Author Topic: ANS8 Sketch ***SPOILERS***  (Read 47147 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: ANS8 Sketch ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
I'm just surprised that there would be multiples identical sketches when on the back of the card it says:  "Congratulations!  You know hold in your hands a one of a kind..." 

Is this a mistake?  Or is there a slight difference in the Ebay version of "Anvil" and the version I pulled the other day? 

They are all individually hand drawn even if they look the same.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:16 PM »
Rob, I just checked and your actually one artist short.  Smokin Joe did ANS 8 sketch cards as well.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2011, 05:52:54 PM »
Rob, I just checked and your actually one artist short.  Smokin Joe did ANS 8 sketch cards as well.

Wow, how the heck did I miss that?  I know I've looked at some of his and I never realized he wasn't on my list.  Thanks for catching that!  I guess I will be able to fill that last hole in my 9-pocket sleeve!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
Rob, well done!  Seeing a set of ANS sketches is always super cool. Since we are estimating a total of 800 sketches for ANS 8 do you figure each artist did 100 or were some artists harder to come by than others?

Thanks, well now that I know there are 9 artists the #'s would be @ 89 each if they were done evenly.  My guess would be that the quantities by artist were similar but not exact.  I haven't seen any particular artists that seem to be rarer than others.  I haven't really been paying attention to the Smokin' Joe's though!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »
Well I have a theory that each artist does 100 and Zapata does what ever he wants but it doesn't count toward the total.  For ANS 7 that would work out to 300 plus Zapata and for ANS 8 it would be 800 plus Zapata.  If you remember early on for ANS 7 Zapata was never listed among the sketch artists.  Also since he does oversee the series it would be weird for him to have a set number of cards to do.  Anyway it seems to hold up unless someone has a better idea or the inside scoop.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
Well I have a theory that each artist does 100 and Zapata does what ever he wants but it doesn't count toward the total.  For ANS 7 that would work out to 300 plus Zapata and for ANS 8 it would be 800 plus Zapata.  If you remember early on for ANS 7 Zapata was never listed among the sketch artists.  Also since he does oversee the series it would be weird for him to have a set number of cards to do.  Anyway it seems to hold up unless someone has a better idea or the inside scoop.

I can't speak for Zapata, and I don't think we're allowed to give numbers, but I can say that your theory isn't correct in my experience.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »

OK, i'm going to give this a try.

This is my first ever sketch pull besides my OS1&2 box openings.

Awesome !!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
I just received the last sketch I needed to get one from each artist.  Here they are!...........

Here is the order of the artists...........

- B. Engstrom
- N. Camera
- T. Bunk
- C. Walton
- J. Simko
- M. Parisi
- J. Zapata
- F. Wheaton

That is a nice mix. Cool to see the different drawing styles.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
I just received the last sketch I needed to get one from each artist.  Here they are!...........

Here is the order of the artists...........

- B. Engstrom
- N. Camera
- T. Bunk
- C. Walton
- J. Simko
- M. Parisi
- J. Zapata
- F. Wheaton

Brent's is number 3, not number 1. I think Bunk's is number 1. Mine is number 4, not number 6. It looks like Fred's is number 7, not number 8. I think Zapata's is number 8. Is 5 Simko's? Now I'm getting confused. Oh, I think you just flipped the numbers because you were looking down at the scanner.

Nice mix, though!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:36:11 PM by Gurgle »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
I'm just surprised that there would be multiples identical sketches when on the back of the card it says:  "Congratulations!  You know hold in your hands a one of a kind..." 

Is this a mistake?  Or is there a slight difference in the Ebay version of "Anvil" and the version I pulled the other day? 

Like Brad said, they are not identical. If you look at those 2 sketches side by side, you will see subtle differences.
Nice sketch card by the way.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Like Brad said, they are not identical. If you look at those 2 sketches side by side, you will see subtle differences.
Nice sketch card by the way.

yep, and some are not so subtle.
[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-PWntBSx/0/L/i-PWntBSx-L.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2011, 05:55:18 AM »
Brent's is number 3, not number 1. I think Bunk's is number 1. Mine is number 4, not number 6. It looks like Fred's is number 7, not number 8. I think Zapata's is number 8. Is 5 Simko's? Now I'm getting confused. Oh, I think you just flipped the numbers because you were looking down at the scanner.

Nice mix, though!

haha, that's exactly what I did.  You have to read them right to left I guess.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »
Rob, I just checked and your actually one artist short.  Smokin Joe did ANS 8 sketch cards as well.

I capture screen shots of sketches I like from here in the forum and eBay and have not seen one Smokin' Joe sketch.
They must be good and people are holding onto his. I liked the "wood cut print" look to the sketches he did for OS2.  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:24:27 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
Hi and YES (as I'm listening to the new 'YES' cd) I did sketch cards for ANS8 (or so my still throbbing hand tells me) and they are so awesomely awesome that they are not being shown to anyone let alone being sold or traded. But they do exist. Every one of them. If you find one, it will gladly fit into the coner pocket of your 9 card holder (which is fitting as I often find myself put in the corner). If they don't start to reveal themselves soon, I will post some images to prove they exist and remind everyone I also exist.  And I am working on my returns as well... which will be smothered in so much unbelievable awesomeness , some of you will be in awe!
    Thanks,  Smokin' Joe
Smokin' Joe

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2011, 05:34:06 AM »
Hi and YES (as I'm listening to the new 'YES' cd) I did sketch cards for ANS8 (or so my still throbbing hand tells me) and they are so awesomely awesome that they are not being shown to anyone let alone being sold or traded. But they do exist. Every one of them. If you find one, it will gladly fit into the coner pocket of your 9 card holder (which is fitting as I often find myself put in the corner). If they don't start to reveal themselves soon, I will post some images to prove they exist and remind everyone I also exist.  And I am working on my returns as well... which will be smothered in so much unbelievable awesomeness , some of you will be in awe!
    Thanks,  Smokin' Joe
Awesome!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
    Thanks,  Smokin' Joe

NO ONE puts Smokin Joe in a corner!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
Good to hear from Smokin' Joe. He is the MAN!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
    Thanks,  Smokin' Joe

By all means, please post some here. We'd love to revell more in the awesomeness!!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2011, 03:26:11 AM »
A Smokin' Joe sketch was posted on eBay last night. The first I have seen for ANS8.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
A Smokin' Joe sketch was posted on eBay last night. The first I have seen for ANS8.

There's a Plunder Bread too up now.  They both look very nice.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »

Now I'm complete with all 9!...................

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
Now I'm complete with all 9!...................

Your last addition, she is fine!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »
Some of my ANS8 sketches.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »

I haven't seen these before. Where have they been hiding? Looks great!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »
I haven't seen these before. Where have they been hiding? Looks great!

Who knows where they end up? Thought you might like the Bum Chex.  ;)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »

Are these all returns?  Thats some perty nice drawrings.  I may be biased, but i think the "burger thing" sketch i pulled is one of the nicest ones so far. sept for the returns of course.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
Thanks. Only the first 10 are returns. I scanned a bunch of the cards before I sent them to Topps. I thought I scanned them all but I can only find a few batches.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
Thanks. Only the first 10 are returns. I scanned a bunch of the cards before I sent them to Topps. I thought I scanned them all but I can only find a few batches.

So you did some colors? Is that Hurts in packs?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
Zapata is going nuts with his returns. I wonder how many he has?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Zapata is going nuts with his returns. I wonder how many he has?

Probably as many as he wanted!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »
I think everyone was napping when I won this. Can't believe how low this went:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170694427525

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »

Nice score!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »

I think everyone said "Meh"  Price was about right.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
I think everyone said "Meh"  Price was about right.

Why wouldn't people want it? It's a nice painting and not color marker like the inserted sketches. The fruit of the tomb b&w sketch sold for $200+ yesterday.
Anyway, I think it was a steal.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »
Why wouldn't people want it? It's a nice painting and not color marker like the inserted sketches. The fruit of the tomb b&w sketch sold for $200+ yesterday.
Anyway, I think it was a steal.

It may be that the Wacky PeePs are just sick of Playskull. We do need some new Characters. Thats why i boke the piggy bank open and had to put the beat down on the Freak for the Tomb's Sketch.