Author Topic: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV, Movies and Media  (Read 26803 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV, Movies and Media
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 06:59:54 AM »
Not sure which thread to mention this as this is not really wackys appearing in movies and such but the collector guys randomly found me and decided to interview me, now up on youtube.  Thru the world if editting, some of the clarifications and such I made didn't make the video as we all know there are exceptions and oddities in each series of wackys but here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGEBrveX3rQ&t=34s

:great: :great:

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2021, 08:37:38 AM »
Not sure which thread to mention this as this is not really wackys appearing in movies and such but the collector guys randomly found me and decided to interview me, now up on youtube.  Thru the world if editting, some of the clarifications and such I made didn't make the video as we all know there are exceptions and oddities in each series of wackys but here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGEBrveX3rQ&t=34s

Great job, Earnie. Way to represent the hobby!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2021, 08:08:45 AM »
Great job, Earnie. Way to represent the hobby!
It was a bit complicated as the first interview video didn't save correctly.  While it sounds easy, it is a challenge to do the same interview shortly after.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2021, 12:14:53 PM »
Very cool! Hopefully it interests some people.

No repeats in the OS? What about Sugarmess? Come on Ernie  :]

Kidding, of course

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »
Very cool! Hopefully it interests some people.

No repeats in the OS? What about Sugarmess? Come on Ernie  :]

Kidding, of course
LOL, I actually called that out originally but it was not in the spirit of his question so next time around, I didn't mention it. Technically other products were spoofed multiple times too and I didn't even bother to go there.  I can't even remember which version of the interview discussed backs, that also gets very complicated so either it got edited out or the 2nd time, I didn't go there.  You cant do a full education of wackys in a 10 minute interview  :-[
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV - Apple TV's "The Crowded Room"
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2023, 01:16:35 PM »
Apple TV's "The Crowded Room", starring Tom Holland, premiered this month. 

In the first episode, there are a few Wacky Packages references seen on set. 

I consulted on this one, providing a LOT of period product packaging reference and broadly consulting on the look and feel of other scenes.  I didn't get into the Wacky-ness of it too much with them, however. 

But I hope they did well.

It's set in the later 70s, so likely would have been a Wacky-less time, but anything is possible, right?

And the first image, brightened up:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 01:18:32 PM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »
I was poking around an antique mall lately and came across an issue (#114 from Feb. '87) of The Comics Journal with a cover story and lengthy interview with Jay Lynch.  While there was barely a mention of Wackys, there was one pic of his rough and final art from Czechlets.  The interview was pretty wide-ranging but mostly focused on comics/comix.  Worth checking out if you had the good fortune to meet him and/or are interested in that topic.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 03:00:16 PM by crackedjerk »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2023, 08:18:42 AM »
I apologize that I am not figuring out how to post a pic.  I know sometimes I am able to figure that out easily and other times, like today, I struggle to do it.  But if someone can remind me how to do that, I'm happy to post a few pics from the mag.
Right under the text box where you're typing a post should be text in blue which says "Add image to post". Click on it.

We're not gonna tell ya again!   :P

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2023, 08:24:54 AM »
Right under the text box where you're typing a post should be text in blue which says "Add image to post". Click on it.

We're not gonna tell ya again!   :P

Thanks!  I found it easily now.  So strange that I either didn't see it or that it wasn't there.  I don't know how I could have missed it if it was there, but in any event, I added three pics for everyone's viewing pleasure :)

Offline DrSushi

Re: Wacky Packages - Appearances in TV - Apple TV's "The Crowded Room"
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2023, 02:47:05 PM »
Apple TV's "The Crowded Room", starring Tom Holland, premiered this month. 

In the first episode, there are a few Wacky Packages references seen on set. 

I consulted on this one, providing a LOT of period product packaging reference and broadly consulting on the look and feel of other scenes.  I didn't get into the Wacky-ness of it too much with them, however. 

But I hope they did well.
Just seeing this, very cool! Never saw a 16th series box in the wild personally so it's nice to see this image.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2023, 04:00:01 PM »
I added three pics for everyone's viewing pleasure :)
You're welcome for the assistance. The entire article is online here. Note that it is 3 pages long, so click on the page numbers at the bottom of each page to move to the next page.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2023, 04:23:17 PM »
You're welcome for the assistance. The entire article is online here. Note that it is 3 pages long, so click on the page numbers at the bottom of each page to move to the next page.
Interestingly, the pics in the online article are completely different than the ones in the print magazine.  Wonder why that happened.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2023, 11:55:55 PM »
I just started watching The Crowded Room and was surprised to see Wackies stuck on the bedroom wall. Doesn’t
 It just take you back when you randomly see them in an appropriate time period setting?

anything