Author Topic: OLDS 2 Sketch Posts - Spoilers  (Read 179686 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
OLDS 2 Sketch Posts - Spoilers
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
This series is fantastic!
I want to start this thread so we can see the different variations on the sketch cards. Out of 15 boxes I got one double and no colored.
Here are the scans

Taz

Re: OLDS 2 Sketch Posts - Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Brad, nice pull!  Is that one of the Pink Panther?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Great Stuff! I am really hoping to pull a Jay Lynch Wormy. Love the Smokin Joe too. Neil's is great because it includes the logo. So pumped to get these!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:06:02 AM by Sunstroke »
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
Brad, nice pull!  Is that one of the Pink Panther?
It might be. I don't want to spoil you ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »
Great Stuff! I am really hoping to pull a Jay Lynch Wormy. Love the Smokin Joe too. Neil's is great because it includes the logo. So pumped to get these!
The Smokin Joe is probably my favorite since I'm a big fan of Ghoul Humor. Neil's scary lee is outstanding as well. Can't wait to get my other 15 boxes in tomorrow to see what else these guys came up with.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »
The Smokin Joe is probably my favorite since I'm a big fan of Ghoul Humor. Neil's scary lee is outstanding as well. Can't wait to get my other 15 boxes in tomorrow to see what else these guys came up with.

Wow, some really great sketches there! That Smokin Joe one is killer.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
I can't figure out the figure that Brent did. it looks so familiar but I can't place it.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
I can't figure out the figure that Brent did. it looks so familiar but I can't place it.
Plastered Peanut

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
Plastered Peanut
Man am I stupid :'(
What about the Simko sketch?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
Simko is sue mee, like the lynch
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
She seemed to be too round headed and not as angry...LOL Good eye!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »
For me sue mee was the hardest to draw since i did not have any reference excpet the tiny promo sticker from OS1

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
Hmmmm....I was going to guess that she was from Land O Quakes.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
Land o quakes was not one of the 20 characters

Offline Swiski

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 12:18:26 PM »
Is there going to be a sketch card poster like last time?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
Lot of nice sketches there! Is anyone allowed to talk about the breakdown by artist? Are there 5 artists 6 artists? I know that Jay did more than the others but did the other artists do equal amounts?  Like if Jay did 3000, did the other 4 artists each do 500 a piece?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
Several more artists than 6

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »
Sketch poster. Make sure you enlarge it with the enlarge button underneath. You click on full size.

Offline Hitcher

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
I hate to ask a stupid question... but what makes some sketches worth more than others? I notice a wide variety of prices for them on Ebay... I know the color ones are more rare but why the variation in prices on the non-color ones? Also, does OLDS2 have color sketches? Are the sketch cards actually signed by the artist or is the signature a copy? Sorry for being dumb here but I can't quite follow this... Thanks!

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
Can't wait to start collecting these off of ebay!   ;)

No wonder Jay's took forever. All of those single head blacks take time.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
I hate to ask a stupid question... but what makes some sketches worth more than others? I notice a wide variety of prices for them on Ebay... I know the color ones are more rare but why the variation in prices on the non-color ones? Also, does OLDS2 have color sketches? Are the sketch cards actually signed by the artist or is the signature a copy? Sorry for being dumb here but I can't quite follow this... Thanks!

On series 1 the sketches were actually signed by Jay Lynch for each card. By looking at the sketches Brad posted you can see that the signatures are all different so it's the same for this series. Some sketches are worth more mainly because of scarcity, but some characters are more popular than others, and in some cases the complexity vrs simplicity of the art will be a factor. For example the least valuable series 1 sketch is Aquax because it is such a simple line drawing. For series 2 I suspect that another factor will be the quality of art by certain artists and the pieces that are turned into cartoons will likely be worth far more.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
Sketch poster. Make sure you enlarge it with the enlarge button underneath. You click on full size.

Pretty cool poster! It should also definitively answer Hitcher's question in regards to color sketches.

Offline Hitcher

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
That does help, thanks! So I looked closely at the sketches that were posted here... specifically the two "lightbulb head" ones... and I can see like you said that the signatures are slightly different... it also appears that the drawings themselves are slightly different... so I take it that that means every single sketch card was individually drawn and individually signed and is itself indeed a one-of-a-kind card... Is that correct? Thanks again for the help! I've got two boxes coming my way and I when I open them I at least want to know if I got something good!  ;D

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 01:55:08 PM »

Thanks for posting the poster promo. I just went to the wowyzowy site and ordered some posters. The first 500 orders get a free Old School sticker. I ordered the OLDS2 series poster and sketch card poster. Whoo Hoo!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »
That does help, thanks! So I looked closely at the sketches that were posted here... specifically the two "lightbulb head" ones... and I can see like you said that the signatures are slightly different... it also appears that the drawings themselves are slightly different... so I take it that that means every single sketch card was individually drawn and individually signed and is itself indeed a one-of-a-kind card... Is that correct? Thanks again for the help! I've got two boxes coming my way and I when I open them I at least want to know if I got something good!  ;D

That's correct, every card is one of a kind, though some are very close to the others, you can always distinguish between them if you look at them closely.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
Thanks for posting the poster promo. I just went to the wowyzowy site and ordered some posters. The first 500 orders get a free Old School sticker. I ordered the OLDS2 series poster and sketch card poster. Whoo Hoo!

I have to say that I don't like that the bonus is limited to one per household. This greatly benefits the pricks that set up 5 contacts to take serious advantage of the postcard sets. They've already got their little network in place and will utilize it for these posters. Hopefully they will get the same promo card that we get in the series 2 boxes.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

I just purchased a sketch poster to cut up and did not see anything about a free sticker. Where was that mentioned?

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
I just purchased a sketch poster to cut up and did not see anything about a free sticker. Where was that mentioned?

DrDeal
What am I missing. I don't see the sketch poster on Topps site.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »
These are the three sketches that I pulled. I am quite partial to the Jay Lynch sketch.  I want to see if this is a singular instance of this character.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
Go to www.wowyzowy.com     to order the posters.

I got free shipping too. You can pay for priority mail or choose free shipping.

DrDeal

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »
Hi Guys!   I'm new here but some of you may know the name.

BIG NEWS!!!     I have a (cut and paste) from the pre-sale.   are you ready...  2 BIG MESS UPS!!!

>>>Wacky Packages Old School 2 Stickers Box PRE-ORDER

SKU: WPOS2-PRE
$44.95

SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE (Ships December / January)

*Pre-Order available for 3 days only: November 24, 25 & 26!

33 All New parody stickers spoofing classic 70's products plus 9 puzzle checklists to collect!
24 Packs per box, 3 Stickers and 1 Puzzle checklist per pack.
In every box you also get: 3 Giant 5" x 7" Pop Art stickers, 3 Jay Lynch or Bill Griffith Artist Concept Cards, Wacky Packages Old School 2 poster, Wacky Artist Sketch Card, & Series 3 mini die-cut card.

ShopTopps.com Exclusive - not available in stores!

BONUS: Purchase 5 boxes and receive a FREE Old School 2 Collectors Binder and Promo Wax Wrapper!

Use Promo Code: WACKY2 for Free Shipping

*Limited supp
\<<<

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
Go to www.wowyzowy.com     to order the posters.

I got free shipping too. You can pay for priority mail or choose free shipping.

DrDeal
Thanks, I didn't even read that on the bottom of the little flyer. Topps obviously doesn't want to deal with posters this time around.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
I have to say that I don't like that the bonus is limited to one per household. This greatly benefits the pricks that set up 5 contacts to take serious advantage of the postcard sets. They've already got their little network in place and will utilize it for these posters. Hopefully they will get the same promo card that we get in the series 2 boxes.

I think it's the same sticker that comes in the box. I have not heard of any other sticker and I did not do any extra art for one. I will look into it.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

Quote from: slamjim link=topic
How many colored sketches this series, anyone know?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Playskull

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
This series is fantastic!
I want to start this thread so we can see the different variations on the sketch cards. Out of 15 boxes I got one double and no colored.
Here are the scans

Me wants that Lynch Playskull!  Sweet!

anything