Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11  (Read 67629 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Greetings Wacky Packages Postcard Faithful,

The cricket has landed! Wacky Packages Postcards Series 7 is finally ready for launch and is slated for release exclusively at www.shoptopps.com tomorrow (THURSDAY, June 23, 2011) at Noon Eastern time.

UPDATE: THE REGULAR SERIES 7 POSTCARDS ARE NOW LIVE AS OF 12:00 NOON EASTERN (FRIDAY, 6/24/11) AT:

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-800/Wacky-Packages-Postcards-7/Detail

UPDATE: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARDS SERIES 7 LIMITED EDITION IS SOLD OUT, AS OF 3:00 PM 6/23/11.

A few details about the upcoming release:

Series 7 features the artwork of Neil Camera, Pat Chaimuang, Brent Engstrom, Matthew Kirscht, Jay Lynch and Joe Simko. Concepts by Mike Dantzer, Paul Harris, Mark Parisi and Mark Stepper.  I think you'll really enjoy their latest artwork and concepts - a fantastic effort all around! Of course, no update would be complete without a special shout out to Jay Lynch, who did some of the most incredible sketch cards I've ever seen - each one a mini masterpiece! I'd also like to give a special thanks to Lance Michael who provided the concept for a Wacky Postcard promotional poster which features many hilarious characters from postcard sets, past and present.

So, after a lot of  tinkering with the composition of the set, we've decided that the best option is to stick with the formula that we've used in the past. In other words, Series 7 will continue the pattern of  a Limited Edition numbered set with a sketch card, bonus card and artist cards...with a few important updates: each new Limited Edition set will include SIGNED POSTCARDS by each of the 6 artists who painted for the series! Also, the postcards are printed on a heavier, higher quality stock. It's a huge step forward and one that I think everyone will appreciate.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Production quantities will be in a similar vain to previous sets, with a limit on purchase quantities. Topps would like me to convey that sales are strictly limited to 3 sets per billing/shipping address and that surpassing this limit may result in the cancellation of all of your orders.So, please honor this policy and help out your fellow collector.

Following the Limited Edition, there will also be a regular unsigned postcard release, featuring a unique Bonus Card and other fun goodies! Launch date is scheduled for FRIDAY, June 24, 2011 (subject to change).

Without further ado, enjoy the new postcard release and thanks to everyone for your great suggestions (and reminders)! Your input is always welcome!

Best Regards,
-Neil Camera
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:09:30 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD SERIES 7 - COMING THURSDAY, 6/23/11
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
Neil, when you say there will be signed postcards by all 6 artists will each envelope contain all 6 signed cards or will it be like PC6 where there was only one artist bio card per envelope?
Is there anything in this series that is going to be tough to get like the artist bio's in PC6?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
Also, how many sets were produced? Why only 3 per customer? Couldn't we do 5 like PC6?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
Neil, when you say there will be signed postcards by all 6 artists will each envelope contain all 6 signed cards or will it be like PC6 where there was only one artist bio card per envelope?
Is there anything in this series that is going to be tough to get like the artist bio's in PC6?

Every envelope from the Limited Edition set will contain 6 signed postcards (1 from each of the 6 different artists).

The bio cards are going to be a bit of a challenge this time, although I believe each envelope contains several bio cards so you will need several envelopes to complete the set.

The reason for the 3 set limit is to ensure everyone has a fair chance to get some.

This set is similar in production numbers to previous sets, although I'm not at liberty to say exactly how many right now.

I'll post more info as soon as I get the OK.

Everyone that signed up for the mailing list has been notified by email.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:30:01 PM by koduck »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
I can't hear the crikets anymore!!!!  Thanks Neil.   

DrDeal

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Awesome News!!

Will there be a link on the forum or do we need to go to directly to Topps?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
With only 3 sets each eBay is going to be ugly! Especially if those Lynch sketches are as nice as Neil says they are.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »
Glad I checked my email for koduck's alert. Lets just hope verizon dsl doesn't crap the bed (like it usually does) tomorrow.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »
Awesome News!!

Will there be a link on the forum or do we need to go to directly to Topps?

It will be only be available through the shoptopps.com website.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
The next few days should be fun! I'm overnighting mine for sure!

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
It will be only be available through the shoptopps.com website.

This link is dead but can i assume it will be up then?,,are they about $30 a set?
i'm sure i'll miss out again and Topps will cancel my order like last time...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
This link is dead but can i assume it will be up then?,,are they about $30 a set?
i'm sure i'll miss out again and Topps will cancel my order like last time...

Weren't they $50 last series?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
Weren't they $50 last series?

I think they are usually @ $40.00/set.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »
I think they are usually @ $40.00/set.

I just looked up an old order and series 5 was $40 but for some reason I thought they went up with series 6 and Halloween. I never got in on series 6 orders so they were about $150 per set for me.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
The bio cards are going to be a bit of a challenge this time, although I believe each envelope contains several bio cards so you will need several envelopes to complete the set.
Not a big fan of extra "challenges" when it comes to limited edition sets, especially when we're limited to 3 sets per houselhold.  Really didn't like the way they handled the bio card last series and was hoping it wouldn't be like that this time around.  Each set should have *every* artist's bio card.  These extra little chases are so annoying.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
Now that everyone on the forum (and the lurkers) have this advance notice, tomorrow should be interesting when everyone tries to order these at the same time. I hope Topps has the bandwidth to handle all of the orders!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »
I wonder how many postcards are going to be in the set.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 02:45:35 AM »
I cant sleep. I've been hitting the refresh button every 6 seconds.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 04:50:00 AM »
I cant sleep. I've been hitting the refresh button every 6 seconds.

I slept, but I'm afraid to leave the house now.....

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 05:27:39 AM »
The shoptopps.com link is still non-responsive for me - anyone else seeing this?

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 05:32:21 AM »
The shoptopps.com link is still non-responsive for me - anyone else seeing this?
It was giving me trouble for several minutes when I tried to log in but now it's acting fine and I am logged in with cc in hand.
 ;)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »

Same here!! Will be SHUT OUT - Say ain't SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 05:39:01 AM »
It was giving me trouble for several minutes when I tried to log in but now it's acting fine and I am logged in with cc in hand.
 ;)

What are you "camping out" in front of your computer...You know Topps - it won't be online until Friday NOON!!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:28 AM »
What are you "camping out" in front of your computer...You know Topps - it won't be online until Friday NOON!!
Yes, I sit one my pc at work all day. My FACTS business software is on it and I have the luxury and freedom to do whatever I want to do at work. My boss is super cool and as long as my work gets done it's all good. I shop on eBay, chat with my wife, and loiter on this forum all at the same time all day....

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 05:49:15 AM »
Yes, I sit one my pc at work all day. My FACTS business software is on it and I have the luxury and freedom to do whatever I want to do at work. My boss is super cool and as long as my work gets done it's all good. I shop on eBay, chat with my wife, and loiter on this forum all at the same time all day....

Ahhhh...the good life...

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 05:51:46 AM »
Its ok, I just take the day off to go camping, LOL

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 05:52:47 AM »
I wonder how many postcards are going to be in the set.

I heard 10....I wonder what Brad's going to do now that he can't BUY ALL the Postcards... :o :o :o Only three per customer...I thought this was a capitalist society..."you snooze you lose" :] :]

Online lucidjc

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
I heard 10....I wonder what Brad's going to do now that he can't BUY ALL the Postcards... :o :o :o Only three per customer...I thought this was a capitalist society..."you snooze you lose" :] :]

Its called Wacky Pack Redistribution.

Or The Universal Wacky Pack Plan.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 05:59:38 AM »
Greetings Wacky Packages Postcard Faithful,

The cricket has landed! Wacky Packages Postcards Series 7 is finally ready for launch and is slated for release exclusively at shoptopps.com tomorrow (THURSDAY, June 23, 2011) at Noon Eastern time (subject to change). So, keep your eyeballs peeled and may the wacky gods shine on your mouse-clicking fingers!

A few details about the upcoming release:

Series 7 features the artwork of Neil Camera, Pat Chaimuang, Brent Engstrom, Matthew Kirscht, Jay Lynch and Joe Simko. Concepts by Mike Dantzer, Paul Harris, Mark Parisi and Mark Stepper.  I think you'll really enjoy their latest artwork and concepts - a fantastic effort all around! Of course, no update would be complete without a special shout out to Jay Lynch, who did some of the most incredible sketch cards I've ever seen - each one a mini masterpiece!!!

So, after a lot of  tinkering with the composition of the set, we've decided that the best option is to stick with the formula that we've used in the past. In other words, Series 7 will continue the pattern of  a Limited Edition numbered set with a sketch card, bonus card and artist cards...with a few important updates: each new Limited Edition set will include SIGNED POSTCARDS by each of the 6 artists who painted for the series! Also, the postcards are printed on a heavier, higher quality stock. It's a huge step forward and one that I think everyone will appreciate.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Production quantities will be in a similar vain to previous sets, with a limit on purchase quantities. The Topps Vault would like me to convey that sales are strictly limited to 3 sets per billing/shipping address and that surpassing this limit may result in the cancellation of all of your orders.So, please honor this policy and help out your fellow collector.

Following the Limited Edition, there will also be a regular unsigned postcard release, featuring a unique Bonus Card and other fun goodies! Launch date is scheduled for FRIDAY, June 24, 2011 (subject to change).

Without further ado, enjoy the new postcard release and thanks to everyone for your great suggestions (and reminders)! Your input is always welcome!

Best Regards,
-Neil Camera

Any Free Shipping?? That would be nice since its ONLY 3 sets...reduced shipping as well... :great:

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 06:04:27 AM »
The next few days should be fun! I'm overnighting mine for sure!

Here is the correct link (Shoptopps.com is NOT a link; it's just what they put in the title page on the website):

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-Wacky-Packages/Categories

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 06:16:08 AM »

Sounds like a great situation!  At my job, using the PC for anything not work related is a fireable offense.  So, I'm using a vacation day today, which kind of stinks, but at least I was able to get the day off.  If this sale had been last Thursday, I'd have been totally blocked out, as my presence at work was absolutely required.

So, I'm sitting here building Old School base sets, and will now start on some ANS2 sets - the comic book store owner called me last night, and he's completely out of Wacky sets.  After I get my postcard order in, I'll drive there and trade some Wackys for postcard pages :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »
Here is the correct link (Shoptopps.com is NOT a link; it's just what they put in the title page on the website):

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-Wacky-Packages/Categories

Actually shoptopps.com is a link. It gets redirected. Just type it in your address bar and see what happens.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 06:54:20 AM »

I'll survive!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 07:19:09 AM »
Actually shoptopps.com is a link. It gets redirected. Just type it in your address bar and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, put www. in front.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »
I hope the cards are easy to find on their site. Didn't we have some issues with the Halloween series not showing up under the Wacky Packages list. Finally someone on the forum sent a direct link.

anything