Author Topic: New Original Music from Playbug !!  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
New Original Music from Playbug !!
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Hello. I am glad to announce that I will have some new original music coming out by the end of this month. It is from my original band called, "The Fool Injectors".

I also have to give a huge thanks to our very own Duzn't of this forum for helping out massively with the Graphic's. He has helped our project out at a time when it came to a halt. He's got mad skills!!! Thank you tremendously !!

The audio and the graphics were recently approved by the whole band and the C.D. is in production right now!

It's late, I gotta crash - but I'll throw some pic.s up here tomorrow of some of the great work that John did for us.

The songs are a big mixture of different styles with a rock edge. We hit on Funk, Hard Rock, Classic, Retro and even a touch of Country Styles through out the C.D. All moderate to upbeat tempo's. Just all around fun music.

Anyone interested in getting a copy just PM me or go to my site and you can get all the latest info and know when they become available. I'm not gonna do a presale, but these will be available soon.   :great:
 jeffxmusic.com
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: New Original Music from Playbug !!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »

Here's the cover of the CD that Duzn't worked out for us. Name of our band is in the sky, Title of the C.D. is above the Car Wash's bays. Got the news today that the expected date for everything to be packaged up is the 25th.  ;D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »
Here's the cover of the CD that Duzn't worked out for us. Name of our band is in the sky, Title of the C.D. is above the Car Wash's bays. Got the news today that the expected date for everything to be packaged up is the 25th.  ;D

Very cool dude!  Which venues do you play, anywhere in North NJ?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline hurricanes

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:13:11 AM »
Like the cover. Well done.
Hope to hear some of it soon.

Frank

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »
Very cool dude!  Which venues do you play, anywhere in North NJ?

Not yet, but we would like to. Any venues come to mind where we can do our orginal stuff? LMK and I'll check into it.  :great:

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
Like the cover. Well done.
Hope to hear some of it soon.

Frank

Thank you. It was a few pictures and concepts I had combined with Duzn't's great photoshoping work. The band is very happy with the graphic's (and audio of course!) I'll keep ya posted when the copies are available.  :great:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »
Not yet, but we would like to. Any venues come to mind where we can do our orginal stuff? LMK and I'll check into it.  :great:
How large a venue?  Small cafes that seat 30 or larger places?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »
How large a venue?  Small cafes that seat 30 or larger places?

Venues of a nightclub of 80+ or larger. We haven't yet worked out a smaller scaled set, but ironically I just talked about this with my bass player about an hour ago. I was playing our songs on my acoustic and told him that we should work on a scaled down version of our show. He could use his upright bass and our drummer could use an electronic kit so the volume could be completely controlled. I think that would be very cool to do - although the songs would end up being alternate versions of their original counterparts, it still would make it interesting.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:02 PM »
Oh yeah, if you want to know a little about the Fool Injectors Band, I made a little clip inspired by Jay's earlier clip of Olds1.

Check it out:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6292433

Offline exceedrin

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
Hilarious, love the video!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »
Venues of a nightclub of 80+ or larger. We haven't yet worked out a smaller scaled set, but ironically I just talked about this with my bass player about an hour ago. I was playing our songs on my acoustic and told him that we should work on a scaled down version of our show. He could use his upright bass and our drummer could use an electronic kit so the volume could be completely controlled. I think that would be very cool to do - although the songs would end up being alternate versions of their original counterparts, it still would make it interesting.
The clubs by me are smaller cafes and bars that would draw 30 or 40.  Seems your following is larger than that, very cool!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
The clubs by me are smaller cafes and bars that would draw 30 or 40.  Seems your following is larger than that, very cool!

Actually, for this band (The Fool Injectors) - there is no following yet. We purposely made the C.D. of original music BEFORE going out to play. This way as soon as we get started, we'll have something for our audience. We won't have to say, "we're working on it". Between my bass player and I, we do have somewhat of a following from the other music projects that we are involved with, but those are just cover bands. No quite as cool as playing your own stuff. I have about 130 fans on my e-mail list alone for folks who want to see my solo show and they know about this new project too. We're hoping for the best and are very excited about this C.D.
 Reason I asked for 80+ venues is because that is the type of venues I am used to playing with my cover band. In that situation we use a full PA system, usually bi-amped to run the subwoofers separate from the mids & highs speaker cabinets. Then, depending upon the size of the place we may or may not mic. up some or all of the instruments as well to run them through the PA along with the vocals. The Fool Injectors band is planning on scaling down the show so we could be able to play at more places. We talked about using a small electronic drum kit or just percussion instruments and of course my bass player and I have acoustic guitars. Ty-Rod (our bass player) just got some new very cool upright basses too! We talked about this and think it is a great idea, we just haven't practiced all the songs that way yet.
 Haven't heard any new news from Discmakers. They are making the C.D.s for us right now. Initially I was joking with Duzn't about "the race is on". I told him lets see what is out first, our C.D. or Olds2. But now it looks like it is going to be very close as our C.D. finish date is estimated at the end of this week on the 25th.  :great:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 09:09:43 PM »
Looks like your CD will be out before Olds 2!  If you know of someone in the market for a full set of stage audio equipment, speakers, soundboard, monitors, ....complete list can be made, let me know.  It is from my wife's music cafe that we sold a couple of years back but we kept the music stuff.  Paid like $10k for it all new, looking to get $3k-$5k.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Looks like your CD will be out before Olds 2!  If you know of someone in the market for a full set of stage audio equipment, speakers, soundboard, monitors, ....complete list can be made, let me know.  It is from my wife's music cafe that we sold a couple of years back but we kept the music stuff.  Paid like $10k for it all new, looking to get $3k-$5k.

If you could make a list of what the equipment is (Make, Model, year if possible) and PM that to me, I will ask a guy I know who is big on purchasing major equipment. I cant guarantee anything, but if there is something there that he doesn't have or needs, I'm sure he'll be interested. He runs a big business in music equipment rentals and sets up and supplies sound systems complete with soundmen for lots of area clubs and big name artists.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
Oh, BTW, to everyone on the forum:

I am selling my 1st released C.D. "Get Ahead" on my site and donating the money to Japan.

I recently raised $50. for the Red Cross at my live solo show and am continuing the effort from my site. All people who purchase the C.D. were listed on my site and you can be too. At the end of my collecting I will post a receipt of the donation on my site for all to see.

Check it out if you'd like to pick up a copy of my 1st C.D. and I'll send $5. for each one sold to the Red Cross! www.jeffxmusic.com
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:46:45 PM by Playbug »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »
The new C.D. may be available on my site starting on or near April 1st !  We are hoping for April 1st. It would be soo fitting since we are, The Fool Injectors.  ;D

We are going to the plant to pick them up personally on Tuesday. So we will have a first hand quality control inspection of the finished product. Then it is just making sure everything is in order with some of the other distributors and a few important odds and ends before the public release. We are very excited about this and feel confident that lots of people will dig this music.....

I will let you know once again when it is going live!

:-*

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
O.K. Our C.D. "Til We're Satisfied" is now available on my site. Our very own Duzn't has helped out this project by putting together all the graphic's on the entire C.D.  :great:  He did an awesome job too !!

If you want to get a physical copy, just go to my site: jeffxmusic.com and click on the tab that says "STORE" then just click on the picture of the C.D. cover (the car at the car wash) and it will redirect you to Paypal. I will send you a physical copy that will include all the graphic's that John helped up with (3 other pictures besides the cover and a picture on the disc itself). Plus don't forget all the cool audio.

If you want to get a digital download, go to digstation.com (it's available now). You can hear sample clips and get single songs or the entire album (recommended!).  :great:

It will also be available on many other sites too including I-Tunes! Will keep ya posted.