Author Topic: OLDS 2 Sketch Posts - Spoilers  (Read 179689 times)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
Re: OLDS 2 Sketch Posts - Spoilers
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
I just purchased a sketch poster to cut up and did not see anything about a free sticker. Where was that mentioned?

DrDeal

It's on the front page of the website in the ad banner thingy at the top of the page. It says with the purchase of TWO OR MORE posters. Where is the free shipping? I put an order together but don't see the free shipping. I also need a coupon code for a discount...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:01:29 PM by View Monster »

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
These are the three sketches that I pulled. I am quite partial to the Jay Lynch sketch.  I want to see if this is a singular instance of this character.

Brad got a Playskull from 2 different artists. I think we can assume that there will be one from 5 or 6 different artists. Hopefully this and "card counts" will be verified. Was there ever a list released of how many of each character there was from OSC1?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
All 12 artists did the same 20 characters
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »
All 12 artists did the same 20 characters

My notes from a couple months ago say that there would be 11 artists, with Jay doing about 3,000 of them.  Was there another artist added?  This is who I had on my original list..............

Jay Lynch
Blll Griffith
Bob Stewart
Fred Wheaton
Smokin Joe
Brent Engstrom
Neil Camera
Mark Parisi
Jeff Zapata
Joe Simko
Dave Gross

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
Yep, me ;)

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »
Yep, me ;)

Nice!!  Did it hold true that each artist did 20 titles, and the 20 titles are the same between each artist?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »
As far as i know, yes.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
Yep, me ;)

Wow, I'm guessing you're reasonlessly bound not to be able to say how many you did?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
I don't know if that is true or not, but i am not going to say until dave says its ok. :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
Nice!!  Did it hold true that each artist did 20 titles, and the 20 titles are the same between each artist?
That's easy, you only need to get 220 sketches to complete the set! No problem :o

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
That's easy, you only need to get 220 sketches to complete the set! No problem :o

I had forgotten that there are 11 (now 12) different artists. That's definitely giving me second thoughts on collecting Scary Lees.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »

240, I think.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
240, I think.

Yeah, that's way too many to try for them all.  I haven't totally decided how I will approach it yet.  I think I was thinking about trying to get one of each of Jay's and then one each of the other 11 artists, so that would be 31 total sketch cards.  If Jay did 3/5 of them getting one of each of his should be doable.  That would be 150/title.  Certainly not easy but definitely reasonable.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
I have to say that I don't like that the bonus is limited to one per household. This greatly benefits the pricks that set up 5 contacts to take serious advantage of the postcard sets. They've already got their little network in place and will utilize it for these posters. Hopefully they will get the same promo card that we get in the series 2 boxes.

I have confirmed that it's the exact same sticker that comes in the box.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
Yep, me ;)

I believe I have the honor of posting first Kirscht sketch pulled along with my Lynch and Engstrom.
I am very pleased with my pulls. I was hoping to score a Kirscht and a Pink Panther to boot :)
Also liking the Wormy Packages. I may trade the Engstrom.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
I don't know if that is true or not, but i am not going to say until dave says its ok. :great:

I've been told we can't talk about sketch numbers. We do know there are 5000 sketches though!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
Well there it is! Thanks for clarifying dave.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
I've been told we can't talk about sketch numbers. We do know there are 5000 sketches though!
It stinks you have to post the same message in 2 threads.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
I have confirmed that it's the exact same sticker that comes in the box.

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully ***** doesn't know this and gets his little network to each order 2 posters :P

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
I just purchased a sketch poster to cut up and did not see anything about a free sticker. Where was that mentioned?

DrDeal

Here's a screenshot of the little ad banner from their site:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
So far, what I'm really excited about is the extra detail the artists put into these sketches. Sketches have really evolved. I think we are going to find some really cool variations by artists. Should be exciting once everyone gets their boxes and post pics. Who will get the first colored sketch? Odds are not in our favor this time.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011, 07:47:36 PM »
So far, what I'm really excited about is the extra detail the artists put into these sketches. Sketches have really evolved. I think we are going to find some really cool variations by artists. Should be exciting once everyone gets their boxes and post pics. Who will get the first colored sketch? Odds are not in our favor this time.

With Gary and Clint being further west I don't think the odds are that far against us.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
With Gary and Clint being further west I don't think the odds are that far against us.
I guess I meant the odds are going to be tougher for color sketches overall. Even the poster only shows a few while OLDS1 poster had 50+.
I don't think I will be as lucky as last time.
Dave, can you at least tell us how many color sketches drawn for OLDS2?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »
I guess I meant the odds are going to be tougher for color sketches overall. Even the poster only shows a few while OLDS1 poster had 50+.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to say. There are more than in OLDS1. The odds are much better as well. Only Jay, Bill & Bhob did color. We wanted to stick to the original series creators for the limited color this time around. However, none of those guys did any sketches involving the characters doing or saying something that is not on the original cards so the other artist's B&W cards will still be fun to collect (maybe more even).

The poster has far less color sketches because of the other 9 people only doing B&W and we represented everyone equally.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »

Not sure if this is any longer completely accurate but based on something that was once revealed here on the forum, I calculated odds at 1 in every 33 boxes having a colored sketch. If true that's more than twice the odds as OSC1. Of course in my case, 2 times zero is still zero :P

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
Just searched it out, 1 in 36 boxes may be more accurate based on what's been said here, but things could have changed since November.

Offline wowyzowy

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »
It's on the front page of the website in the ad banner thingy at the top of the page. It says with the purchase of TWO OR MORE posters. Where is the free shipping? I put an order together but don't see the free shipping. I also need a coupon code for a discount...

Hi View Monster (and all Wacky Old School fans!),

We want to clear up any confusion about the "free" shipping on the WOWY ZOWY site. Due to a technical glitch on our server this afternoon, a few customers erroneously received free shipping. Naturally, we will honor those customer's orders, but would like everyone to know that shipping charges will apply to all future orders.

Also, there are currently no discount coupon codes at this time, but we may offer special promotions in the future.

Thank You,
Wowy Zowy Customer Service Dept.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »
Will the Topps site not be selling the posters? or is it just a timing issue?

Offline wowyzowy

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
Will the Topps site not be selling the posters? or is it just a timing issue?

Hi Campy,

The Old School 2 Posters will only be available on the Wowy Zowy site.

Kind Regards,
Wowy Zowy Customer Service Dept.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
These are the three sketches that I pulled. I am quite partial to the Jay Lynch sketch.  I want to see if this is a singular instance of this character.

The one on the top right is one of my Aqua Hellva sketches. (Yes, I posted the name. The thread says "spoiler".)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »
Just searched it out, 1 in 36 boxes may be more accurate based on what's been said here, but things could have changed since November.

That's what my notes say as well, between 35 & 36 boxes should put you into the range.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 07:03:43 AM »
That's what my notes say as well, between 35 & 36 boxes should put you into the range.
For some reason I thought they kept the number of colors to about 50 like they did with OLDS1. Hopefully we will see some color sketches show up in the next day or so. Over the next couple days this forum is going to be on fire.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:49 AM »
For some reason I thought they kept the number of colors to about 50 like they did with OLDS1. Hopefully we will see some color sketches show up in the next day or so. Over the next couple days this forum is going to be on fire.

I think the original # was 140, but don't forget there's @ 1,500 more boxes this time, so the # of colored ones would have to increase as well to keep the odds the same, and the odds should be better this time around. 

My boxes are due later today so I'll post my colored ones tonight!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 07:19:06 AM »
I think the original # was 140, but don't forget there's @ 1,500 more boxes this time, so the # of colored ones would have to increase as well to keep the odds the same, and the odds should be better this time around. 

My boxes are due later today so I'll post my colored ones tonight!!!
Did you order 36 boxes ;D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
Did you order 36 boxes ;D

No, 25 boxes, but 5 boxes are for someone else.  I had a dream last night that he pulled 2 - 4/c ones from the 5 boxes I gave him.  I of course got none.  haha