before.

dang, I was looking for these last week along with the 12 pack eraser box, but only found the eraser box. guess I'll head out again later in the week to look for these holiday boxes

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
my money is on an outdated photoshop in the pictures. it's happened many times before.

dang, I was looking for these last week along with the 12 pack eraser box, but only found the eraser box. guess I'll head out again later in the week to look for these holiday boxes

Not so photo-shop fast Mister. They were Pre-saled at 14.99. They are now 16.99. The Target box i got today has a 14.99 pre-print. ToyWiz cannot sell a pre-printed 14.99 for 16.99. So there is a second bonus box. (can be found behind the grassy knoll).

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »

Not so photo-shop fast Mister. They were Pre-saled at 14.99. They are now 16.99. The Target box i got today has a 14.99 pre-print. ToyWiz cannot sell a pre-printed 14.99 for 16.99. So there is a second bonus box. (can be found behind the grassy knoll).
I wouldn't doubt that there are two versions - just like we had with the ANS7 cereal box 3-packs or the ANS8 blister packs - priced and unpriced.
No pre-printed price means Walmart can mark them lower and ToysRUs can jack them way, way up.
Whether it actually has a different visible bonus eraser or not remains to be seen....
I'll bet 2 flow packs on it not being different.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
I wouldn't doubt that there are two versions - just like we had with the ANS7 cereal box 3-packs or the ANS8 blister packs - priced and unpriced.
No pre-printed price means Walmart can mark them lower and ToysRUs can jack them way, way up.
Whether it actually has a different visible bonus eraser or not remains to be seen....

Cant bet because i agree with you on the same bonus for both. But, i think the boxes will be different.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »
Wow...very interesting I picked this topic to view tonight. 

I just found this item at a local Target today while looking for near-empty-gravity-feeds (still need an ans8 gravity feed).

10 erasers and 49 stickers for 14.99....and the price is stamped on the front.   With the Froot Oops.   So is it speculation that Walmart has an unpriced version or has this been confirmed?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
Wow...very interesting I picked this topic to view tonight. 

I just found this item at a local Target today while looking for near-empty-gravity-feeds (still need an ans8 gravity feed).

10 erasers and 49 stickers for 14.99....and the price is stamped on the front.   With the Froot Oops.   So is it speculation that Walmart has an unpriced version or has this been confirmed?

My best guess is T"R"U will get the unmarked box and sel it for $16.99   like Toywiz

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
not sure who has them yet, but they do exist (see the Eraser Series 2 **SPOILERS** thread)
just have to wait and see where they show up in the wild.

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 09:55:58 AM »
Found the mega boxes at Wal-Mart this weekend. There is no pre-price tag on them but the ones I bought have Froot Oops.

The Froot Oops doesn't seem to be any different from the one in the packs, although I haven't pulled a Froot Oops from a pack yet. And no, you don't get the sticker along with the eraser.

I've bought two thus far but probably won't buy any more and will stick to buying single packs of erasers. Just need to order an ANS8 bonus box through the Topps website and I'm done with buying ANS8.

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
thanks for the info on the non-priced box.

also, topps no longer has the ANS8 bonus box for sale.

Found the mega boxes at Wal-Mart this weekend. There is no pre-price tag on them but the ones I bought have Froot Oops.

I've bought two thus far but probably won't buy any more and will stick to buying single packs of erasers. Just need to order an ANS8 bonus box through the Topps website and I'm done with buying ANS8.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »

The Froot Oops doesn't seem to be any different from the one in the packs, although I haven't pulled a Froot Oops from a pack yet. And no, you don't get the sticker along with the eraser.

I enjoyed opening my Holiday Mega boxes but am again slightly baffled by the non-pairing of Froot Oops with a sticker.

I thought it was kinda neat to have the sticker in a little cello envelope, but was annoyed that there was no sticker (why not also in a cello envelope inside the box?). And out of four bonus boxes I did not pull a single Froot Oops inside an eraser pack. Bizarre!

Which reminds me, I've GOT to get my eraser list organized for some trading! I've got several extras and need several even after all that.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »

Which reminds me, I've GOT to get my eraser list organized for some trading! I've got several extras and need several even after all that.

Yes, get that list organized.  I'm just looking for Burpsi and either Mallomartins or Dirtycell and have lots to trade if you're interested.

Offline Crust

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
Looking at one of these at target, I noticed the back mentioned the contents said: Wackypackages erasers series 2. I think that this may be the only place that mentions them as series 2.

Offline Porkie

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 08:02:03 PM »
Yes, get that list organized.  I'm just looking for Burpsi and either Mallomartins or Dirtycell and have lots to trade if you're interested.

PM sent

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:26 AM »
Toys R Us is selling it for $19.99 granted there is no $14.99 pre-print, but it still says 25% more value. How The Hell is it still 25% more value when it cost 25% more. Isnt this false advertising?

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:41 AM »
Toys R Us is selling it for $19.99 granted there is no $14.99 pre-print, but it still says 25% more value. How The Hell is it still 25% more value when it cost 25% more. Isnt this false advertising?
it's 25% more value for ToysRUS....   ;)

Offline Porkie

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »

Our TRU had the ANS8 "Oct" Bonus boxes at $11.99 instead of $9.99. Last time I am ever shopping at TRU. So they got a few extra bucks off of me but lost a customer.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »

Offline Porkie

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
REALLY???

WOW. Definitely never buying from them! (never heard of them until you posted the link)

Also noticed our Target had the Holiday Mega Pack at $19.99 instead of $14.99, which is what it should be to get the "discount" shown on the box! Thought that was amazing. Wal-mart has them for $14.99.

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
I just found one, the last one, at Target yesterday in Kona, never seen this out here before. Got it for 14.99, with Froot oops, but no sticker to go with it. Wanted to see if there were other versions. 

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
Must be nice to actually go to a store and pick up some wackys. They don't exist here in Canada. :'(

Offline Porkie

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
I just found one, the last one, at Target yesterday in Kona, never seen this out here before. Got it for 14.99, with Froot oops, but no sticker to go with it. Wanted to see if there were other versions. 

Nice that your Target had it for $14.99. I thought it was odd the "extra" Froot Oops had no sticker, but at the same time I thought it was kinda neat that it was in its own cello wrapper making it unique.

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
Target is hit or miss, I live on the Big Island of Hawaii, and we have only had a Target for a little over a year now. One never knows what is or is not going to show up.  The Kmart and Walmart do not sell Wacky packages out here.