Author Topic: ebay Art Auctions  (Read 277737 times)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: ebay Art Auctions
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
Good idea, but it doesn't look like it worked for some reason. Here's the link you provided for others to click on:

huh. I could see it fine, but I guess it was just stuck in my cache. I went back and altered it so it can be seen.
I don't understand why postimage links can't be reposted as an image? I've given up dealing with that aggravating site. tinypic all the way.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
huh. I could see it fine, but I guess it was just stuck in my cache. I went back and altered it so it can be seen.
I don't understand why postimage links can't be reposted as an image? I've given up dealing with that aggravating site. tinypic all the way.

Tiny pic works great or you can save the pic as an attachment under additional options

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »
Tonight, January 10th, 2011,  i will put this sketch card up on ebay for a 5 day auction.

Offline Kook

« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:24 AM »
Tonight, January 10th, 2011,  i will put this sketch card up on ebay for a 5 day auction.

Nice sketch! Good luck Jay.

P.S. Just my 2 cents, but I find that auctions that end on Sunday thru Tues in the late eve do much better than other days & times. If you can, you may want to try a 7 day auction starting tonight, or a 5 day starting tomorrow rather than having it end on a Sat night.

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »
Thanx for the tip.  But  I got too much stuff other stuff to do. It'll go up tonight at 11 est.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
Octivia - ANS 7 final art

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
Tonight, January 10th, 2011,  i will put this sketch card up on ebay for a 5 day auction.

I think it looks great. There hasn't been many unique sketch cards lately so it's hard to say what it will fetch. I know of the color Blunder on now and the B&W Capt. I know people are waiting for OLDS2 and then there will be a furry again.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
Octivia - ANS 7 final art

I wonder who that m***m person is? They have been buying a lot of art over the last few months.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
But at some point after getting the soap in your eye you open it and see the throbbing blood vessels. That's the point in time I want to see captured for Wacky posterity. After all, what's the key to comedy?
My thoughts exactly. My hope was to draw that guy's eye so someone looking at it could almost feel it stinging.
 :o

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2011, 10:52:39 PM »
Thanx for the tip.  But  I got too much stuff other stuff to do. It'll go up tonight at 11 est.

Jay, you might want to add in that the sketch card is an artist return card for ANS7 so they know it's an official Topps card and don't think it's just a card stock you were using of your own design.

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
I can't figure out how to edit the text.  Here's the link.  Somebody ask me if it's an official ANS 7 sketch card....and I will answer yes.  and the answer will post on the page.  http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Color-Sketch-Card-Jay-Lynch-Sore-Mel-/260720054636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb420516c

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #291 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »
I can't figure out how to edit the text.  Here's the link.  Somebody ask me if it's an official ANS 7 sketch card....and I will answer yes.  and the answer will post on the page.  http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Color-Sketch-Card-Jay-Lynch-Sore-Mel-/260720054636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb420516c

It should be fine with the Topps copyright that is on the back -

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #292 on: January 11, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »
My thoughts exactly. My hope was to draw that guy's eye so someone looking at it could almost feel it stinging.
I explored this concept last night just for the hell of it. Here's a couple of sketches I came up with.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2011, 06:22:04 AM »
I explored this concept last night just for the hell of it. Here's a couple of sketches I came up with.

The eye looks painful but the guy doesn't look too worked up over it. Like he's saying "oy! my eye hurts" instead of "AAAAHHH! MY FRIGGIN EYE!!!!!!!"

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2011, 09:08:11 PM »
Hey Mark. I hope you don't mind me taking a whack at visualizing your character. I need excuses to get me to sit down and practice drawing and I thought this was a good subject.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Hey Mark. I hope you don't mind me taking a whack at visualizing your character. I need excuses to get me to sit down and practice drawing and I thought this was a good subject.
No, I don't mind at all. It's fun to see how different artists interpret things.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »
OK, just wanted some feedback on this, I received this original from Topps and the question was asked what happened to the A by Plan9, well apparently it is stuck to the wax paper it was wrapped in. should I contact Topps to fix this?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
Is the damaged letter the only problem or is there more that we can't see in the photos? That letter can be fixed. The artist himself might do it for you. Interesting that someone out there still uses press-on lettering for Wackys. Not a good way to go as we've seen from Saunders pieces.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
I don't understand why postimage links can't be reposted as an image?
I was stumped by this once when I tried to move an image from one thread to another. I think I figured out the issue and how to do it.

This is the link to the image
http://s2.postimage.org/8ib79lgqr/Iris_Stings_Compare.jpg

When you click on the above link, it takes you to this link
http://postimage.org/image/1f3btzb50/

Neither of the above links works for posting images. You must go to the image itself, right click on it, select “Properties” and then highlight and copy the web address of the image. Doing that, you get this link, below. Notice this link is different than the other two. (yeah, I had a WTF moment)

http://s2.postimage.org/flj2p7map/Iris_Stings_Compare.jpg

This is the only link address of the three that works for posting an image. This technique works for transferring images from one post to another, and you can convert a non-expando image to an expando image if you want to, like I’ve done to Jay’s post above.

[expando]http://s3.postimage.org/5bd1ehalc/lynch_sm_sore_mel.jpg[/expando]

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2011, 06:03:27 PM »
I wonder who that m***m person is? They have been buying a lot of art over the last few months.
This guy only won two pieces going back as far as September. Octivia and Iris Stings.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »
This guy only won two pieces going back as far as September. Octivia and Iris Stings.

I think he also bought some Halloween PC art. I think he bought about 6 or more since I've been watching the art auctions. How would you know he only bought those 2 pieces? If you look at feedback, Topps only leaves feedback if you leave it first.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »
This is the only link address of the three that works for posting an image. This technique works for transferring images from one post to another, and you can convert a non-expando image to an expando image if you want to, like I’ve done to Jay’s post above.

[expando]http://s3.postimage.org/5bd1ehalc/lynch_sm_sore_mel.jpg[/expando]
except that didn't work....  I'll I see is a blue box with a question mark.
for whatever reason, it doesn't look like postimage links can be re-used to show images. just the link.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
I think he also bought some Halloween PC art. I think he bought about 6 or more since I've been watching the art auctions. How would you know he only bought those 2 pieces? If you look at feedback, Topps only leaves feedback if you leave it first.
I checked through Topps feedback history. None of the feedback numbers matched going back to September. Maybe he doesn't ever leave feedback. Damn I hate this secrecy ebay puts on the bidders.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
except that didn't work....  I'll I see is a blue box with a question mark.
for whatever reason, it doesn't look like postimage links can be re-used to show images. just the link.
It shows for me, at least right now.

dunno what's up

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »
I have been buying some of the originals lately and have been out bid by this M***M at the last minute. Just from what I have seen he has bought, Octiva, Stings, Wife Out, Stink, Shark, and Hide.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
I have been buying some of the originals lately and have been out bid by this M***M at the last minute. Just from what I have seen he has bought, Octiva, Stings, Wife Out, Stink, Shark, and Hide.

I wonder if he is the infamous Eric Roberts?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »

I thought that the random IDs that eBay displays on the bidding history were just that, "random".  How are you sure that M***M on one auction is the same M***M on a different auction?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
Because the M***M has the transaction number and color star after it. 6891 transactions green star and it changes as your Ebay rating goes up.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
I thought that the random IDs that eBay displays on the bidding history were just that, "random".  How are you sure that M***M on one auction is the same M***M on a different auction?

That's as random as ebay gets. They only made each username random once. You can actually tell by looking at their feedback number and know it's the same person.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
I wonder if he is the infamous Eric Roberts?

Not the dread Pirate Roberts?!?!? (said the guy who just watched PRINCESS BRIDE last weekend).

Thats what it looks like to me as well after poking around eBay for a few minutes.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
Not the dread Pirate Roberts?!?!? (said the guy who just watched PRINCESS BRIDE last weekend).

Thats what it looks like to me as well after poking around eBay for a few minutes.
Let's not start any rumors. Eric has no interest in modern Wackys and even if he did he'd only go for "A" titles.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
No, I don't mind at all. It's fun to see how different artists interpret things.
Cool! Because I really wanted to take one more whack at this to see if I can do it.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
Cool! Because I really wanted to take one more whack at this to see if I can do it.

For what it's worth, I like that one best of your three whacks. They're all very nicely rendered, but I prefer this reaction.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »
I'd lessen the mouth recede as it overpowers the eye. It makes him look like a zombie. If the top of your mouth is curling back like that then the bottom of your mouth is pulling up (and vice versa) so both would not be receding that dramatically. You can make both curl but you have to try to do so. If he was freaking out in pain I'd think only one end would curl.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »
I'd lessen the mouth recede as it overpowers the eye. It makes him look like a zombie. If the top of your mouth is curling back like that then the bottom of your mouth is pulling up (and vice versa) so both would not be receding that dramatically. You can make both curl but you have to try to do so. If he was freaking out in pain I'd think only one end would curl.
I think what's distracting is that he's so toothy. I'd curl his lower lip over his teeth. Other than that I think this guy sells it.

anything