Author Topic: WP long sleeve, buttoned down size L shirt needed  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Bladerunner

WP long sleeve, buttoned down size L shirt needed
« on: April 23, 2011, 06:06:21 PM »
I need a size L (or XL) vintage long sleeve buttoned shirt with a collar similar to the two pictured. The white one is made my "i Miller" and the blue one is made by "Don Juan." Even some old WP fabric will work if there's enough of it to make a shirt.

I'm the t-shirt fanatic who has worn a licensed WP design my torso since 2007. Recently I lost a bet that will require me to break this streak on May 28th and wear a collared shirt. Unless I have one fabricated out of t-shirts, I must get a hold of something similar to these or some of the old fabric. The white one that's pictured is a size M and even if I dropped about 15 pounds like I should it's still going to look kind of goofy. The buttons will pop if I bend over. I need WACKY, not goofy, so if anyone can help let me know. Will trade for items much more valuable, or sell my blood to make the purchase!

Cheers,
Steve

PS - I notice that vintage clothes fit much smaller than the stuff made today. I'm a size M shirt and 32 waist pants by today's standards, but if I try something on from the 70s or 80s of the same size it doesn't fit. I've done the measuring and the old stuff is correct. Today's garment industry is lying to us. Anyone want to guess why?

Offline crackedjerk

Re: WP long sleeve, buttoned down size L shirt needed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »
Hey, Steve

I may have some fabric.  How much would you need?

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »
Let me start off by saying I really love Wackys. But, man, those are ugly shirts!

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »
Hey, Steve

I may have some fabric.  How much would you need?

I don't know really - I guess enough to make one of those shirts in the picture that fits me, with the stitches in the standard places a shirt normally has them. Is the fabric you have large enough to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:19:24 AM »
Let me start off by saying I really love Wackys. But, man, those are ugly shirts!

That tan shirt in the picture is really cool! Time has been good to the way it looks today. Kind of like the movie Xanadu.

anything