Author Topic: Large ANS lot: is there interest?  (Read 4122 times)

Offline kingsx

Large ANS lot: is there interest?
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
i am considering selling a fairly large ANS lot which includes many sealed boxes, bonus boxes, complete sets, magnets, etc.  I'm trying to gauge interest before I put in the effort to accurately list out everything.  Is the market for ANS any good?  Would I take a bath on this stuff?  Get back what I paid?  Thanks for your input.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: Large ANS lot: is there interest?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
I would get some bubbles for that bath, that way there is an up side.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
I would get some bubbles for that bath, that way there is an up side.

Rofl at that one...only because I remember when I first joined the forum posting trades and sales for my ans wackies and learned very quickly how many extras of these we all have. This comment just really made me laugh, thanks campy!

Im afraid he's right, but you never know. ;)
KIM :)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
Rofl at that one...only because I remember when I first joined the forum posting trades and sales for my ans wackies and learned very quickly how many extras of these we all have. This comment just really made me laugh, thanks campy!

Im afraid he's right, but you never know. ;)

Currently speaking, unfortunately I think that it depends on a lot of the chase stuff. The ANS series hasn't yet been around long enough to attract the nostalgic collectors who remember these as a kid. If you have ANS popular chase items like sketches, autographed foils, gold boarders, etc. included, then those ANS series would probably fetch a lot more currently, ANS 2 forget it - unless it is the elusive vender box of gravity feeds - pack numbered 0-791-89-01-5 AND even with that, only die hard collectors would know. ANS 1 holds it's value pretty good, ANS 3 - nah too saturated, ANS 4 hit or miss, ANS 5 - maybe for anyone who tries to put togther true complete base sets with all the variation backs, ANS 6 - nah, ANS 7 not sure, possibly a good seller because of the chase cards. This is all currently speaking, future value? Who knows? We can only speculate. Good luck.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:44:19 AM »
i am considering selling a fairly large ANS lot which includes many sealed boxes, bonus boxes, complete sets, magnets, etc.  I'm trying to gauge interest before I put in the effort to accurately list out everything.  Is the market for ANS any good?  Would I take a bath on this stuff?  Get back what I paid?  Thanks for your input.

You will never really get back what you paid  :-\
KIM :)

Offline kingsx

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
thanks.  my collection doesn't have any golds.  i do have quite a bit of ANS1 including sealed boxes (including coach motel).  Its not too ridiculous, mostly one or two of everything (regular boxes, bonus boxes) and multiple sets with all the magnets, clings and extras from ANS1-7.  I might just put everything out there in one giant lot just to get rid of it, but I'll likely just keep it all.